Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][XWLSW] Omega v24 ●►Final JB 4.1.2◄●Omega Files●►Fully Modded◄●

OP ::indie::

5th April 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #3981  
fasst's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Fond a fix for homebutton lag - Omega V8.
Rename android.policy.jar in system/framework and copy in the new one from the link. Reboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24357994

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to fasst For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #3982  
Pjotr8's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Weather
- I know it's been said before but i can't find a solution.
The weather on the lockscreen always shows 0.0 degrees instead of the actual temperature.

- Twitter does not want to synchronise contacts for at least two months now.

Any solutions?

(Using Omega B&B - 8.0)
5th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #3983  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilste

Fond a fix for homebutton lag - Omega V8.
Rename android.policy.jar in system/framework and copy in the new one from the link. Reboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24357994

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Quite simply OUTSTANDING! amazing how much better something so small as removing a 0.5-1second delay can make the whole user experience feel.. Samsung and google take note...

Update: started getting force closes of TW for no reason :( reverting change.. damn it....
Last edited by helppme; 5th April 2012 at 09:18 PM.
5th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #3984  
tonysac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
1,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjotr8

- I know it's been said before but i can't find a solution.
The weather on the lockscreen always shows 0.0 degrees instead of the actual temperature.

- Twitter does not want to synchronise contacts for at least two months now.

Any solutions?

(Using Omega B&B - 8.0)

Maybe this is connected with accurate weather widget somehow..try open and run the widget first and then set up again weather from settings/screen..

Keep walking Greece...
The Following User Says Thank You to tonysac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #3985  
::indie::'s Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 46,384
 
5,936 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Here is another good kernel:
Abyss ICS kernel 1.5 Stable Version

Thank you 7tOny4 for letting me know about this kernel!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ::indie:: For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 07:33 PM   |  #3986  
tonysac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
1,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by helppme

Quite simply OUTSTANDING! amazing how much better something so small as removing a 0.5-1second delay can make the whole user experience feel.. Samsung and google take note...

Does this mod also works with Samsung lockscreen?(that comes with ics themed omega)

Keep walking Greece...
5th April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #3987  
cooza's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Annandale N.J.
Thanks Meter: 3,972
 
4,154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djseaneq

is there a way of saving my wifi data ie password so that when i do full wipes i don't have to put it in again.

i donated indie aint a lot but enjoy the two weeks anyway.

I save my wifi passwords in the Memo app and back them up with Titanium.When I do a full wipe and restore my Titanium backup I restore the Memo app (app+data)and the passwords are in there.To connect just copy/paste the password from Memo to wifi when you want to connect.
The Following User Says Thank You to cooza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #3988  
toxictoby's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
360 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::indie::

Here is another good kernel:
Abyss ICS kernel 1.5 Stable Version

Thank you 7tOny4 for letting me know about this kernel!

do you know what this kernel is like for battery life and performance ???
5th April 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #3989  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysac

Does this mod also works with Samsung lockscreen?(that comes with ics themed omega)

Keep walking Greece...

Not sure what you mean. I'm using this mod with ICS themed omega V8 right now. It works perfectly. instant jump from in side TW launcher back to home screen.. and about 0.3 second fade back to home screen from an open app. As the original thread linked explains, it just removes the 0.5+ second 'wait' that is performed to give a chance for the voice initiated double tap.

I can confirm the home button takes approx 0.5 seconds to 'wake' the phone to reveal the lock screen if thats what you are asking... so no change from 'pre mod' imo.. Unless you plan to use voice command I can't see a reason NOT to use this mod

I would say I havent tried this with apex or nova launcher.. I only use TW as I don't trust the others reliability.. (nothing to do with the roms stability, just dont like the launchers)
Last edited by helppme; 5th April 2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: added info
The Following User Says Thank You to helppme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #3990  
umarian's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,923
 
1,457 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjotr8

- I know it's been said before but i can't find a solution.
The weather on the lockscreen always shows 0.0 degrees instead of the actual temperature.

- Twitter does not want to synchronise contacts for at least two months now.

Any solutions?

(Using Omega B&B - 8.0)

man try this ;http://www.mediafire.com/?dd5j24bygcbbbyd
copy in system\app and reboot
permision:rw-r--r--

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jelly bean 4.1.2, omega, omega rom, xwls8
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes