FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM][JB 4.2.1][AOKP/CM10] ReVolt JB I9100 [NIGHTLIES][OTA]

1,988 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,045
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st December 2012, 08:20 AM |#21  
haramizuki's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazkiman

When i go to Settings > storage
Settings Crashs and i am again on the Homescreen.

i think it's a known issue for aokp roms. it's same with VanillaRB.
 
 
1st January 2013, 11:14 AM |#22  
johnhany97's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 3,045
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurencito

John, really sorry to hear about your phone.

If you need any more testers let me know.

L

Thanks Man
I will let you know If i need anymore Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazkiman

Hi again!

When i go to Settings > storage
Settings Crashs and i am again on the Homescreen.

I just wanted to change the USB connection Type to massstorage.

Someone else with the Same?


I am using Dorinmax 7.34 and IT runs very good and the batterystats are very good.

I like this Rom!

Thank you for the good work!

The errors you are seeing are because the Mounting Points aren't fixed yet ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by haramizuki

running revolt as main rom with siyah5 vsync, and no freezes so far. no lags and everything is smooth. :thumbup:

Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
1st January 2013, 11:59 AM |#23  
override182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 210
 
More
Great to see a rebase for 4.2.1 . Looking forward to see more great stuffs from ya dude
1st January 2013, 12:27 PM |#24  
Laurencito's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Hi John,

Gave the nightly 241212 a try with v7.35 Dorinanx kernel and 20121212 gapps.

Have had to revert as I'm trying to teach my self making live wallpaper and you can't use live wallpaper with this yet.

Never the less - Only two things I found when running it were:

1. It could not find any wifi when there phone first starts and asks you to sign in.
2. The camera auto exposure seems to be a bit intermitant. Some times you can go from a bright outdoor scene to an indoor scene and sometimes you can't.

Anyway let us know when the wallpaper thing is fixed and I'll join the nightly crew.

L
3rd January 2013, 12:46 PM |#25  
johnhany97's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 3,045
 
Donate to Me
More
New Nightly Released !! Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
It is going to be founf here : goo.im/devs/Revolt/ReVolt_JB_I9100/Nightlies
This one is 20120103 ..... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnhany97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 04:51 PM |#26  
galaxys s's Avatar
Senior Member
HCM CiTy
Thanks Meter: 614
 
Donate to Me
More
Download latest now ..thank
4th January 2013, 11:30 AM |#27  
punkmonkey1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 503
 
More
Latest release I could not connect to my mobile data. Keep saying 'sign on'
Not sure if it is just my network or not.
Reverted back to my nandroid back up Works ok.



From my fingers to your face.
4th January 2013, 11:58 AM |#28  
johnhany97's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 3,045
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmonkey1984

Latest release I could not connect to my mobile data. Keep saying 'sign on'
Not sure if it is just my network or not.
Reverted back to my nandroid back up Works ok.



From my fingers to your face.

Apparently the Last build was a fail, I am building now another one and will upload once finished, for then, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnhany97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2013, 02:11 PM |#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhany97

Apparently the Last build was a fail, I am building now another one and will upload once finished, for then, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

I've tried the last build with dorimanx kernel 7.35.

Everything works ok, the ROM is smooth and I like the new lockscreen.

Bugs I've found:
  • On first boot/configuration the wifi didn't work. So I have to choose not to add Google account and do after first installation.
  • Settings->Storage: FC as someone already wrote.
  • Sometimes (mostly when browsing internet) the phone became unresponsive so I have to reset pressing power button for 5/6 seconds. (*)


Missing:
  • DPI changer. (I miss the 200 DPI setting)
  • Photosphere camera


(*) I have the same problem with release 2.8.2. I think that the problem is when there are too many application opened. In 2.8.2 I saw that the problem is when free RAM is near 0. In the nightly there's no more memory informations in task manager unfortunatelly.
4th January 2013, 02:21 PM |#30  
johnhany97's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 3,045
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezze

I've tried the last build with dorimanx kernel 7.35.

Everything works ok, the ROM is smooth and I like the new lockscreen.

Bugs I've found:

  • On first boot/configuration the wifi didn't work. So I have to choose not to add Google account and do after first installation.
  • Settings->Storage: FC as someone already wrote.
  • Sometimes (mostly when browsing internet) the phone became unresponsive so I have to reset pressing power button for 5/6 seconds. (*)


Missing:
  • DPI changer. (I miss the 200 DPI setting)
  • Photosphere camera


(*) I have the same problem with release 2.8.2. I think that the problem is when there are too many application opened. In 2.8.2 I saw that the problem is when free RAM is near 0. In the nightly there's no more memory informations in task manager unfortunatelly.

As for the WiFi, I think that MIGHT just be related to GApps or the Kernel
As for the Settings => Storage, This is because Mounting Points aren't yet fixed ......
Now as for the Responsiveness, this also might be Kernel related, But I will see what I can do about it .

The DPI Changer hasn't been added by AOKP yet but you can modify it yourself in build.prop to whatever you like .....
PhotoShpere Camera can be regained by flashing the Android 4.2.1 Camera you used to flash over Android 4.1.2

You can know the RAM by enabling the RAM Bar in ROM Control
Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
The Following User Says Thank You to johnhany97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2013, 03:13 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhany97

As for the WiFi, I think that MIGHT just be related to GApps or the Kernel
As for the Settings => Storage, This is because Mounting Points aren't yet fixed ......
Now as for the Responsiveness, this also might be Kernel related, But I will see what I can do about it .

The DPI Changer hasn't been added by AOKP yet but you can modify it yourself in build.prop to whatever you like .....
PhotoShpere Camera can be regained by flashing the Android 4.2.1 Camera you used to flash over Android 4.1.2

You can know the RAM by enabling the RAM Bar in ROM Control
Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

I've enabled RAM bar in ROM control so I can check if I am right about phone locks.

Which other kernels I can try with this ROM? Siyah?

Thanks, your work is great!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom, galaxy s2, jellybean 4.2.1, revolt jb, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes