[ROM][4.4.4][09/16] SlimSaber - i9100 [SlimKat Unofficial Builds]
SlimKat i9100 SaberMod 4.8 Unofficial builds
I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.
Making SlimKat more faster and smoother
SlimSaber: SaberMod toolchain 4.8.4
SlimKernel: SaberMod toolchain 4.9.2
It comes from my hobby to building rom that is actually for private use and then some users found it on my goo.im. Due to some suggestions from them (rkoby13 is one of them
), I decided to create this thread to share my builds with you.
This build is compiled using SaberMod toolchain and like the official one, it is built from the same source: SlimRoms github
I could cherry-pick some commits ahead from Slim Team or patches from other repositories that I find useful.
The ROM and the kernel are tested by me first before I make it available online. I could have overseen something during testing, please be understand.
In summary, it is still SlimKat that is compiled with SaberMod toolchain. You can consider this build is nightly and the build from the official thread is stable and weekly.
!!! Please don't discuss these unofficial builds in the official thread. User can get confuse easily. !!!
- Compiled with a custom toolchain Sabermod for more performance and better battery life.
- Compiled with the most GCC optimization level -O3.
- Compiled with strict-aliasing compiler optimization.
- Added patches to fix GCC strict-aliasing violation rules.
- Added ARMv7 and Cortex-A9 optimized string handling routines for more smoothness and more memory optimization.
- Added zzmoove governor to the SlimKernel.
- Added some AOSP fixes and improvements.
- Added some VanirAOSP fixes and improvements.
- Disabled SQLite fsync to increase I/O performance.
. Thanks a lot Harsha Raj!
Coming from 4.1.x or 4.2.x or 4.3.x or another ROM to 4.4.x:
Coming from previous unofficial build:
- Flash a kitkat compatible recovery from here. A kernel is a recovery and a recovery is a kernel.
- Reboot to recovery. Not to the system!
- Full wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache.
- Mount system and format system partition manually.
- Flash the unofficial build.
- Flash gapps from here. Please use the 'minimal' one since our system partition is not big enough to carry the 'full' one.
Another version of full wipe/dirty flashing from Hopper8
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Flash the unofficial build.
- No need to re-flash gapps. Gapps will be restored back automatically by backup tool during flashing.
- Music player stops playing music from sdcard after some time. See here.
See second post
Latest 4.4.4: 20140916
Latest 4.4.3: 20140616
Latest 4.4.2: 20140604
Latest 4.3.1: 20131205
Latest 4.2.2: 20130819
SlimRoms - The SlimRom team
SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
zzmoove governor - ZaneZam
SlimSaber banner and signatures - kroz
SuperSU - Chainfire
HardCorePawn - for his great work making the SlimKat available on i9100 device.
Dorimanx - for patches to disable sqlite fsync.
DHO, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake - for awesome fixes and improvements from VanirAOSP.
How To Build
See this post