Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][4.4.4][11/16] SlimSaber - i9100 [SlimKat Unofficial Builds]

OP fusionjack

14th December 2013, 07:53 AM   |  #6111  
Senior Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 11
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptKlink

I thought the dorimanx kernel dosen't work properly yet with KitKat or did i miss something?

hey guys

So so far I did the following:

1) using Odin I installed Dorimanx v9.34
2) I then ran NukeScript
3) I then installed Kit Kat CWM
4) I rebooted and voila I managed to wiped everything and installed SlimSaber-i9100-4.4.2-20131212.zip ROM
5) After reboot it took me to this Team Win project screen instead of loading the ROM

I tried wiping everything from the menu team win provides and reinstalling the ROM etc but it did not work

How can I install Kit Kat on this phone?
What kernal do I use?

Please help, I am still phone less....

Thanks in advance, really appreciate the help and support
14th December 2013, 08:14 AM   |  #6112  
pSyCh¤_O_O's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag http://i41.tinypic.com/15f69o4.gif
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
1,214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirokx

hey guys

So so far I did the following:

1) using Odin I installed Dorimanx v9.34
2) I then ran NukeScript
3) I then installed Kit Kat CWM
4) I rebooted and voila I managed to wiped everything and installed SlimSaber-i9100-4.4.2-20131212.zip ROM
5) After reboot it took me to this Team Win project screen instead of loading the ROM

I tried wiping everything from the menu team win provides and reinstalling the ROM etc but it did not work

How can I install Kit Kat on this phone?
What kernal do I use?

Please help, I am still phone less....

Thanks in advance, really appreciate the help and support

TWRP should work to flash KK

Just wipe data,cache,dalvik and system
Then flash ROM
Then GApps (im using AIO but its recomended to use Slim GApps)
Check here:
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/do...loads/dlsearch
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pSyCh¤_O_O For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2013, 08:24 AM   |  #6113  
Senior Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 11
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pSyCh¤_O_O

TWRP should work to flash KK

Just wipe data,cache,dalvik and system
Then flash ROM
Then GApps (im using AIO but its recomended to use Slim GApps)
Check here:
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/do...loads/dlsearch

thank you for your message....

where do I get TWRP from and what version should I download?

Thank you
14th December 2013, 08:35 AM   |  #6114  
pSyCh¤_O_O's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag http://i41.tinypic.com/15f69o4.gif
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
1,214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirokx

thank you for your message....

where do I get TWRP from and what version should I download?

Thank you

This should do it....remember to backup first from recovery

http://d-h.st/U8M
The Following User Says Thank You to pSyCh¤_O_O For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2013, 08:36 AM   |  #6115  
Senior Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 11
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pSyCh¤_O_O

This should do it....remember to backup first from recovery


"You could always press the thanks button, you know "

woops so sorry for my rudeness, I just did...

Thanks for your help really really really appreciate all your help guys
Last edited by xirokx; 14th December 2013 at 08:42 AM.
14th December 2013, 08:39 AM   |  #6116  
bullcrapr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirokx

thank you for your message....

where do I get TWRP from and what version should I download?

Thank you

You could always press the thanks button, you know.
All these questions you're asking (about recovery and method of install) is available on the first page (OP). It's very well-structured and very easy to follow.
Last edited by bullcrapr; 14th December 2013 at 08:42 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bullcrapr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2013, 08:53 AM   |  #6117  
Senior Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 11
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
ok did as you said:

a) used the TWRP CWM
b) wiped everything
c) installed 4.4.2 ROM
d) installed GAPPS as recommended

And BINGO!!! I now have access to my phone again

Thank you so much

Btw How stable is 4.4.2?
14th December 2013, 09:02 AM   |  #6118  
pSyCh¤_O_O's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag http://i41.tinypic.com/15f69o4.gif
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
1,214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirokx

ok did as you said:

a) used the TWRP CWM
b) wiped everything
c) installed 4.4.2 ROM
d) installed GAPPS as recommended

And BINGO!!! I now have access to my phone again

Thank you so much

Btw How stable is 4.4.2?

No problem mate

4.4.2 as stable as 4.3.1 if you ask me

Still a few things missing but theres workarounds for now. And to be onest its really feature packed allready so theres nothing i miss from 4.3.1
Well worth it IMO
14th December 2013, 09:24 AM   |  #6119  
FPSUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293
 
1,660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Can we dirty flash 4.4 over 4.3.1?

Or what do I need to do to keep apps and data?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app
14th December 2013, 09:34 AM   |  #6120  
Nos_20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SGSII Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,193
 
1,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekBlood

Can we dirty flash 4.4 over 4.3.1?

Or what do I need to do to keep apps and data?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app

No. Full wipe required. Read op

Sent From My Galaxy S2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nos_20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best rom for galaxy s 2, i9100, linaro, sabermod, slimbean, slimbean unofficial builds, unofficial
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes