Originally Posted by RM57380
I post an 'HOW TO' in my 1st post to improve the battery life.
Thank you. I would like to add two more:
---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------
Originally Posted by moropazzo96
Hi RM57380, thanks for your great work! Is possible, however flash the stock samsung 4.1.2 kernel? if you where can I find it? Thanks!
1) Download official I9100XWLSD_I9100FOPLS4_FOP.zip
2) Extract it and rename tar.md5 to tar.
3) Extract with winrar, peazip, etc and zImage is the official kernel. You can flash it with adb command or repack the zImage only in tar format and format in Odin with PDA option.
Originally Posted by pseudoremora
To flash a zImage:
1. Place the zImage you want to flash inside your AndroidSDK\tools folder
2. Reboot your phone into FASTBOOT/bootloader mode
3. Run the following commands (from your AndroidSDK\tools PATH):
fastboot devices -- Should pull up serial #
The command above will only temporarily boot the new zImage, meaning you can test and do whatever you want, but after you reboot your phone again -- your previous zImage will be reloaded, removing the current one you were testing (Recommended method for testing, until you're sure you want to permanently flash).
fastboot boot zImage -- Your phone will automatically reboot
If you want to make the new zImage you're trying to flash permanent, enter this command instead:
Fastboot might hang so just turn the power off on your Evo then put it back into “fastboot” mode by pressing on the Power button WHILE holding down the Volume down button. Then press Power button once more to enter “fastboot” mode. You should see the image flashing now. Just reboot after that.
fastboot flash zimage zImage
Originally Posted by dr.ketan
If you want to flash stock kernel only then you can use PC Odin too.(you shud have kernel in .tar), you need to place kernel .tar file for selecting PDA in Odin.
Mobile odin can flash zImage file.
none of above said erase data.