[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39][OFFICIAL] Xylon \\ 2.1.1 \\ 07.03.2013

Search This thread

089man

Sep 25, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39][OFFICIAL] Xylon \\ 020 \\ 14.02.2013

The update yesterday was not compiled, because we were still working on the sourcecode. We hope to make some sucessfull fixes today and compile it then.

Sorry for the delay :)

Can you send a changelog for the coming update? You write yesterday: many many thighs?

Is paranoid included? Fix the pin code issues?

Thx.

I9100 Tapatalk 2, Rom1 P.A.C man Paranoid + PIE 4.2.1 / Rom2 Xylon 4.2.2 Siyah v5 vsync

F

fuss132

No PA on xylon! search what xylon is... if u want PA install it then

We´ve mostly fixed some small bugs and made the rom more stable. For a detailed changelog please visit our github. We dont wanna spend our time in making changelogs, we´re doing the changes ;)

The big change for us (that you wont notice) is that the rom is this time 100% autocompiled by our build servers, which means that you can get updates faster and we can do more things in the meantime while our computers are not forced to compile. This time there might be a nonbootingrom again, as the building on server is always a very difficult thing.

The pa thing, well we will not add more pa things thatn already included. We dont want to become a pa clone If you love pa pelease use pa :D

And for all other bugs like wifi tethering, bluetooth or all the other. We will not fix bugs without logcats! Saying this and that does not work does not contribute to a better rom. We dont own a s2 except you buying one (what you wont do and should not do) and we´re not able to do logcats. And fixing without knowing the exact problem is impossible

Thanks for your comprehension :)

Edit: New build from buildserver is online! :) Download here I hope its at least booting :D All the other issues... you know... logcat

Last edited:

089man

Sep 25, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39][OFFICIAL] Xylon \\ 020 \\ 17.02.2013

Thx, for new release 17.
Download

I9100 Tapatalk 2, Rom1 P.A.C man Paranoid + PIE 4.2.1 / Rom2 Xylon 4.2.2 Siyah v5 vsync

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever
Re: [ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39][OFFICIAL] Xylon \\ 020 \\ 17.02.2013

Just installed and booted as my second rom but lost keyboard. I think I have downloaded wrong gapps in OP so going to download again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

089man

Sep 25, 2012

Here the same, have update the Rom previous version.
The keyboard was changed during setup to physical.
We must go now to settings and must say off. Than take my SwiftKey. Must not download again. Smile.

The biggest issue for me is the same as before. My sim card were not found. The pin code windows not coming on boot. I can go to the phone without pin code and now I have no provider.

Hmm, I can not used this Rom.

Last edited:

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever

Yes I can't use keyboard at all, tried another keyboard I had but didn't work and I don't use or have swift key. I am dual booting and will wait for further reports. I'm back on first xylon build again

089man

Sep 25, 2012

If you have IMEI switch activ you can wish with finger from top to bottom and can deactivated the fake keyboard and take yours what you want.

I like this Rom, best 4.2.2 at this time with many features, but can not used. Sim card not found in this Rom. Can not push the pin.
It's starts without pin window.

During update I lost many many installed apps. Also play store. Must restore all with titanium backup.

And my issue with fm radio, spirit fm is also not fixed. With this Rom I not heard sound. Not working.
On all other tested Rom its works fine.
I think this update is the standard nighli only.

I restore my old Rom back. So I can not work and test this Rom.

Last edited:
F

fuss132

Sorry for the issues. Especially simcard. I don't know why this happens

Anyone investing some minutes and make log cats for the issues?

Give us some time and don't expect updates the next few days next release hopefully with important fixes ^^ Damn without testing is hard :D

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bluefa1con

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 9, 2011

Sorry for the issues. Especially simcard. I don't know why this happens

Anyone investing some minutes and make log cats for the issues?

Give us some time and don't expect updates the next few days next release hopefully with important fixes ^^ Damn without testing is hard :D

Are you using cm telephony?aosp doesn't support our device radio

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

shemensoia

Oct 2, 2012
Not working!

i flashed the rom, all the wipes were made. and it stucks at the logo of samsung! HELP! plz!
and now i cant go to recovery..the phone stucks at the samsung logo. i've flashed the nightly.

mattisfaction

Jul 14, 2011

i flashed the rom, all the wipes were made. and it stucks at the logo of samsung! HELP! plz!
and now i cant go to recovery..the phone stucks at the samsung logo. i've flashed the nightly.

What kernel did you wipe from? Some are dangerous... plus have you tried booting into download and using Odin?

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: shemensoia

sykoj82

Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, NH

Ouch...that sux...u will need to flash a kernel using Odin....download a .tar format like Siyah so u can get recovery back.

Sent from my SGH-i777 using XDA Premium

Reactions: shemensoia

cyberbandit1998

Aug 11, 2010
Clinton TWP
Google Pixel 7

Love the ROM. It also bricked my device. I had to Odin a kernel,but they may be my fault I hell raised this ROM for my i777. The only complaint is the use hardware keyboard selection doesn't stick after reboot.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Sikac101

Jun 11, 2012
Windhoek
Not working!

It happened to me also, I had to Odin two to three times last night. It seems the built in kernel is the problem. After a clean install, don't reboot, stay in recovery and then flash another kernel may be Siyah or Dori 7.47. After that it should boot up successfully. I hope our experience will help someone in this dilemma. Besides the first boot issue, the ROM is definitely flying, thanks to the devs for this:good:.

F

fuss132

It happened to me also, I had to Odin two to three times last night. It seems the built in kernel is the problem. After a clean install, don't reboot, stay in recovery and then flash another kernel may be Siyah or Dori 7.47. After that it should boot up successfully. I hope our experience will help someone in this dilemma. Besides the first boot issue, the ROM is definitely flying, thanks to the devs for this:good:.

But you also have the pin not showing up issue right?

F

fuss132

Frankly, I have not encountered the pin not showing up issue. But I'll test further for any other issues and report back.

That's weird when its working for you ^^ Did you do a wipe when you flashed xylon or a dirty install?

shemensoia

Oct 2, 2012
What kernel did you wipe from? Some are dangerous... plus have you tried booting into download and using Odin?

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2

I dont rememeber what kernel that was, but i was moving from JELLYBAM 4.2.1.
I've already used Odin, installed a stock.
but i still want to try this Xylon ROM but im afraid the problem will occur again..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, just having a peek I can see that some files are missing from the wifi folder. Easy enough fix. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to go to system/etc/ and delete the wifi folder. Open up the zip of the last release (2/17) and copy and paste the wifi folder (from system/etc) into the system/etc folder on your phone. Make sure permissions are set to 755 (rwx r-x r-x) on the wifi folder and 644 (rw- r-- r--) on everything inside it once you've pasted the folder into your system files, reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, and you should be good to go! ... theoretically. I haven't actually tried this. I'm making an educated guess. Files are missing, but wifi doesn't tend to change much. This is probably just a little compiler error.

The easiest way to do this is via command line on your computer IMHO. You just need adb. Of course, you can use ES File Explorer or something similar so long as you grant root level access.
    Index

Hi, this ROM it's now featured on the renewed Index of ROMs from the Original Android Development Forum

Any observation please send me a PM :)
    You hellraised for I777 or only tested the original version for I9100???

If yes... Could you please post a link to test too?? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
    Just flash the ROM, AJ's siyah and your modem. Two DL links in the OP.
    ROM looks awesome! Downloading... Does anyone know if there is a camera flash on exit?
    Yep, camera flash on exit :(
    Bugs:

• Please report! :)
    Running fine on i777. Only bug I've found so far is the standard bluetooth problem and a settings FC on "Launch Tools" in Dev options.
    AW: [ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39][YET-UNOFFICIAL] Xylon \\ 020 \\ 14.02.2013

Anyone successfully tried siyah 4/5?
    Would really like to have some BLN love here ;)

I'm on mcm's siyah 5. Working good.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Is this really Android 4.2.2?? Why don't I have estimated download time when i download something???

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
    Whoa, what theme is that? Looks ****ing awesome! :thumbup:

nova launcher and this theme

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2116195