Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should this project keep going and continue with these nightly builds?
Yes! These are great. Please continue !! 96 91.43%
Don't care... Seems the same has official CM. 8 7.62%
No! These are BS builds..! Stop doing them. 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][4.3.1][LINARO/SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 10.2.1 Final [RELEASE]

Tip us?

infected_
Old
(Last edited by infected_; 4th February 2014 at 11:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8,377

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][4.3.1][LINARO/SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 10.2.1 Final [RELEASE]

i9100 CYANOGENMOD 10.2 LINARO/SABERMOD BUILDS

Build 10.2.1 Final is ONLINE

Build/Sync Date: Feb 01 2014 --h:-- GMT+00h:00 Lisbon

DOWNLOAD

(MediaFire - Main Mirror)

DOWNLOAD
(AndroidFileHost - Backup Mirror)

(md5sum included with all builds)

DONATIONS NEEDED

Quote:
ok... here's the deal..

i don't like asking for donations, because i am doing this almost for fun, and learning new stuff. but this time its really needed...
i trying to expand the linaro/sabermod builds "business".. for this, we should start to have our own website for starters, where i can publish our builds.
websites requires work, knowledge, and money above all.
the website is already a WIP, and almost complete:

http://pierun.tk/white/
http://pierun.tk/dark/

thanks @Pumpernikiell for the work he had.

it will have two versions. one white, the one i gave the link, and a dark one.

i am asking if to you all, that every day download and use the builds i compile, if all of you give just even $1/1€, it will be enough money to buy a domain, a hosting server, and maybe if theres enough donations, even a VPS...

so, please donate what you can, so this project goes forward, and keeps getting better, and better.

you can donate, using this link: DONATE

thank you all,

infected_
(cross-compiled with sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.9.0 201307, and linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 201312 toolchains)

• -O3 building optimizations;
    custom performance flags;
    strict-aliasing rules;
    cortex string routines handling;
    sqlite fsync hack (by dorimanx);
    over +30 cherry-picked commits/patches;

CHANGELOG 10.2

(always compare build/sync date (settings -> about phone) with changelogs)

STATS

Quote:
CM 10.1 PROJECT STATS @ 20130922 14h:20 GMT+00h:00 Lisbon (+1h Summer Time)

Builds = 57

Downloads TOTAL = 7843

CM 10.2 PROJECT STATS @ 20130922 14h:28 GMT+00h:00 Lisbon (+1h Summer Time)

Builds = 32

Downloads Total = 10169

These builds are hosted in my private account at MediaFire (purchased account - 120GB | no ads and really fast downloads!)

(buildbot: intel core i7 3770k@4.6Ghz, asus p8z77-v, 8gb corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz cl9, sapphire hd7970 dual-x, 2x samsung 128gb ssd 840 pro raid 0 array,
2x western wigital wd3200aaks raid 0 array, samsung f1 1tb, silverstone olympia 1000w psu, antec 1200 high-tower)
(wc setup: swiftech apogee xt cpu-block, black-ice gtx-lite 240 radiator, 2x noiseblocker eloop b12-3 1900rpm fans, swiftech mcp355 water-pump, danger den 5.25" reservoir bay)
(Linux Mint 16 "Petra" x64 3.13.1)

Disclaimer:

These builds are freshly compiled/synced from CyanogenMod open-source code:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod
When its necessary, it can be cherry-picked a commit and integrate it on the build
sabermod arm-linux-androideabi-4.9.0 201307, and linaro arm-eabi-4.7.4 201310 toolchains used to cross-compile.
If you have any doubt or question, post it in the main thread, so we can help out.
You can check Officials CM 10.1 & CM 10.2 threads for support also, since the source code is the same.

Special Thanks

Quote:
IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo, DJLamontagneIII, fusionjack and bluefa1con - for the tips, and some of the commits/patches on the ROM building.
Karpfenhai - user support.

please support my work (check OP's) ..
linaro/sabermod builds - official threads
v500/G Pad - cm_11.0 | slimkat | aospa
yuga/Xperia Z - cm_11.0 | slimkat | aospa
honami/Xperia Z1 - cm_11.0 | slimkat | aospa
The Following 160 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

infected_
Old
(Last edited by infected_; 25th September 2013 at 07:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8,377

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 Instructions/Download Links

Quote:
OFFICIAL CM WIKI
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9100_Info

Quote:
OFFICIAL CM INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
- Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SDCard
- Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10.1:
- Copy 4.3 GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- Reboot

Quote:
DOWNLOADS
i9100 LINARO/SABERMOD CM 10.1 & 10.2 Nightly Builds:
MediaFire Download Folder

AndroidFileHosting Folder

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps
The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

infected_
Old
(Last edited by infected_; 10th October 2013 at 01:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8,377

DONATE TO ME
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the difference between these builds and the official builds?

These are unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 10.2 for the i9100.
ROM is built using the same source code (github) like the official one but with these following additions:
  • Compiled using linaro arm-eabi 4.7.4 13.09 (kernel code) & linaro arm-linux-androideabi 4.8.2 13.09 (rom code) toolchain compilers
  • May contain some custom cherry-picks. Always see changelog for details.
  • Cross-compiled using those custom toolchains results in a more smoother, faster, and battery friendly ROM

What is Toolchain?

Quote:
In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that are used to create a product (typically another computer program or system of programs). The tools may be used in a chain, so that the output of each tool becomes the input for the next, but the term is used widely to refer to any set of linked development tools.
A simple software development toolchain consists of a compiler and linker to transform the source code into an executable program, libraries to provide interfaces to the operating system, and a debugger. A complex product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models, and animations, and further tools for combining these resources into the finished product.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain

What is SaberMod?

The term "SaberMod" is coming from:

Quote:
SaberMod is a AOSP based ROM with some extra features added in and mostly from CyanogenMod. SaberMod started out pure AOSP when android 4.2.1 launched. Originally it was pure AOSP with a few extra features I ported over from CyanogeMod and linaro optimizations. Then I rebased everything off of rasbeanjelly because I liked many features found in rasbean. Since then I've modified a lot of the code so not much of it is rasbeanjelly based anymore. But you will still find some commonly used features found in rasbeanjelly. SaberMod is not a rasbeanjelly or CM clone, or KANG. Custom kernels are included for certain devices when available. These are personal builds we make for ourselves and originally became very popular in the nexus 7 forums. Features are very rarely added, and are built to SaberMod's team members liking. Currently there are two members of SaberMod working on this project. Myself and @jarjar124 . Please understand our time is limited and we are only two people who have lives, and do not have 25-50 members like CyanogenMod to add things. And our goal is not to add a bunch of features that bloat the system of the ROM.
Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158698

What is Linaro?

Quote:
Linaro is the place where engineers from the world's leading technology companies define the future of Linux on ARM. The company is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
Source: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/

About GCC main compiler cflags

Quote:
-O1
Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function. With -O, the compiler tries to reduce code size and execution time, without performing any optimizations that take a great deal of compilation time.

-O2
Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code. -O2 turns on all optimization flags specified by -O.

-O3
Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-loop-vectorize, -ftree-slp-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os
Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unexist6969
Old
(Last edited by Unexist6969; 26th June 2013 at 01:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,184
Raise the flasholism! Is linaro 4.8 stable for android ? https://github.com/dorimanx/Dorimanx...c0c9054cfda61a

But let's flash and see

Btw what distro do u build on?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Sent from S2 @ mcm811-cm10.1 & Pfittech 1.0.8 \\ mcm-siyah5/dorimanx

infected_
Old
(Last edited by infected_; 15th July 2013 at 04:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8,377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unexist6969 View Post
Raise the flasholism! Is linaro 4.8 stable for android ? https://github.com/dorimanx/Dorimanx...c0c9054cfda61a

But let's flash and see

Btw what distro do u build on?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
i'm using gcc linaro arm compiler 13.06/4.8 201306 at almost a month... NEVER gave me problems on my builds, and seems more smooth and battery friendly than the compiler that CM Jenkins buildbot uses.

running ubuntu 13.04 x64 / kernel 3.8.0-26

regards.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kokesh
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Any idea why Bluetooth audio routing to Mono devices (BT Mono for example) doesn't work on CM10.1? It used to work on CM10.
Device: SGS2 i9100
Provider: Halebop [swe]
ROM: Omni 4.4.x latest nightly
KERNEL: Omni stock
Recovery: TWRP
My Work: http://www.hms.se

infected_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8,377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokesh View Post
Any idea why Bluetooth audio routing to Mono devices (BT Mono for example) doesn't work on CM10.1? It used to work on CM10.
no. sorry..

but, have you tried these:

Mono Bluetooh Router

&

Super BT Mono

give it a try.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lowrider82
Old
Thanks Meter 30
What does this offer more than official cm?

Sent from my GT-I9100

infected_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8,377

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider82 View Post
What does this offer more than official cm?

Sent from my GT-I9100
The main difference between these builds and the official ones, is that these builds are compiled using the GCC Linaro 4.8 201306 toolchain. Has been stated by users (and by myself) that this results in a smoother UI, and better battery usage..

also, check these two links:

http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linaro

regards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leblvin
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Giving this a try! I'll give you feedback =)

The Following User Says Thank You to leblvin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
10.2, cyanogenmod, i9100, linaro, sabermod