View Poll Results: Since it's a community project , what name do you want for the rom?
OrmusRom 18 30.00%
OrionRom 20 33.33%
SigmaRom 4 6.67%
DroidRom 4 6.67%
ZeusRom 9 15.00%
Other 6 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

[WIP][4.4.2 PORT][SAMMY]OrionRomV1b[Project]

OP Caproid

31st May 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 504

426 posts
More
Hello S2 Lovers,

After I saw a thread in Galaxy S2 General about the possibility of porting 4.4.2 Samsung original Rom . The S3 developers have done it successfully. So I downloaded a N2 ROM and using a little guide, I managed to zip a Samsung based custom ROM.

All right , so now is the next big thing. I don't have tine this two days so.. I will post a link to the ROM and everyone who wants to try, feel free. I don't know if it boots but I assure you it will after some updates. So happy flashing and tell me if it boots or not. If it boots tell me how it is

I AM NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES

Best method for installation(DO BACKUP!!!!!!!!!BACKUP!!!!)
1. As it is a 4.4.2 ROM you will need to flash it through latest CWM OR TWRP(recommended because it gives log)
2. Full wipe and format system
3. Flash the ROM
Look at for if it gives an error
4. If it gets an error go to advanced and get a log.

IT IS A WIP... RIGHT NOW IT WON'T BOOT.. YOU WILL SEE A BLACK SCREEN OR YOU WILL GET AN ERROR(MY VERSION)
JUST PATIENTLY WAIT FOR THE BOOTABLE VERSION . DON'T ASK FOR ETA.

Link to Fixed @Troubadour666 version : http://d-h.st/RZK

@the-bomber
@Troubadour666
@revoll_
@JustArchi

Project Banners:
... Soon
Last edited by Caproid; 16th August 2014 at 10:09 AM.
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to Caproid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 176

606 posts
More
What mali drivers are include in your port?

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
31st May 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti

426 posts
More
V3 I think

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Caproid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Zahlah
Thanks Meter: 299

75 posts
More
Smile Interesting Project
Good day my friend! As I was checking the development threads in the i9100 forums, I saw a new post which indicates a port of official KitKat firmware from the GT-N7100. I see you uploaded an untested build, but I am downloading it anyway, but may I ask you something my friend, is it possible that you "debloat" the firmware? The GT-I9100 has an approximately 500 MB system partition (exactly 495.xx) so I'm not sure whether the installation would work or not. The users back at the I9300 forum (at least the one who made a poof-of-concept port) had to partition his device to get more /system space partition, we don't recommend that anywhere since it is a 200% way to potentially brick a device (who knows what error might occur), so removing Samsung's proprietary apps (i.e. bloatware) is the first step to get this working right. Additionally, a 790 MB firmware (due to slow connection including where I live) needs a good hosting site (Devhost, Mediafire... etc). I'm not sure users from SlimSaber, CyanFox, CyanogenMod, AOSB, Beanstalk or other KitKat ROM threads would give this a shot knowing that it is untested (I don't know what kernel it is using too), but I'll just do the honor even it was on the cost of damaging something in the phone. Good luck my friend, and please don't take my word as an offense since this is, in no doubt, one hell of a groundbreaking project (at least for TouchWiz users like me), and I am willing to lend you a hand if you need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul_Kolanjian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #5  
Flag Piotrków Trybunalski
Thanks Meter: 227

588 posts
woow, this is kitkat TW?
31st May 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Er rachidia
Thanks Meter: 690

406 posts
More
Thanks man i'll try it as soon as it'll finish downloading
also i ported 4.2.2 from s2 plus ! but i need to add symlinking to it cuz it's 700mb+ and in our system partition we only have 500 mb !
so it needs more work well right now i'm busy so i stopped
edit:
rom is too big ! need to symlink !
Last edited by the-bomber; 31st May 2014 at 01:51 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the-bomber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 690

888 posts
you are just obsessed with making new threads arent you?

@JustArchi is likely to have a lot of tips - im sure it would be appreciated if he could drop by with a few
31st May 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #8  
Flag Piotrków Trybunalski
Thanks Meter: 227

588 posts
installation error symlinking error..
31st May 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti

426 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjax

installation error symlinking error..

Hmm.. Yes ,that's it , ROM is too big Need to add symlinking

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st May 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti

426 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Kolanjian

Good day my friend! As I was checking the development threads in the i9100 forums, I saw a new post which indicates a port of official KitKat firmware from the GT-N7100. I see you uploaded an untested build, but I am downloading it anyway, but may I ask you something my friend, is it possible that you "debloat" the firmware? The GT-I9100 has an approximately 500 MB system partition (exactly 495.xx) so I'm not sure whether the installation would work or not. The users back at the I9300 forum (at least the one who made a poof-of-concept port) had to partition his device to get more /system space partition, we don't recommend that anywhere since it is a 200% way to potentially brick a device (who knows what error might occur), so removing Samsung's proprietary apps (i.e. bloatware) is the first step to get this working right. Additionally, a 790 MB firmware (due to slow connection including where I live) needs a good hosting site (Devhost, Mediafire... etc). I'm not sure users from SlimSaber, CyanFox, CyanogenMod, AOSB, Beanstalk or other KitKat ROM threads would give this a shot knowing that it is untested (I don't know what kernel it is using too), but I'll just do the honor even it was on the cost of damaging something in the phone. Good luck my friend, and please don't take my word as an offense since this is, in no doubt, one hell of a groundbreaking project (at least for TouchWiz users like me), and I am willing to lend you a hand if you need it.

Thanks for your encouragement . I will debloat it and need to symlink Anyone who wants to help is more than apreciated

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caproid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread