Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Since it's a community project , what name do you want for the rom?
OrmusRom 18 30.00%
OrionRom 20 33.33%
SigmaRom 4 6.67%
DroidRom 4 6.67%
ZeusRom 9 15.00%
Other 6 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

[WIP][4.4.2 PORT][SAMMY]OrionRomV1b[Project]

Tip us?

smeet.somaiya
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caproid View Post
Dude, if you would have read the entire thread you would have seen that I said that I used thisbguide combined with another

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Okay. Sorry. My mistake. I haven't read the entire thread.

xda_Noob.
Old
Thanks Meter 416
You have to Build new Kernel to get it boot i think..
Proudly send From my Samsung Galaxy S3 running GlamourS5 ROM or may I call it Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini ?

Sami Kabir
Old
Thanks Meter 774

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_Noob. View Post
You have to Build new Kernel to get it boot i think..
I'm not so sure about that.. I was checking out ArchiPort for the Galaxy S3 and found this screenshot...

Look at the Kernel version.. Its 3.0.31.. I'm using my ROM, which is based on Android 4.1.2 and the custom kernel I am using is also based on 3.0.31.. So that's why I think its not properly booting for some other reason.. Perhaps due to missing, incompatible or "misbehaving" files..

By the way, I am a Galaxy S Advance user. And I too would like to run Samsung's 4.4.2 ROM on my phone

► Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-i9070)
► Kernel: CoCore E Refresh ► ROM: Sami OS 1.2
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My Website | Follow me on Twitter | Follow me on Instagram

xda_Noob.
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Kabir View Post
I'm not so sure about that.. I was checking out ArchiPort for the Galaxy S3 and found this screenshot...

Look at the Kernel version.. Its 3.0.31.. I'm using my ROM, which is based on Android 4.1.2 and the custom kernel I am using is also based on 3.0.31.. So that's why I think its not properly booting for some other reason.. Perhaps due to missing, incompatible or "misbehaving" files..

By the way, I am a Galaxy S Advance user. And I too would like to run Samsung's 4.4.2 ROM on my phone
Yeah sure why that is booting on the s3 is because note2 and s3 has got almost same hardware it was hard for the devs to get it boot. If you ask me the stock kernel for the Port is very crapy. JustArchi and the other dev had to fixed very hard things like IRl and so at the beginning of the port even the storage wasnt accessible it needs very active devs to get it more or less work on s2 i dont know if that make sense to port Archiport to s2 that even doesnt run stable on the s3
Proudly send From my Samsung Galaxy S3 running GlamourS5 ROM or may I call it Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini ?
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_Noob. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Junaid1460
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_Noob. View Post
Yeah sure why that is booting on the s3 is because note2 and s3 has got almost same hardware it was hard for the devs to get it boot. If you ask me the stock kernel for the Port is very crapy. JustArchi and the other dev had to fixed very hard things like IRl and so at the beginning of the port even the storage wasnt accessible it needs very active devs to get it more or less work on s2 i dont know if that make sense to port Archiport to s2 that even doesnt run stable on the s3
I had got the rom already booting ..on note ( checkout galaxy note generals)
but still Its most chalenging thing for me..alway thinking why couldn't I

if I won it mean you won ..both devices are siblings..lol
development = do some thing new
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Junaid1460 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caproid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid1460 View Post
I had got the rom already booting ..on note ( checkout galaxy note generals)
but still Its most chalenging thing for me..alway thinking why couldn't I

if I won it mean you won ..both devices are siblings..lol
Lol that's encouraging.. Mate , post some ss .. And tell me how you've made with the kernel @Vivek_Neel

Everything is hard and that's why we need friends, that's why we need a mate to help us to reach our goals
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caproid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Junaid1460
Old
(Last edited by Junaid1460; 9th July 2014 at 12:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caproid View Post
Lol that's encouraging.. Mate , post some ss .. And tell me how you've made with the kernel @Vivek_Neel

nothing extra added some /dev/video** from stock to cm11 kernel in uventd.smdk4210.rc and bootclass path was already changed by my senior @forest1971 thanks to him

do not try to parse any hwcomposer use the one from tab3 .but it will stuck in bootanimation till dexopt completed , so you have to wait while its stuck . after once hw composer fully loaded it willbstart animation.
i prefer to use /bin/bootanimation from cm because with this you make sure that my device showing bootanimation.
will give a lengthy log.
im in a way to find a prferable solution for this lengthy log

and do not change much libraries it will just give text relocation.and will not work.

any way ..good luck

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Kabir View Post

if your ramdisk init.rc is importing init.${ro.hardware}.rc and you have put the smdk4412 init file then it surely wont boot.(i experimented)

donot try do much changes while you are testing. first test should be always with init.rc and init.environ.rc

i mean change boot.classpath and some bootargs .

coming about bootargs ..

these are contained in init.rc take every args after "on boot" from from your port kernel . and remove some feature which will require specific hardware which is not present in your device..

try your best..
development = do some thing new
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Junaid1460 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eraser0
Old
Thanks Meter 222
And Cyanogenmod have imported mali drivers from GT-N7100 for KK, if that helps

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/66404/

stelistcristi
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser0 View Post
And Cyanogenmod have imported mali drivers from GT-N7100 for KK, if that helps

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/66404/
There's already blobs for r4p0
Tester & volunteer for Mozilla

My projects:
[MOD] Improve your battery life tenfold (modded version for SGM)

My phones:
SAMSUNG Galaxy SII (GT-I9100)
ROM: SlimKat 20140217 [4.3.1] | Kernel: Dorimanx V10.43
Gov Wake: HYPER | Gov Sleep: ONDEMAND
IO Wake: BFQ | IO Sleep: BFQ

Geeksphone Keon - Firefox OS developer phone [v1.2]
SAMSUNG Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) - bricked