Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Since it's a community project , what name do you want for the rom?
OrmusRom 18 30.00%
OrionRom 20 33.33%
SigmaRom 4 6.67%
DroidRom 4 6.67%
ZeusRom 9 15.00%
Other 6 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

[WIP][4.4.2 PORT][SAMMY]OrionRomV1b[Project]

Tip us?

Ganjax
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Can't u edit dorimanx kernel for make it work? There are 3 versions, v8 for stock roms, v9 and v10 for aosp/cm bases, it's possible to complie i think. But i can be wrong.
Good News Is No News!

PolishVodka
Old
Thanks Meter 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by I98 View Post
Hello,
I know that you have a kernel problem, but since the note 2 is xhdpi doesn't that mean that if the rom were bootable most things would be larger than they should be?As for the boot img I tried unpacking it but kept on getting errors.
Thanks
XHDPI resolution doesn't matter couse everything is scaled to DPI values (for S2 default 240), so everything should be OK.
For kernel - first must be a sure, which changes are needed in ramdisk side. Unpack Note 2 kernel (if u can), and unpack any S2 kernel for 4.4.X for initramfs (this script should do this: https://github.com/davidmroth/Extract-Kernel-Initramfs ).
Than you need to unpack boot.cpio (ramdisk) via command - cpio -id < ../boot.cpio , do a necessary changes and repack again to .cpio archive - find * | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../boot.cpio.gz
gzip -d boot.cpio.gz
And now you have initramfs for stock KitKat ROM, but you must now download any kernel source you want for I9100 and build kernel with: CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE=/directory to initramfs folder on your PC.
Everything you must do on Linux.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PolishVodka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]