Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Since it's a community project , what name do you want for the rom?
OrmusRom 18 30.00%
OrionRom 20 33.33%
SigmaRom 4 6.67%
DroidRom 4 6.67%
ZeusRom 9 15.00%
Other 6 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

[WIP][4.4.2 PORT][SAMMY]OrionRomV1b[Project]

OP Caproid

17th August 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #321  
Flag Piotrków Trybunalski
Thanks Meter: 212

566 posts
Can't u edit dorimanx kernel for make it work? There are 3 versions, v8 for stock roms, v9 and v10 for aosp/cm bases, it's possible to complie i think. But i can be wrong.
18th August 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #322  
Thanks Meter: 2,049

829 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I98

Hello,
I know that you have a kernel problem, but since the note 2 is xhdpi doesn't that mean that if the rom were bootable most things would be larger than they should be?As for the boot img I tried unpacking it but kept on getting errors.
Thanks

XHDPI resolution doesn't matter couse everything is scaled to DPI values (for S2 default 240), so everything should be OK.
For kernel - first must be a sure, which changes are needed in ramdisk side. Unpack Note 2 kernel (if u can), and unpack any S2 kernel for 4.4.X for initramfs (this script should do this: https://github.com/davidmroth/Extract-Kernel-Initramfs ).
Than you need to unpack boot.cpio (ramdisk) via command - cpio -id < ../boot.cpio , do a necessary changes and repack again to .cpio archive - find * | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../boot.cpio.gz
gzip -d boot.cpio.gz
And now you have initramfs for stock KitKat ROM, but you must now download any kernel source you want for I9100 and build kernel with: CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE=/directory to initramfs folder on your PC.
Everything you must do on Linux.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PolishVodka For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #323  
Flag Avellino
Thanks Meter: 82

91 posts
Hi to all, I have a suggestion to overcome the problem of the boot. Since a while I'm working on a port of 4.2.2 of S2 plus through the insertion of missing methods, classes, and even libraries in the framework folder. For now I managed to bring: TwLauncher, AccuweatherWidget, Calculator, JobManager, MusicPlayer and ecc. . The suggestion is to take a rom 4.4.2 aosp or other and insert the file twframework.jar and twframework-res.apk in framework file. I noticed that the twframework does not need to be declared in the boot, but you must enter a touchwiz.xml file in the folder /system/etc/permissions/ . With this system you can install apps of S5 that require TouchWiz library.
I now do not have time to make this attempt, but if someone wants to can try my idea and let me know if it works.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gerryS2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #324  
Thanks Meter: 185

245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryS2

Hi to all, I have a suggestion to overcome the problem of the boot. Since a while I'm working on a port of 4.2.2 of S2 plus through the insertion of missing methods, classes, and even libraries in the framework folder. For now I managed to bring: TwLauncher, AccuweatherWidget, Calculator, JobManager, MusicPlayer and ecc. . The suggestion is to take a rom 4.4.2 aosp or other and insert the file twframework.jar and twframework-res.apk in framework file. I noticed that the twframework does not need to be declared in the boot, but you must enter a touchwiz.xml file in the folder /system/etc/permissions/ . With this system you can install apps of S5 that require TouchWiz library.
I now do not have time to make this attempt, but if someone wants to can try my idea and let me know if it works.

Hello
The boot.img has to be unpacked and modified in order to run properly, but the problem is the boot.img is hard to unpack and I don't know how to do so, if we manage to unpack it,it will be the last step in porting.
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #325  
Thanks Meter: 15

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I98

Hello
The boot.img has to be unpacked and modified in order to run properly, but the problem is the boot.img is hard to unpack and I don't know how to do so, if we manage to unpack it,it will be the last step in porting.
Thanks

Why do you try to unpack boot.img instead of build kernel from scratch. You can build i.e dorimanx kernel and it would be much easier to do than unpack just boot.img. Tried to build Gustavos but there is a problem with initramfs and you get bootloop on it. Why don't you ask Cybernetus or computoncio for help. They build dorimanx kernel so it wouldn't be problem for them to make few modifications to it and build it for us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kris_l For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #326  
Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 15

116 posts
More
is this project dead??
15th September 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #327  
Flag Shebin El-Koum
Thanks Meter: 441

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun4545

is this project dead??

Probably..... :/
22nd November 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #328  
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 946

1,902 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its sad to see that this project has been discontinued. I was hoping that someone would succeed - so that I could use their work and get it to work on my i9070.. Anyways, I was thinking why jump straight to KitKat, when we can work on 4.2.2 instead? S2 Plus (i9105) got it but i9100 and i9070 didn't. Yes, there is a lot of difference (in terms of specs/hardware) but there's a good chance that we can port it. So if anyone has the knowledge and time, can you please work on it? (no pressure, just a small request)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-loss-t2861588
22nd November 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #329  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 30

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Kabir

Its sad to see that this project has been discontinued. I was hoping that someone would succeed - so that I could use their work and get it to work on my i9070.. Anyways, I was thinking why jump straight to KitKat, when we can work on 4.2.2 instead? S2 Plus (i9105) got it but i9100 and i9070 didn't. Yes, there is a lot of difference (in terms of specs/hardware) but there's a good chance that we can port it. So if anyone has the knowledge and time, can you please work on it? (no pressure, just a small request)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-loss-t2861588

bro android L is ported to i9100.But it is in beta stage so most of the things are not working

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sid lakra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #330  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 486

408 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Kabir

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2-plus/development/rom-stock-prerooted-firmwares-o-loss-t2861588

This project is discontinued becouse of the impossible kernel porting(and touchwiz integration) ) the farest we got was 'showing bootanim'. But I'm looking forward in seeing daily driver Android L in 1-2 weeks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caproid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread