[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked I9100G

Tip us?

Phistachio
Old
Recognised Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by triobot View Post
TBH i prefer using Toxic Rom to get out of a pickle.
ODIN or not, when recovering from a soft brick, it's always better to go stock. It's safer and that can prevent discrepancies between ROMs.

Plus, that's a I9100 ROM, this is the I9100G guide
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXDME6 / CM11 4.4 KitKat | XXDME4 Modem | NEAK 2.2 | TWRP 2.6.3.0

Soft bricked/unflashable phone? Check out my Recovery Guide! N7100 and I9100

maui75
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Odin 1.85 will recognize the phone if it is soft bricked too.
To be updated and have available the original firmware that i want, I verify with "checkfusdownloader". Furthermore, it is faster and easyer than Kies.
It will download the whole files to write with ODIN...

Phistachio
Old
Thanks Meter 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui75 View Post
Odin 1.85 will recognize the phone if it is soft bricked too.
To be updated and have available the original firmware that i want, I verify with "checkfusdownloader". Furthermore, it is faster and easyer than Kies.
It will download the whole files to write with ODIN...
Interesting... But does it include a 3-file package, or is it only a 1-file package?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXDME6 / CM11 4.4 KitKat | XXDME4 Modem | NEAK 2.2 | TWRP 2.6.3.0

maui75
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio View Post
Interesting... But does it include a 3-file package, or is it only a 1-file package?
...In my case it is only one file .tar.md5

Phistachio
Old
Thanks Meter 987
Quote:
...In my case it is only one file .tar.md5
There we go It's better to flash a 3 part, since sometimes in a soft brick, a single files doesn't pass, but a 3 file pack will.

maui75
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
There we go It's better to flash a 3 part, since sometimes in a soft brick, a single files doesn't pass, but a 3 file pack will.

I agree with you and in special way for soft brick due to the wrong firmware.
I wish to add the link for all the file ( PIT, PDA, MODEM, CSC, BOOTLOADER, APBOOT) of i9100G CHN KH4, it is a little old but good to repair the chn version.
ht * tp:/ /115.com/file/dnecfzp4
To download the file push the green button... in the begin I had some problem to find all the file for the chn version.... hope will be helpfull
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maui75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phistachio
Old
Thanks Meter 987
Quote:
I agree with you and in special way for soft brick due to the wrong firmware.
I wish to add the link for all the file ( PIT, PDA, MODEM, CSC, BOOTLOADER, APBOOT) of i9100G CHN KH4, it is a little old but good to repair the chn version.
ht * tp:/ /115.com/file/dnecfzp4
To download the file push the green button... in the begin I had some problem to find all the file for the chn version.... hope will be helpfull
Oh wow, thanks a LOT! I was looking for the .PIT and the bootloader since always! I'll download the file and upload it to mediafire to facilitate (but that'll only be up when I get home, I'm at school at the moment )

Also, when my laptop arrives, I'll download each package, and add the .PIT so people can have a full recovery (the bootloader will be in a separate download)

The Following User Says Thank You to Phistachio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maui75
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Oh wow, thanks a LOT! I was looking for the .PIT and the bootloader since always! I'll download the file and upload it to mediafire to facilitate (but that'll only be up when I get home, I'm at school at the moment )

Also, when my laptop arrives, I'll download each package, and add the .PIT so people can have a full recovery (the bootloader will be in a separate download)
Great idea...I can not do it, here mediafire does not work
In the begin I did not know the difference from the 9100G and the 9100 so I flashed the wrong rom to root I drived crazy to find the link
Now will be better

Phistachio
Old
Thanks Meter 987
Quote:
Great idea...I can not do it, here mediafire does not work
In the begin I did not know the difference from the 9100G and the 9100 so I flashed the wrong rom to root I drived crazy to find the link
Now will be better
No problem! You already helped me like so much! Thanks a lot again!

It will be better indeed

lorinkundert
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default i9100G ROMS seem to all have different pit files

I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?