FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked I9100G

4th May 2012, 02:45 PM |#21  
Member
Flag Shanghai, VERONA
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinkundert

I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?


Did you try with ODIN, keeping flagged the re-partition option?
 
 
4th May 2012, 02:56 PM |#22  
Phistachio's Avatar
OP Recognised Contributor
Flag Madeira, PT
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui75

Did you try with ODIN, keeping flagged the re-partition option?

He's actually the 2nd person to have that issue... It tends to make me believe that Chinese phones have some sort of restriction on flashing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinkundert

I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?

The .PITs are not different. I believe what's different is the hardware itself. Even though both are I9100G, the Chinese phones seem to have some sort of restriction...

Also, maui, I'm going to upload the files at around 22PM GMT, they'll be up at that time
9th May 2012, 01:18 AM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks
You really helped me there, I'm so mad I got this phone instead of i9100 model at least I fixed though so thanks alot.
9th May 2012, 10:46 AM |#24  
i9100g user's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 289
 
More
Talking you are lucky!
Quote:

I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?

ics update(leaked version) is out for china model search it on google and there will be a guide and a download link,it works only for china version,you can look at it :

http://androidadvices.com/update-gal...rmware-update/

i was not able to flash because i am not having my pc :<
you guys give a try but only those can give a try who own china version
once i get my pc i can try to get ics update for normal version too and would write a guide,but if i get it ,HP seriously sucks
Last edited by i9100g user; 9th May 2012 at 04:11 PM.
9th May 2012, 03:43 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Flag wuhan,hubei
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Very good and useful guide!
10th May 2012, 10:38 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
i9100G ROMS seem to all have different pit files
Got past that by going back to Chinese stock, then flashing the Supertamos Kernel and ROM, maybe it is some kind of flag that Odin picks up from the Chinese ROM. No biggie just one big pain in the ###
12th May 2012, 12:50 PM |#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
plz help stuck in boot cant get into recovery or download mood
i was trying to root my 19100g and after it flashes the new kernel which i think is not compatible with my phone it didn't boot and stuck in start screen with the yellow triangle and i cant get into recovery mood or download mood no matter i did plz help me plz
12th May 2012, 01:10 PM |#28  
Phistachio's Avatar
OP Recognised Contributor
Flag Madeira, PT
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibasha

i was trying to root my 19100g and after it flashes the new kernel which i think is not compatible with my phone it didn't boot and stuck in start screen with the yellow triangle and i cant get into recovery mood or download mood no matter i did plz help me plz

It doesn't boot into download mode at all?

The only solution now is a JTAG...
12th May 2012, 01:19 PM |#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
help me on JTAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio

It doesn't boot into download mode at all?

The only solution now is a JTAG...

i am not able to go to download mood or recovery can u tell me plz how can i use JTAG to reboot my phone thanks for ur concern
12th May 2012, 01:25 PM |#30  
Phistachio's Avatar
OP Recognised Contributor
Flag Madeira, PT
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibasha

i am not able to go to download mood or recovery can u tell me plz how can i use JTAG to reboot my phone thanks for ur concern

Well... Go to this website : www.mobiletechvideos.com and see if they JTAG the G variant of the I9100...
The Following User Says Thank You to Phistachio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes