Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 46,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked I9100G

Tip us?

maui75
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinkundert View Post
I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?

Did you try with ODIN, keeping flagged the re-partition option?

Phistachio
Old
Recognised Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui75 View Post
Did you try with ODIN, keeping flagged the re-partition option?
He's actually the 2nd person to have that issue... It tends to make me believe that Chinese phones have some sort of restriction on flashing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinkundert View Post
I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?
The .PITs are not different. I believe what's different is the hardware itself. Even though both are I9100G, the Chinese phones seem to have some sort of restriction...

Also, maui, I'm going to upload the files at around 22PM GMT, they'll be up at that time
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXDME6 / CM11 4.4 KitKat | XXDME4 Modem | NEAK 2.2 | TWRP 2.6.3.0

Soft bricked/unflashable phone? Check out my Recovery Guide! N7100 and I9100

alshumary313
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

You really helped me there, I'm so mad I got this phone instead of i9100 model at least I fixed though so thanks alot.

i9100g user
Old
(Last edited by i9100g user; 9th May 2012 at 04:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 270
Talking you are lucky!

Quote:
ics update(leaked version) is out for china model search it on google and there will be a guide and a download link,it works only for china version,you can look at it :

http://androidadvices.com/update-gal...rmware-update/

i was not able to flash because i am not having my pc :<
you guys give a try but only those can give a try who own china version
once i get my pc i can try to get ics update for normal version too and would write a guide,but if i get it ,HP seriously sucks

thymeseed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very good and useful guide!

lorinkundert
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default i9100G ROMS seem to all have different pit files

Got past that by going back to Chinese stock, then flashing the Supertamos Kernel and ROM, maybe it is some kind of flag that Odin picks up from the Chinese ROM. No biggie just one big pain in the ###

malibasha
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default plz help stuck in boot cant get into recovery or download mood

i was trying to root my 19100g and after it flashes the new kernel which i think is not compatible with my phone it didn't boot and stuck in start screen with the yellow triangle and i cant get into recovery mood or download mood no matter i did plz help me plz

Phistachio
Old
Thanks Meter 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibasha View Post
i was trying to root my 19100g and after it flashes the new kernel which i think is not compatible with my phone it didn't boot and stuck in start screen with the yellow triangle and i cant get into recovery mood or download mood no matter i did plz help me plz
It doesn't boot into download mode at all?

The only solution now is a JTAG...
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXDME6 / CM11 4.4 KitKat | XXDME4 Modem | NEAK 2.2 | TWRP 2.6.3.0

malibasha
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default help me on JTAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio View Post
It doesn't boot into download mode at all?

The only solution now is a JTAG...
i am not able to go to download mood or recovery can u tell me plz how can i use JTAG to reboot my phone thanks for ur concern

Phistachio
Old
Thanks Meter 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibasha View Post
i am not able to go to download mood or recovery can u tell me plz how can i use JTAG to reboot my phone thanks for ur concern
Well... Go to this website : www.mobiletechvideos.com and see if they JTAG the G variant of the I9100...

The Following User Says Thank You to Phistachio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]