Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][GB][I9100G][01-05-2012]superatmos kernel v3.3.. **THE LAST ONE**

Tip us?

fauzi_91
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeyie View Post
i never root my sgs2 G yet .. if i want to root can i straight flash superatmos latest kernel by using odin ?
Yes u can..any rooted kernel should work..

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Phone Owned : LG Nexus 4 / Galaxy S2 i9100G / HTC Wildfire
Dropbox : share
Twitter : fauzishari

keeyie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
juz gt the yellow triangle izit ? aww .. thx for the information ..

ronhoover88
Old
Thanks Meter 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeyie View Post
juz gt the yellow triangle izit ? aww .. thx for the information ..
You will get the yellow triangle...you can remove it by using a usb jig...you can look for a thread which says usb jig for help on this...

Nimda.E
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've rooted my phone with superatmos 3.0 (XXLA1) and have the STOCK ROM.

I've got three questions.

Update:
- Can I update my phone by using KIES or do I have to use odin always that for?
- When ICS 4.x is official for download, can I update it too by using KIES or Odin or is it maybe required to wait for a new superatmoskernel, which is by the way the best of all ?

For my understanding:
Is the Firmware in the Kernel embedded or is it otherwise stored on another partition of the SGS2? My currently knowledge of the partitions of the SGS2 is just Kernel and ROM.

Big thanks for all of your help!

With my best,
Nimda.E

Geekeek
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default I9100G with XWLC2

Hi all,

I9100g user in India with a DDKL1 baseband and XWLC2 build. Just a few questions if anyone could help.

Will the latest version (3.0) of kernerl work on this?

One more question, can I downgrade this to DZKJ2 firmware without bricking? That is of another country, as far as I read. I'm asking because I want to flash using doomlord ergo not increasing binary count or yellow triangle(?)

Thanks in advance for the help!

rascal123
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_5ruz View Post
hi mate.what i did before is i root my g version with doomlord. after that i flash the superatmos kernel. does this gonna cause my problem? i tried to load the kernel again but the same problem still happen.

my kernel version was a bit weird: 2.6.35.7 or something like that. even my firmware didn't say XXLA1 after i flash the latest superatmos kernel. it is still DZKJ2

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

hi mate.what i did before is i root my g version with doomlord. after that i flash the superatmos kernel. does this gonna cause my problem? i tried to load the kernel again but the same problem still happen.

my kernel version was a bit weird: 2.6.35.7 or something like that. even my firmware didn't say XXLA1 after i flash the latest superatmos kernel. it is still DZKJ2
Flashing a kernel will not upgrade ur firmware..dats why it still dzkj2..u have to flash a rom if wanna upgrade from dzkj2..2.6.35.7 is the right kernel version of superatmos kernel 2.1.1, 3.0, 3.1 so far..

Sent from my GT-I9100G

tutring
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

just wanted to ask if there are any news on a superatmos kernel version based on the latest XXLB1 version?

Thanks!

Rushuna
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhoover88 View Post
You will get the yellow triangle...you can remove it by using a usb jig...you can look for a thread which says usb jig for help on this...
Jis isnt required for removing the triangle is just resets the binary counter. After you have rooted you can download Ktool. Do a back up of the current kernel as a zImage and flash a stock kernel with odin. Then go back into Ktool and restore the backed up rooted kernel. And you will have root but the yellow triangle is gone.

korean-galaxys2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks!

Sent from my SHW-M250S using XDA

alex_5ruz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal123 View Post
Flashing a kernel will not upgrade ur firmware..dats why it still dzkj2..u have to flash a rom if wanna upgrade from dzkj2..2.6.35.7 is the right kernel version of superatmos kernel 2.1.1, 3.0, 3.1 so far..

Sent from my GT-I9100G
thanks mate. i always confuse with the firmware version and kernel version. actually i did remove the yellow triangle from my phone by using USB jig. but i did flash the old bootloader first before usie the jig.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushuna View Post
Jis isnt required for removing the triangle is just resets the binary counter. After you have rooted you can download Ktool. Do a back up of the current kernel as a zImage and flash a stock kernel with odin. Then go back into Ktool and restore the backed up rooted kernel. And you will have root but the yellow triangle is gone.
or you can try this mate:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2068824/+2740

check my post #2752

i tried to use ktool before to remove the yellow triangle but failed. so i bought the usb jig and follow the instructions and the YT is gone.