FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Mod][How-To] Custom Boot Logo on I9100G

469 posts
Thanks Meter: 54
 
By tarekkkkk, Senior Member on 2nd August 2012, 10:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
YOU MIGHT SUPER BRICK YOUR SIIG BE CAREFUL!!!!

Screenshots/video:



Image 1

Image 2

All thanks to connexxion2005.
If you bricked your device, its all your fault....

Prerequisites:

1- ICS - 5.5.0.4 (recovery + Kernel)

2- Divine is recommended or any stock firmware but must be rooted!!!!.

Instructions:

1- Flash SGS2G_custom_param_lfs.tar using odin (PDA)

2- Make sure your debug is enabled in your settings

3- Reconnect your device to your pc

4- Right click on SGS2G_BootScreen.bat run as Admin

5- Follow instructions

6- Reboot

Note: Images must be 480 x 800 and UNDER 100 kB.

Tested and works fine, after that you can flash whatever kernel/rom you were using. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_213356.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	1237817   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_213423.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	1237827  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Boot_Screen_SGS2G.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.25 MB, 208 views)
Last edited by tarekkkkk; 4th August 2012 at 04:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tarekkkkk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
2nd August 2012, 12:16 PM |#2  
ICS_XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf Village
Thanks Meter: 13,259
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekkkkk

Dears,

All thanks to connexxion2005.

If you bricked your device, its all your fault....

Prerequisites:

1- ICS - 5.5.0.4 (recovery + Kernel)

2- Divine is recommended or any stock firmware but must be rooted!!!!.

Instructions:

1- Flash SGS2G_custom_param_lfs.tar using odin (PDA)

2- Make sure your debug is enabled in your settings

3- Reconnect your device to your pc

4- Right click on SGS2G_BootScreen.bat run as Admin

5- Follow instructions

6- Reboot

Note: Images must be 480 x 800 and UNDER 100 kB.

Tested and works fine, after that you can flash whatever kernel/rom you were using. Enjoy.

lemme Chk
The Following User Says Thank You to ICS_XD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2012, 01:09 PM |#3  
vincent47me's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
Donate to Me
More
how about cm10 with boot sound?
2nd August 2012, 01:40 PM |#4  
ICS_XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf Village
Thanks Meter: 13,259
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent47me

how about cm10 with boot sound?

totally diff thing
2nd August 2012, 05:07 PM |#5  
tarekkkkk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS_XD

lemme Chk

Waiting for feedback from exp user, but none the less it should work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent47me

how about cm10 with boot sound?

Its a boot logo screen not a bootanimation, the one that starts with i 9100G yea that one, this mod will allow you to change it.
2nd August 2012, 05:37 PM |#6  
ICS_XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf Village
Thanks Meter: 13,259
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekkkkk

Waiting for feedback from exp user, but none the less it should work



Its a boot logo screen not a bootanimation, the one that starts with i 9100G yea that one, this mod will allow you to change it.

its a hard thing like using triangle away on our phone so think hard before doing this :P brick means supr brick :P sorry but this is true
2nd August 2012, 05:38 PM |#7  
tarekkkkk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS_XD

its a hard thing like using triangle away on our phone so think hard before doing this :P brick means supr brick :P sorry but this is true

i know but i'm only sharing this because it worked with me, if it didn't i wouldn't post it
2nd August 2012, 05:42 PM |#8  
ICS_XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf Village
Thanks Meter: 13,259
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekkkkk

i know but i'm only sharing this because it worked with me, if it didn't i wouldn't post it


mention a super brick in OP please
2nd August 2012, 06:02 PM |#9  
tarekkkkk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS_XD

mention a super brick in OP please

Done , i see your afraid to try it
2nd August 2012, 06:04 PM |#10  
ICS_XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf Village
Thanks Meter: 13,259
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekkkkk

Done , i see your afraid to try it

i dont want to kill my s2 bcz i want to give you more roms
2nd August 2012, 07:08 PM |#11  
vincent47me's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
Donate to Me
More
ohhh i read it before like boot animation lol
so its actually the logo

for now im satisfied with my boot logo

i will do this if im ready to brick or dumb my s2g haha

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot logo i9100g
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes