[PORT][I9100G] Ubuntu Touch Beta 13.04 ~ 26.04.2013

Search This thread

Skolotaie

Feb 16, 2011
Herborn
I might Dig out a Old Thread here but....

Are there any Dev's who still work on Ubuntu For the I9100g?

:good:
Or even Firefox OS :D

Last edited:

Black_Prince

Jul 18, 2012
Actually one dev is trying to work on ubuntu. He pmed me for compilation error. Dont know if he got succeded or not. I cant work untill i get a stable job. I have only this device which i use for official purpose so cant format. I will make come back as soon as i good job.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because he was too lazy to change the filename :D Is WiFi working? Did you fixed the screen resolution file?

Could you share your sources please? Would be interesting why my kernel for Ubuntu is panicing

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

Then why isn´t it working for me, ****!
    And I was just interested how you solved the screen resolution problem as it seemed like you´re using only one file (at first impression)

Wohoo solved the screen res issue!!!

After installing cm-10.1-20130422-UNOFFICIAL-i9100g.zip & quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip, do following steps:

1) Download the GT-I9100G.conf file. http://www.mediafire.com/view/?h648ftkxcd2b0y4
    2) Connect your phone via USB and open Terminal on your PC.
    3) On Terminal run following codes:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb push where/is/your/GT-I9100G.conf /data/ubuntu/etc/ubuntu-session.d
    That will copy that conf file to your phone.
    4)Restart your phone and enjoy the magic :)

BTW this conf file can be appended to the "quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip" but I couldn't because of a problem on my Archive Manager. You can add the file under /binary/casper/filesystem.dir/etc/ubuntu-session.d/ directory inside the tarball then flash it. So, resolution problem would be solved inside the image :)
    Re: [PORT][I9100G] Ubuntu Phone OS

how to install this rom?

Did you read the opening post? The instructions there are pretty clear. And if you took the time to read the mere 7 pages of discussion on this thread (which you should always do before flashing anything on your phone) you will see that it has also already been explained very clearly there. If you still don't understand, then you probably shouldn't be flashing something that is a developer preview and should start with something more stable like CM.

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Xylon / Slim Bean / Baked Black Bean, depending on the day ;)
    Re: [PORT][I9100G] Ubuntu Phone OS

What happened with Ubuntu Os?
    There's no news?

If you look at some of fuss' other threads you will see that he's been really busy with exams and real life. Ubuntu probably is low on his list of Android priorities because he's also working on updating his kernel with new sources.

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Xylon / Slim Bean / Baked Black Bean, depending on the day ;)
    Actually one dev is trying to work on ubuntu. He pmed me for compilation error. Dont know if he got succeded or not. I cant work untill i get a stable job. I have only this device which i use for official purpose so cant format. I will make come back as soon as i good job.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Because he was too lazy to change the filename :D Is WiFi working? Did you fixed the screen resolution file?

Could you share your sources please? Would be interesting why my kernel for Ubuntu is panicing

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

Fuss that's your code already LOL. I ve got it from you git and haven't done anything extra. Just builded it and tried with an older image (March 24 i guess). So, WiFi doesn't work and I'm not sure even call&sms working. I had to get back to my Android immediatly, couldn't test it.

I haven't tried with an up-to-date image. Gonna try now, downloading... :)

About screen resolution: afterflash does that already (or that's what I thought, i dunno it just works :D ) . Plus, you can check this Ubuntu i9100 thread for screen res thing: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2188621

I'm just really new at this, don't ask me too much because I may not be able to answer :p

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

GRID_UNIT_PX=12
    QTWEBKIT_DPR=1.2
    FORM_FACTOR="phone"

I think that's it. That should work.