I never flashed gapps after any new update. Every new update without wiping only flash update - works fine for me.
I have some soundproblems i can only fix by not using my sd-card. When i listen to music i have sound distortions and gaps. Some background information:
1. I wiped with Blazing v16 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=626
2. I tried Stock 4.1.2 ROM and could play music from internal memory and external sd-card without any problems.
3. I tried all combinations of CM M8, M9 and some Nightlys, with (and without) CM-gapps or minimal gapps from BaNkS, with sd-card i have massive sound problems when playing from external sd-card, "some" (like 2-3 interruptions per minute) when playing music from internal memory.
4. Same as 3. only removed my sd-card i have near to no sound problems at all. I only had one little gap when an app was installed.
5. I tried the same with OmniROM and had the same problems.
6. My sd-card: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
7. I tried several player: Apollo, Poweramp, PlayerPro Music Player, MX Player. Same problem with all players.
So far my ideas to fix it are not to use my sd-card or buy a new one and hope that I'd have no problems with it. As i have no cash cow I'm stuck with using no sd-card and that sucks
As my sd-card works with the Stock ROM and I didn't have those problems on CM 10.1 IIRC I wanted to ask if someone has another idea.
Why not looking here, so difficult to find?
I could not reply in your post because I do not have permission and I have the same issue with my galaxy s 2 i9100g . you can try neutron player or even BSplayer ( its mainly for playing video format ) if you are in CM 11.
in old stable version of cm ( 10.3 ) poweramp was do the job and there is no audio skips.