5,596,637 Members 42,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you run CyanogenMod on your I9100G?
Yes, can't wait! 1,557 94.54%
No, there's no need for it. 90 5.46%
Voters: 1647. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][GT-I9100G][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds! [>60FPS][ROCK-SOLID]

Tip us?
 
unichem
Old
#341  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 84
Join Date: Dec 2011
then u should buy one..its very cheap..or u can make ur own..guide can be found at youtube
 
rascal123
Old
#342  
rascal123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 391
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: kl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbuh View Post
I followed first post to install CWM it went ok, but now I have the Yellow triangle...

what should I do to remove it? I dont have a USB JIG...
u can try follow this step to remove the yellow triangle

Assuming you have already rooted with any rooted kernel
> Run “hcktool”. (downloadable via play store)
> Tap "Dump current kernel" Tap "Reboot to Download Mode"
> When in Download Mode, start Odin, connect the phone and flash any stock Samsung kernel Phone will reboot itself after that.
>Run “ktool” again Tap "Flash kernel from /sdcard/zImage" Tap "Reboot"
The Following User Says Thank You to rascal123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JROppenheimer
Old
(Last edited by JROppenheimer; 13th April 2012 at 08:14 AM.) Reason: typos
#343  
JROppenheimer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 231
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Default Kickstarter

Hey y'all.

Yesterday I got a SG S2G. I have a HD2 and totally love flashing it, so I immediately started reading ... and got a little dissapointed when I saw the differences between S2 and S2G (considering the flashing options).

I am very glad to see, that there is someone wanting solve the problem. But as there is so few effort to deveolping for the S2G I had an idea:
I was always a friend of donating. But as people can't see, how mus has been donated, I tought maybe we should start a kickstarter project, as kind of a bounty on developing Custom Roms for the s2g. I think code himself would really appriciate, if he got some thing back (more than a thank you). Now imagine the following. I would donate at least 20 bucks, wich isn't much, but a custom rom is worth MUCH more (think of the possibilities, if there finally is ONE Custom ROM - other ones will pop out of the ground like mushrooms). If, let's say 150 people were willing to donate 20 bucks, we would hit 3000 in no time. Considering China, Middle East, and all the other places where people find them selves with the S2G, I don't think anyone would even have to donate as much as 20 bucks to raise much more!

As my coding qualities are poor, but I am willing to pay gifted dudes for working hard, this would be my way. What do y'all think?

Greetz
JR
 
ronhoover88
Old
#344  
ronhoover88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 540
Posts: 2,052
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
@JR completely agree...which part of the world are you from? Is the G model sold all over the world now?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA
 
JROppenheimer
Old
(Last edited by JROppenheimer; 13th April 2012 at 09:22 AM.) Reason: more info
#345  
JROppenheimer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 231
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhoover88 View Post
@JR completely agree...which part of the world are you from? Is the G model sold all over the world now?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA
Hey.

I am from Germany. You were able to get the "normal" SGS2 here, but now some carriers don't even sell it anymore. The one mine is coming from does just sell the SGS2 G (why, I don't know). But there are several posts in this topic from china and from the middle east. So I guess it is being sold all over the world, with emphasis on some countries, where you can only get the g-model.

Greetz!
 
oldpistol
Old
#346  
oldpistol's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 26
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROppenheimer View Post
Hey.

I am from Germany. You were able to get the "normal" SGS2 here, but now some carriers don't even sell it anymore. The one mine is coming from does just sell the SGS2 G (why, I don't know). But there are several posts in this topic from china and from the middle east. So I guess it is being sold all over the world, with emphasis on some countries, where you can only get the g-model.

Greetz!
G for Global...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA
 
calvenyow
Old
#347  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 282
Join Date: Jan 2011
Yeah, i support you!!!
 
zbuh
Old
#348  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal123 View Post
u can try follow this step to remove the yellow triangle

Assuming you have already rooted with any rooted kernel
> Run “hcktool”. (downloadable via play store)
> Tap "Dump current kernel" Tap "Reboot to Download Mode"
> When in Download Mode, start Odin, connect the phone and flash any stock Samsung kernel Phone will reboot itself after that.
>Run “ktool” again Tap "Flash kernel from /sdcard/zImage" Tap "Reboot"
Thanks.

Where can I get a Stock Kernel?
 
fauzi_91
Old
#349  
fauzi_91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 707
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: B.B.Bangi
Guys..please..this thread is for CyanogenMod project..the rest can ask/discuss in other thread or in Q&A section..please show some respect to codeworkx n dont disturb him with the unnecessary comment other than CyanogenMod project..

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Phone Owned : LG Nexus 4 / Galaxy S2 i9100G / HTC Wildfire
Dropbox : share
Twitter : fauzishari
 
Wayne1902
Old
#350  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2007
How long we have to wait? :) When it work, i will donate and not only a little bit ;)

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, galaxys2, i9100g, ics
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes