[ROM][4.1.2][I9100G] PARANOIDANDROID v2.54 [CM10HYBRID][BUILD FROM SOURCE]

Search This thread

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
4.2.1 AOSP based Paranoid is here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2132975
Tanks to Black_Prince for bringing it to us, it's time to close this thread until a new CMPA comes...

paranoid.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

More screenshots

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod
to me

paranoid_instructions.png

• Install Rom
  • Install Gapps
  • Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM10
  • CWM -> Advanced -> Fix Permissions (VERY IMPORTANT STEP)**

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

• FAQ & HELP - Read before asking!
  • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Check changelog

Last edited:

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
VERY Special thanks to all the donators!, you support me for making a better work each day!

http://goo.im/devs/quentin330

To update be carefull to follow the followig steps:
1) reboot in recovery
2) flash the update
3) flash gapps again
4) advanced/fix permissions
5) reboot

How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

Last edited:

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
Hey you sure you got siyah kernel for the g version?? ... I dont want to brick my phone!!!!
Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
Does this ROM use or have Siyah Kernel? What kernel is it using?

Hey you sure you got siyah kernel for the g version?? ... I dont want to brick my phone!!!!

Okay sorry for this, the siyah kernel is used by the I9100 rom but it's not used in this rom, I will delete this line right now (I copied from the original thread that's why it's written)
But I can garanty you won't brick your phone as I'm using this rom right now on my I9100G

Last edited:

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
Okay sorry for this, the siyah kernel is used by the I9100 rom but it's not used in this rom, I will delete this line right now (I copied from the original thread that's why it's written)
But I can guaranty you won't brick your phone as I'm using this rom right now on my I9100G

You really got me shocked for the siyah kernel.... God I was excited... Well otherwise thanks for porting.... :)

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
One more thing.... How can you port I9100 cm9??? Your cm9 links lead to it.... Which cm9 have you used as base???

DerTimmay

Feb 23, 2012
On CM9 my SGS2G is not able to play sound (Music or speech commands of my navigation app) properly while GPS is searching a signal. It is always interupting. Could someone please check if this issue is fixed on this ROM?

pooyab

Dec 3, 2009
Rasht
I'm happy to see this for our G! thanks! downloading right now and will give a feedback asap...
hope everything goes well

walauu

Apr 7, 2012
Hello, thank you for porting the ROM. Before I do this, just to double confirm, IF I am currently using CM9, do I still have to do factory reset? Or straight flashing over CM9 without factory reset will do? Once again, thank you so much. =)

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello, thank you for porting the ROM. Before I do this, just to double confirm, IF I am currently using CM9, do I still have to do factory reset? Or straight flashing over CM9 without factory reset will do? Once again, thank you so much. =)
It's best if you do factory reset after flashing a new rom to avoid complications.

OT : I'll be testing this thoroughly and will report bugs for you.

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
Review (Screenshots)

Well this rom is all about the looks... so here are a few..

My current Settings:

System dpi : Custom dpi: 160dpi
Statusbar dpi : Custom dpi : 150dpi

Google Playstore:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-10-57-14.png

Youtube:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-10-58-17.png

Default Camera:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-02-19.png

Contacts:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-00-19.png

Settings:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-04-15.png

Default Calender:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-05-20.png

Default Dialer:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-06-09.png

App Drawer(Nova Launcher):
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-03-41.png

Default Calculator:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-01-04.png

Poweramp:
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-09-01.png

Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-07-57.png

Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-07-05.png

Bugs/Cons:

Default Browser(Different from the preview in OP):
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-01-13.png

Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-03-57.png

Settings (Different from the preview in OP):
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-04-20.png

"Mainly"
:(:( (No sense Recents and statusbar Transperency)

Recent Apps(Long press of home menu)(Different from the preview in OP):
Screenshot_2012-06-23-11-00-46.png

To the dev:

Excellent work....Thanks a lott... Finally a tablet rom for the g version..
Did not find any major bugs...
Quite fast...but slower than cm9(Boot time)
Custom dpi settings for every app, status bar, system ui.
Can be used on daily basis.

Please see to the cons and try to change the appearences in the next update! :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G
Rom: Paranoid Android(Custom Dpi)
Kernel: Cm9 Kernel

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.2.1 AOSP based Paranoid is here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2132975
    Tanks to Black_Prince for bringing it to us, it's time to close this thread until a new CMPA comes...

paranoid.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

More screenshots

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod
    to me

paranoid_instructions.png

• Install Rom
    • Install Gapps
    • Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM10
    • CWM -> Advanced -> Fix Permissions (VERY IMPORTANT STEP)**

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

• FAQ & HELP - Read before asking!
    • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Check changelog
    VERY Special thanks to all the donators!, you support me for making a better work each day!

http://goo.im/devs/quentin330

To update be carefull to follow the followig steps:
    1) reboot in recovery
    2) flash the update
    3) flash gapps again
    4) advanced/fix permissions
    5) reboot

How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png
    As you may have read in the thread, Black_Prince is compiling AOSPA, if everything works, I'll leave him the development of this wonderfull ROM, so I'll have more time for university, for my other projects such as music ( http://www.youtube.com/user/quentinmenini ) and also trying to meet a girl that would be the new miss quentin330 =D
    I thank you for all the suport you gave me since my first port of PA, that was a good time =)
    ok guys i am the official maintainer for Galaxy s2
    i dont have time to manage another device (i9100G) so i ll leave you with quentin
    here is the repo me and bajee set up that fixes the errors with the official PA sources for non nexus devices use this to build
    https://github.com/PA-i9100
    you need to add the rest of i9100G
    2.16 is up on goo =)