My guide only cover:
- De-compile & compile of .apk
- changing the .png file inside .apk
- Modifying tricky .9.png file.
- Modifying .xml file.
- Zip Align the .apk
What you need:
- Your phone must be ROOT and DEODEXED.
- CWM pre-install recommended, you can simply get this function by installing superatmos / Lucifr kernel.
- 7-zip - for replacing file inside .apk
- JRE (Java Runtime Environment) - required to run the APKtool
- Android-SDK - must install before APKtool & Zipalign work.
- APKTool Download the apktool & also apktool-install-windows.
- Always remember make a backup for any .apk file you plan to change or amend.
- Recommended make a flash-able version of origin not amend .apk in-case something went wrong, you can always flash back the original file via CWM. Example if you did something wrong in your systemUI.apk (for statusbar) it will probably make your phone nearly impossible access any part due to unstop FC.