*** Disclamer *** THIS ROM IS FOR THE CANADIAN SGH-I757M ONLY... DO NOT FLASH IT ON ANOTHER DEVICE! By flashing this ROM, you are voiding your phones warranty (Unless you return it to complete stock which is possible, but beyond the scope of this thread). You also agree that I will in no way be held responsible in the event that your device becomes bricked (Not likely to happen). In addition, you are responsible to take the necessary backups of your apps, data, sms, contacts, calendar events, etc. If you agree, then please continue on ;)
The latest release is finally up. Build 20130831-1335. Released September 1, 2013. See the change log for changes in this build.
SlimBean is a ROM developed by the SlimRoms team. It's built on CM (which is derived from AOSP). In addition to being a minimalistic build (only about 120MB zip), it incorporates features found in CM, AOKP and Paranoid Android. Among the notable features are finer control over the aesthetics of the UI and performance tweaks scripts included for running at boot (universal init.d app from play store required).
* Data Usage
* BLN Notification
* init.d only supported via third party app Universal init.d from the market. Used for startup tweak scripts.
* We do not get voicemail notification and never have since our first custom Rom. There is a solution that is undocumented. I will try to contact the developers who are said to have applied this fix to see if I can get some insight into fixing this for our ROMs
* While in camera app, selecting:
Settings -> Restore Defaults -> Settings = Force Close
Restarting the app clears the issue.
* BLN does not turn on when screen is activated. Only after a 6 seconds timeout, and also works for BLN notification.
* init.d does not work. Use Universal init.d from the market to imitate this behavior to enable the startup tweaks.
* YouTube video overlay only works with hw overlays disabled (requires developer options to be on).
1) Download the Rom and Gapps
2) Enter CWM
3) TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
5) Format Cache
6) Advanced -> Format Dalvik Cache
7) Flash the ROM
8) Flash the Gapps
9) Reboot Phone
Build: 20130831-1335 (Latest)
ROM: Slim-3.1.0-i757m-20130831-1335-UNOFFICIAL.zip (89.6MB)
GAPPS: Gapps-Slim-3.1.0-i757m-20130831.zip (106.2MB)
* The download can now also be found here on XDA. Use the "Download" tab at the top of the page to access both direct download or torrent download of this ROM.
ROM: Slim-3.1.0-i757m-20130824-0545-UNOFFICIAL.zip (122MB)
GAPPS: Gapps-Slim-3.1.0-i757m-20130824.zip (83MB)
Checkout the second post fire some tips and tricks on setting up the ROM.
August 31, 2013 - Build 20130831-1335 * Rebuilt kernel to enable the necessary modules for Data Usage * Fixed Yahoo Weather API to enable weather on the lockscreen * Fixed MMS bug that wouldn't allow an MMS picture to be downloaded. (This may have broken the Group Messing feature implemented by SlimBean * Applied a fix to the media provider which should speed up initial media scanning by optimizing the calls to the sqlite db. This may also have a positive impact on battery usage, but would be very smalland missy likely unnoticeable * The random reboots seem to have been fixed by adding the data usage modules to the kernel. Let me know if this has not resolved the random reboots for you August 24, 2013 - Build 20130824-0545 *Initial release
To Be Added
* CyanogenMod Team - ROM Base * SlimRoms Team - ROM Without all of the hard work and efforts of the two teams mentioned above, this ROM would not be possible, so we owe them or thanks for providing us with such excellent ROMs. In addition, I have received a lot of help on my journey to understand and be able to develop for the android platform, so I owe the following people my thanks for helping me to make this ROM possible. * @dsixda - Initial port of CM9/CM10 for SGH-I757M * @Strange Peer - Continued development of CM10 * @rukusx7 - Contributor * @bijon440 - Contributor * @kj2112 - Contributor * @Tronith - Contributor * @Zippy Dufus - Contributor Thanks guys you've all been so awesome to work with ;) One last group of people to thank. It's YOU! Without all of you guys and girls who come to download our creations, there would be no reward for doing this. Thank you for downloading, providing feedback and being part of this small family. You are all appreciated ;)
UNOFFICIAL SlimBean JB 4.1.2 FOR Bell SGH-I757M, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: SGH-I757M
Based On: SlimBean
Last Updated 2013-11-29