Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Brazilian thread SGS2 i9100 (ROMs, CSC, PT-BR language, etc)

Tip us?
 
guedes_puc
Old
#631  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 59
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brasília/DF
Quote:
Originally Posted by rloriato View Post
Finished! Coooooool! Let me play for a while!
Can you post PDA, PHONE and CSC versions? And probably build date as well?
Type *#1234# and post results please.
 
slushodrinks
Old
#632  
slushodrinks's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
Just installed Vivo LP7, full wipe, full stock, no mods.
Rooted with Mobile Odin while flashing.
Everything is running great, much better than LP8 Frankenstein I was using before.
Can you give some examples?
 
rloriato
Old
#633  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by guedes_puc View Post
Can you post PDA, PHONE and CSC versions? And probably build date as well?
Type *#1234# and post results please.


I9100UHLPE, I9100UHLPE, I9100UUBLPE, 09/03/2012 13:49:34 (after update)
 
Tiu Fiu
Old
#634  
Tiu Fiu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 220
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rloriato View Post
I9100UHLPE, I9100UHLPE, I9100UUBLPE, 09/03/2012 13:49:34 (after update)
That's odd, that is the TTT (Trinidad & Tobago) firmware, way too old and not at all brazilian in its core...

Can't really tell why you were updated to that particular ROM, I mean, it's an outdated firmware and still full of early ICS bugs (we saw a lot of upgrades and bug fixes during March and April, and that particular ROM was one of the first ICS ROMs leaked, still a bit "green", "imature").

I would suggest you to revert back to UHLB2 (the best GB ROM for us brazilians and probably the last GB ROM from Samsung on the S2 worldwide) if you want to keep your S2 completelly stock or give it a try to any european ICS ROM - all ICS firmwares have PT-BR now - if you want to try ICS.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z2 D6543 (Brazilian DTV-LTE version)
ROM: Stock Sony 17.1.2.A.0.314 (D6503 DE 4.4.2)

Previous Devices:
- Sony Xperia ZQ (Brazilian C6503 ZL)
- Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100
 
rloriato
Old
#635  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiu Fiu View Post
That's odd, that is the TTT (Trinidad & Tobago) firmware, way too old and not at all brazilian in its core...

Can't really tell why you were updated to that particular ROM, I mean, it's an outdated firmware and still full of early ICS bugs (we saw a lot of upgrades and bug fixes during March and April, and that particular ROM was one of the first ICS ROMs leaked, still a bit "green", "imature").

I would suggest you to revert back to UHLB2 (the best GB ROM for us brazilians and probably the last GB ROM from Samsung on the S2 worldwide) if you want to keep your S2 completelly stock or give it a try to any european ICS ROM - all ICS firmwares have PT-BR now - if you want to try ICS.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Thanks for the advice, but I don't understand why I was offered this upgrade.

Besides... I tried some european firmwares and I didn't like them, mostly because they didn't handle the operator codes natively. I had a lot of problems dialing and recognizing incoming calls. Those problems began when I changed from Vivo to Tim.
 
Tiu Fiu
Old
(Last edited by Tiu Fiu; 11th May 2012 at 09:18 PM.)
#636  
Tiu Fiu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 220
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rloriato View Post
Thanks for the advice, but I don't understand why I was offered this upgrade.

Besides... I tried some european firmwares and I didn't like them, mostly because they didn't handle the operator codes natively. I had a lot of problems dialing and recognizing incoming calls. Those problems began when I changed from Vivo to Tim.
I would need some more details as for the problems you experienced, but a good call on this subject is an app called "Operadora DDD", that automatically changes the way a number is dialed and also automatically includes the operator's number when dialing (as when you have a number in the 0XX-XXXX-XXX or just XX-XXXX-XXXX form - i.e.- 011-1234-5678 or 11-1234-5678).

There is a side-effect on all ICS ROMs I've experienced so far is that when adding a new number to the contacts, instead of saving it as XXXX-XXXX, it saves it as XX XXXX-XX (but when you call a number in this format, it automatically changes to XXXXXXXX). This does not happen when you add a number with the area code (XX-XXXX-XXXX) - it is saved as it is.

My guess is that this is a native ICS thing and won't be changed in the brazilian ROMs - anybody with Vivo's LP7 can verify that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z2 D6543 (Brazilian DTV-LTE version)
ROM: Stock Sony 17.1.2.A.0.314 (D6503 DE 4.4.2)

Previous Devices:
- Sony Xperia ZQ (Brazilian C6503 ZL)
- Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100
 
MaKTaiL
Old
#637  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1130
Posts: 2,691
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brasília
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiu Fiu View Post
I would need some more details as for the problems you experienced, but a good call on this subject is an app called "Operadora DDD", that automatically changes the way a number is dialed and also automatically includes the operator's number when dialing (as when you have a number in the 0XX-XXXX-XXX or just XX-XXXX-XXXX form - i.e.- 011-1234-5678 or 11-1234-5678).

There is a side-effect on all ICS ROMs I've experienced so far is that when adding a new number to the contacts, instead of saving it as XXXX-XXXX, it saves it as XX XXXX-XX (but when you call a number in this format, it automatically changes to XXXXXXXX). This does not happen when you add a number with the area code (XX-XXXX-XXXX) - it is saved as it is.

My guess is that this is a native ICS thing and won't be changed in the brazilian ROMs - anybody with Vivo's LP7 can verify that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
I'm using Vivo LP7 full stock and they've fixed the numbers format on dialer. It now shows XXXXXXXX, no hyphens.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
 
guedes_puc
Old
#638  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 59
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brasília/DF
Phone format is handled by csc, so it makes sense format being different from vivo rom to the TTT one.

I use "Operadora DDD" and "Qual Operadora?" to handle my contacts and it works great for me.

My only concern about using european roms is that we loose Swype in Brazilian Portuguese. Do anyone have any experience with Swype in PT-PT?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
- XWLPI NeatRom Lite by salesale (big caller image, call recording, dialer with contacts and sms mods)
- XWLPI Jkay Deluxe ICS Nexus v14.1 Deodexed Framework & Deluxe Settings by _JKay_
 
Steve_max
Old
#639  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 302
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by guedes_puc View Post
My only concern about using european roms is that we loose Swype in Brazilian Portuguese. Do anyone have any experience with Swype in PT-PT?
You don't need to use PT-PT. Just remove Samsung's Swype and install the original Swype beta. You will have BR support, and constant updates.

Sent from my Nokia 3510 via telepathy
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_max For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
guedes_puc
Old
(Last edited by guedes_puc; 12th May 2012 at 10:33 AM.)
#640  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 59
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brasília/DF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_max View Post
You don't need to use PT-PT. Just remove Samsung's Swype and install the original Swype beta. You will have BR support, and constant updates.
I was sure there should be a way to do that but never really looked into it. So can I just uninstall Swype using titanium backup and push Swype beta or do I need to remove/do anything else? I'll try this with Frankenstein LP8 later this weekend.

Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
————
EDIT:
Nevermind, I tried to remove Swype and install Swype Beta as you said and got everything to work first time. It's really straight forward.
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
- XWLPI NeatRom Lite by salesale (big caller image, call recording, dialer with contacts and sms mods)
- XWLPI Jkay Deluxe ICS Nexus v14.1 Deodexed Framework & Deluxe Settings by _JKay_

Tags
always roaming, brazilian, i9100
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes