Can't connect to Kies on PC

Tip us?

mwatson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default Can't connect to Kies on PC

running windows7 64bit.

when i plug in the USB to my phone i only get the option to mount SD. I've tried looking for a USB mode under settings to ask what mode i need but can't find any options under settings.

so when my phone is connected to my pc i just get an error message from Kies saying phone not recognised.

any tips?

thanks

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Switch phone OFF .

Run Kies as admin

Start Kies when Kies loads connect USB cable Kies should now show on phone . Kies will then find phone .

That fails close Kies connect phone in USB mass storage mode let PC find drivers disconnect and fire Kies up again .

jje

XDA mark
Old
(Last edited by XDA mark; 22nd May 2011 at 06:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 464
Im not sure if what you said also aplies for my problem: I have Windows XP.

Yesterday I connected my SGS2 to my mother's laptop which runs Windows 7 and all, worked pretty good.

Today, I have been trying for about 5 hours to connect my phone to my PC. It runs Windows XP. I am now at the point that I start Kies (tried Dutch, then UK, now US version of Kies) and I plug in phone.

It says 'connecting' and doesn't stop. I have waited for 10 minutes and nothing. The device is in 'MTF mode' or something. On my moms Windows 7 laptop the computer starting doing things (installing drivers or something?) and that name quickly changed a few times, after which it worked with Kies. On my PC, nothing.

I have installed drivers trough Kies itself. I have searched till the edge of internetz.

I give up. Somebody please help me.

PS: I always have problems like this. Thats why I dont touch my PC so often. Everything that can be done in 20 minutes goes wrong with me and it takes me hours. Computers hate me.

Edit: I tried what is told here and it doesn't work -_-

Edit 2:... Im giving up. After trying all day (Sunday is boring anyway) to update my phone via Kies I give up. I will remain forever at the same software. If Kies ever decides to stop ignoring my phone, he can call me.
HTC ONE (M7) 32GB
ROM: ARHD v31 (4.3)

Galaxy S3 16GB + 32GB sdcard
ROM: ARHD v40 (4.3)

My theme's
Black Ops 2 theme
WP8 Metro theme
Mac OS theme
Other theme's including Assassin's Creed 3, Final Fantasy 7/8 & Metal Gear Solid

History: HTC HD2 -> HTC Desire -> Samsung Galaxy S II, Galaxy S III, HTC One.

Ahlin
Old
(Last edited by Ahlin; 22nd May 2011 at 08:31 PM.) Reason: Forgot to write one thing.
Thanks Meter 1
I have the exact same problem... I've Googled around and tried tons different suggestions, but none of them seems to work.... I'm going crazy!!!

Please update thread if any one of you find a solution!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rsibweza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had the same problem too. Have you tried removing the dubug mode for usb and try to connext to kies?. Worked for me

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

XDA mark
Old
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlin View Post
I have the exact same problem... I've Googled around and tried tons different suggestions, but none of them seems to work.... I'm going crazy!!!
Another victim of the dark side of Kies haha.. We need to gather more people and plan an attack on Kies.
HTC ONE (M7) 32GB

My theme's
Black Ops 2 theme
WP8 Metro theme
Mac OS theme
Other theme's including Assassin's Creed 3, Final Fantasy 7/8 & Metal Gear Solid

XDA mark
Old
(Last edited by XDA mark; 22nd May 2011 at 08:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibweza View Post
Had the same problem too. Have you tried removing the dubug mode for usb and try to connext to kies?. Worked for me

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
Off course. If I have the debug mode (usb connection) on Kies will say I have to switch to Kies PC Suite mode.

On the other hand, USB storage works. When I try to connect to Kies it says connecting for a long time and nothing happens or it stops.

One thing I have noticed is when I turned my sound on it was like the connection between my phone and the PC kept going on and off once in a while. I have really no idea what is going on, but since I have spend almost an entire Sunday trying to make it work and havnt succeded I believe its not a standard problem (and I am no idiot, nor am I a l33t haxor)

Anyway, I will just wait. I mean that update isnt THAT important, it just bugs me I cant make it work lol

Oh, and I have tried different USB ports, just in case that one was broken.
HTC ONE (M7) 32GB

My theme's
Black Ops 2 theme
WP8 Metro theme
Mac OS theme

Zakir.Umar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am also having problems, with Kies via WiFi. It connects and everything, even displays the content on my phone on my laptop screen in the Kies window, however when i click upload (a photo for example) the documents box and folders inside display all silver and when i open a folder with photos inside, no photos appear.

I am rooted on KE7. Funnily, it worked this morning...so i don't know what's happened since then

I am a newbie, so please be a bit simple in your reply.

Thanks

Ahlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nothing new yet guys? I really want to be able to flash and root my phone now!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

stoney73
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Just a question, but are you using the touchwiz launcher? Or have you installed a third party launchet(adw/launcherpro/etc)?

Kies will only connect to touchwiz/samsung launcher.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App
Download link to Random Android Stuff @ my Google Drive

[[COLOR="Black"]B]N97(sold) - Htc Hero (sold) - Dell Streak (sold) - Samsung Tab(sold) - Samsung Galaxy S2(Sold) - Acer A500(sold) - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510(sold)[/B]Samsung N7000(galaxy Note)([COLOR="DarkRed"]Sold) Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100