Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't connect to Kies on PC

Tip us?

Bart1981
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Same problems with Kies here. It just stays on 'connecting'. Strange thing is, it worked for a short time, but after that, I never got it to work again...

andrej.marinic
Old
Thanks Meter 9
kies is one of the worst programs ever. alone the fact that it states a dual-core processor as a requirement let's you think twice before actually using it.

odin should be your best friend from now on.

Bart1981
Old
(Last edited by Bart1981; 24th May 2011 at 10:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Wow it's amazing! I've got it working again (Win7 64)!!!
My problem was, like many others, within kies, it just stayed on connecting. Nothing else happened. Now I got it working again.

This is what I did...
1) First I removed the Samsung Kies USB Drivers (start, control panel, programs and features)
2) After removing the Samsung Kies Drivers, I removed Samsung Kies.
3) After I removed Samsung Kies I shut down my computer, and after that rebooted it again (I know a simple reboot should do the trick, but I thought, better safe then sorry)
4) Downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website
5) Installed Samsung Kies with administrator rights (right click, run as administrator)
6) After installation I started Samsung Kies with administrator rights.
7) After Samsung Kies started, I connected the phone with the provided usb cable (make shure USB Debugging is of!)
8) Now windows will automaticly install the needed drivers (be patiŽnt it may take some time) Also make shure your phone screen won't go off, or that the phone is locked.
9) Now it should be working again. First I saw a message windows found a external hard drive and not long after that Samung Kies saw my phone.

Well I hope this will work also for you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bart1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ahlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I need to test this right away!

HCTerrorist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart1981 View Post
Wow it's amazing! I've got it working again (Win7 64)!!!

This is what I did...
1) First I removed the Samsung Kies USB Drivers (start, control panel, programs and features)
2) After removing the Samsung Kies Drivers, I removed Samsung Kies.
3) After I removed Samsung Kies I shut down my computer, and after that rebooted it again (I know a simple reboot should do the trick, but I thought, better safe then sorry)
4) Downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website
5) Installed Samsung Kies with administrator rights (right click, run as administrator)
6) After installation I started Samsung Kies with administrator rights.
7) After Samsung Kies started, I connected the phone with the provided usb cable (make shure USB Debugging is of!)
8) Now windows will automaticly install the needed drivers (be patiŽnt it may take some time) Also make shure your phone screen won't go off, or that the phone is locked.
9) Now it should be working again. First I saw a message windows found a external hard drive and not long after that Samung Kies saw my phone.

Well I hope this will work also for you guys.
Did everything exactly as described, and everything went just the way u described it, except the bold part

Kies simply will not connect to my device as it states my device is not supported.

Bart1981
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Yeah well, that's also an other problem compared to the one I had. Mine simply stayed on "connecting" I didn't get an error like yours.

artesea
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Removed drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled, plugged in with screen prodded to stop it timing out. CDC Serial fails everytime.
Managed to get Kies working on the WinXP Netbook, but it refused to install the latest firmware as there was limited space on the harddrive (wanted a minimum of 3gb!), however I just switched to ODIN once the drivers were working.
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
Tablet: Nook HD+
Blog: blog.artesea.co.uk

artesea
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Turns out, removing drivers from Device Manager, uninstalling Samsung Kies, turning off PC, turning it back on, running the Kies installer via Administrator mode, waiting, turning off USB debugging on phone, making TwLauncher default, setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, go back to Kies installer, say no to running now, run Kies from desktop via Administrator mode finally got the drivers installed.
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
Tablet: Nook HD+
Blog: blog.artesea.co.uk

troed
Old
Thanks Meter 121
There must be something special with the original micro-USB cable delivered with the SGS II

Whenever I charge my SGS II with my Hama-Charger and connect it to the SGS II with the original cable it immediately shows the screen: "connecting to Kies" which does not happen using a standard USB-cable.

So methinks that some connection probs with Kies might origin from using not the provided micro-USB-cable .......................
Angelo Troedhan
HTC Touch HD Blackstone(retired), HTC HD2 (retired)
SGS II, (retired), SGS III (retired), SG Note (retired), SGN 10.1 (use: only at home as reader,video, remote control for my Sammy-TV)
Current: Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Sony Xperia Z1, DSC-QX100

http://www.perfectsmileandface.com/Z...-Info-main.htm
http://www.perfectsmileandface.com/Z...Detailinfo.htm
http://www.perfectsmileandface.com/P...Behandlung.htm

novaci
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I doubt it. My SGSII connects to Kies with everything but the included cable!