Can't connect to Kies on PC

Search This thread

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
running windows7 64bit.

when i plug in the USB to my phone i only get the option to mount SD. I've tried looking for a USB mode under settings to ask what mode i need but can't find any options under settings.

so when my phone is connected to my pc i just get an error message from Kies saying phone not recognised.

any tips?

thanks

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Switch phone OFF .

Run Kies as admin

Start Kies when Kies loads connect USB cable Kies should now show on phone . Kies will then find phone .

That fails close Kies connect phone in USB mass storage mode let PC find drivers disconnect and fire Kies up again .

jje

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
Im not sure if what you said also aplies for my problem: I have Windows XP.

Yesterday I connected my SGS2 to my mother's laptop which runs Windows 7 and all, worked pretty good.

Today, I have been trying for about 5 hours to connect my phone to my PC. It runs Windows XP. I am now at the point that I start Kies (tried Dutch, then UK, now US version of Kies) and I plug in phone.

It says 'connecting' and doesn't stop. I have waited for 10 minutes and nothing. The device is in 'MTF mode' or something. On my moms Windows 7 laptop the computer starting doing things (installing drivers or something?) and that name quickly changed a few times, after which it worked with Kies. On my PC, nothing.

I have installed drivers trough Kies itself. I have searched till the edge of internetz.

I give up. Somebody please help me.

PS: I always have problems like this. Thats why I dont touch my PC so often. Everything that can be done in 20 minutes goes wrong with me and it takes me hours. Computers hate me.

:(

Edit: I tried what is told here and it doesn't work -_-

Edit 2:... Im giving up. After trying all day (Sunday is boring anyway) to update my phone via Kies I give up. I will remain forever at the same software. If Kies ever decides to stop ignoring my phone, he can call me.

Last edited:

Ahlin

May 12, 2011
Borås
epsiloon.se
I have the exact same problem... I've Googled around and tried tons different suggestions, but none of them seems to work.... I'm going crazy!!!

Please update thread if any one of you find a solution! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: XDA mark

rsibweza

Mar 11, 2011
Had the same problem too. Have you tried removing the dubug mode for usb and try to connext to kies?. Worked for me

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
Had the same problem too. Have you tried removing the dubug mode for usb and try to connext to kies?. Worked for me

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Off course. If I have the debug mode (usb connection) on Kies will say I have to switch to Kies PC Suite mode.

On the other hand, USB storage works. When I try to connect to Kies it says connecting for a long time and nothing happens or it stops.

One thing I have noticed is when I turned my sound on it was like the connection between my phone and the PC kept going on and off once in a while. I have really no idea what is going on, but since I have spend almost an entire Sunday trying to make it work and havnt succeded I believe its not a standard problem (and I am no idiot, nor am I a l33t haxor)

Anyway, I will just wait. I mean that update isnt THAT important, it just bugs me I cant make it work lol

Oh, and I have tried different USB ports, just in case that one was broken.

Last edited:

Zakir.Umar

May 22, 2011
I am also having problems, with Kies via WiFi. It connects and everything, even displays the content on my phone on my laptop screen in the Kies window, however when i click upload (a photo for example) the documents box and folders inside display all silver and when i open a folder with photos inside, no photos appear.

I am rooted on KE7. Funnily, it worked this morning...so i don't know what's happened since then:confused:

I am a newbie, so please be a bit simple in your reply.

Thanks

stoney73

Apr 28, 2010
nottingham
Just a question, but are you using the touchwiz launcher? Or have you installed a third party launchet(adw/launcherpro/etc)?

Kies will only connect to touchwiz/samsung launcher.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

HCTerrorist

Aug 8, 2010
Bilzen
I too have the exact same problem with my SGSII (i9100).

Kies tries to connect, only to result in a "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0".

I tried using diffirent USB-ports, reinstalling Kies (latest version ofc.) and reinstalling drivers.

USB-debugging is off ofcourse. I also tried different languages (Dutch and English UK), I'm using stock TW 4.0 and i haven't rooted my phone.

I can drag&drop files from my PC onto my phone with simple copy/paste.
Strange that Windows (7 x64) does recognise my phone.

I can not however get Kies to recognise/connect to it.

jimbiye

Jul 21, 2010
Just before Updating to KE7 I wasn't able to connect to Kies (it had never happened to me before).
I completely uninstalled Kies, then re-downloaded the install file from Samsung UK.
After I reinstalled Kies, phone connected just fine and I was able to update the firmware.

Not sure if that will resolve the problem for everyone, but it did work for me.

Ahlin

May 12, 2011
Borås
epsiloon.se
I was actually using Launcher Pro, but swapped back to Touchwiz, and killed ALL background processes. It didn't work either. I also tried to switch USB-port, but no! Nothing seems to work.

Open to any suggestions! :)

ghiri

Dec 1, 2010
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hello. I also have problems connecting through kies. My computer can't install CDC serial drivers. I don't have a clue why do I need CDC serial. My big problem is that I can't get the drivers working so Odin can't recognize my phone.
When I install it the first time I choose another location than the real one. I tried to reinstall again but the installer doesn't ask me again the location but just the language. Do you think the location could be a problem for the installing of the drivers? Thank you very much. I hope we can find a solution cause it's frustrating to have such a wonderful phone and the worst customer support. I remember that I had the same problems with Galaxy S. I need it one week to find the solution. Damn u Samsung!

artesea

Oct 2, 2008
Lincoln
At first I had USB Debugging on and ADW as the launcher.
By turning of Debugging and switching to stock launcher I was able to get the MTP driver installed and had the USB cable image thing on the phone whilst plugged in. However I still couldn't get part the CDC driver.
Running out the door this morning, I removed Kies on my Win7 machine and reinstalled, and also installed Kies on my rubbish XP netbook.
Didn't have time to check the Win7 box, but the XP netbook has got Kies talking to my When I get home I'll see if making sure that debugging is off at the start and stock launcher is set before plugging it back in to Win7.

scarecrow2012

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney
I had a similar problem with Kies, but after a hard reset Kies works again. Dont think Ill use it anyway but it was good to get it working again just in case.

Ahlin

May 12, 2011
Borås
epsiloon.se
It would be okay with me if it didn't work with Kies, but what's bothering me is that it won't work with Odin either! :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

HCTerrorist

Aug 8, 2010
Bilzen
I too have the exact same problem with my SGSII (i9100).

Kies tries to connect, only to result in a "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0".

I tried using diffirent USB-ports, reinstalling Kies (latest version ofc.) and reinstalling drivers.

USB-debugging is off ofcourse. I also tried different languages (Dutch and English UK), I'm using stock TW 4.0 and i haven't rooted my phone.

I can drag&drop files from my PC onto my phone with simple copy/paste.
Strange that Windows (7 x64) does recognise my phone.

I can not however get Kies to recognise/connect to it.

Still impossible to get my sgs2 recognised by Kies.

But does anyone know the following:

Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check for update

When i pick check for update it searches and says: no update available.

Is this another way update your firmware, or is it meant for something else?

Thx in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the exact same problem... I've Googled around and tried tons different suggestions, but none of them seems to work.... I'm going crazy!!!

Please update thread if any one of you find a solution! :)
    Wow it's amazing! I've got it working again (Win7 64)!!!
    My problem was, like many others, within kies, it just stayed on connecting. Nothing else happened. Now I got it working again.

This is what I did...
    1) First I removed the Samsung Kies USB Drivers (start, control panel, programs and features)
    2) After removing the Samsung Kies Drivers, I removed Samsung Kies.
    3) After I removed Samsung Kies I shut down my computer, and after that rebooted it again (I know a simple reboot should do the trick, but I thought, better safe then sorry)
    4) Downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website
    5) Installed Samsung Kies with administrator rights (right click, run as administrator)
    6) After installation I started Samsung Kies with administrator rights.
    7) After Samsung Kies started, I connected the phone with the provided usb cable (make shure USB Debugging is of!)
    8) Now windows will automaticly install the needed drivers (be patiënt it may take some time) Also make shure your phone screen won't go off, or that the phone is locked.
    9) Now it should be working again. First I saw a message windows found a external hard drive and not long after that Samung Kies saw my phone.

Well I hope this will work also for you guys.