Can't connect to Kies on PC

Search This thread

adddi17

Jan 3, 2012
Bucharest
Somebody... Please help, if you know anything :(

Guys,

I had the same problem more than once. The most frustrating point was after a revert to stock 2.3.6 after stock 4.0.3 and, with full wipe & clear cache, sometimes I could connect, sometimes I couldn't. Somehow it managed to connect so I was happy and left it as it was.

A few minutes ago I wasn't able to connect to Kies without doing anything in particular (I have GO Launcher, by the way), thus I found myself on this thread :)

How I managed to make it work?
After (unsuccessfully) trying to connect it over cable, I tried connecting over WiFi and I got a message informing me that Kies for USB is already opened (I don't remember the actual message) and I kept receiving this message even after "Clear memory".
So, I just restarted the phone (I long pressed the power button until the screen turned off and on, with the S logo) and it worked like a charm after that!

Hopefully this will work for you too, guys.

Cheers.

Edit: Sorry for bumping this old thread, I misread the year...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the exact same problem... I've Googled around and tried tons different suggestions, but none of them seems to work.... I'm going crazy!!!

Please update thread if any one of you find a solution! :)
    Wow it's amazing! I've got it working again (Win7 64)!!!
    My problem was, like many others, within kies, it just stayed on connecting. Nothing else happened. Now I got it working again.

This is what I did...
    1) First I removed the Samsung Kies USB Drivers (start, control panel, programs and features)
    2) After removing the Samsung Kies Drivers, I removed Samsung Kies.
    3) After I removed Samsung Kies I shut down my computer, and after that rebooted it again (I know a simple reboot should do the trick, but I thought, better safe then sorry)
    4) Downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website
    5) Installed Samsung Kies with administrator rights (right click, run as administrator)
    6) After installation I started Samsung Kies with administrator rights.
    7) After Samsung Kies started, I connected the phone with the provided usb cable (make shure USB Debugging is of!)
    8) Now windows will automaticly install the needed drivers (be patiënt it may take some time) Also make shure your phone screen won't go off, or that the phone is locked.
    9) Now it should be working again. First I saw a message windows found a external hard drive and not long after that Samung Kies saw my phone.

Well I hope this will work also for you guys.