Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Back cover design

OP zen123

2nd May 2011, 01:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

270 posts
Had a play with the GS2 yesterday in a p4u shop & it made me want the phone even more but one thing that immediately stood out to me was the textured design of the back cover. Not only does it feel horrible but it doesn't quite fit in with the otherwise lovely design of the device.

I really didn't like it at all. It reminded me of cheap some Chinese electronics. Infact when I got home I dug out a 2yr old mp3 player that I bought & it was very similar.

Still getting one though.
2nd May 2011, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 91

537 posts
When i get the phone the second thing im gonna do is, glue a textured finish on there, maybe some fabric or leather make it feel classy. Should give the phone a nicer texture and change the look of the device.

First thing would be scream like a Justin b fan ?

To comment on your thoughts, there might be a after market company that will make a metallic back cover if the demand is there?
2nd May 2011, 02:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 5

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIK516

When i get the phone the second thing im gonna do is, glue a textured finish on there, maybe some fabric or leather make it feel classy. Should give the phone a nicer texture and change the look of the device.

First thing would be scream like a Justin b fan ?

To comment on your thoughts, there might be a after market company that will make a metallic back cover if the demand is there?

Why not just buy a case for it? I wouldn't fancy taking glue to the back of my phone.
2nd May 2011, 02:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Burton-On-Trent,UK
Thanks Meter: 31

791 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33p_

Why not just buy a case for it? I wouldn't fancy taking glue to the back of my phone.

nor me lol, i got a nice case ready for 2mrw when mine arrives.
2nd May 2011, 04:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 91

537 posts
yeh I just have not seen anything that I really like yet, I like keeping my device as sleek as posible, when I get phone I'll do a post of how I go with the back cover.
2nd May 2011, 04:13 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 34

426 posts
More
I've had the phone for about a week now. I love the back cover!

The texture makes it easier to hold and is nice to the touch. It also makes the back less prone to scratching which was apparently a problem with the original Galaxy S.
2nd May 2011, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5

310 posts
@ nik

Where are you going to get your phone from?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread