Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Back cover design

Tip us?

zen123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Back cover design

Had a play with the GS2 yesterday in a p4u shop & it made me want the phone even more but one thing that immediately stood out to me was the textured design of the back cover. Not only does it feel horrible but it doesn't quite fit in with the otherwise lovely design of the device.

I really didn't like it at all. It reminded me of cheap some Chinese electronics. Infact when I got home I dug out a 2yr old mp3 player that I bought & it was very similar.

Still getting one though.

NIK516
Old
Thanks Meter 91
When i get the phone the second thing im gonna do is, glue a textured finish on there, maybe some fabric or leather make it feel classy. Should give the phone a nicer texture and change the look of the device.

First thing would be scream like a Justin b fan ?

To comment on your thoughts, there might be a after market company that will make a metallic back cover if the demand is there?

b33p_
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIK516 View Post
When i get the phone the second thing im gonna do is, glue a textured finish on there, maybe some fabric or leather make it feel classy. Should give the phone a nicer texture and change the look of the device.

First thing would be scream like a Justin b fan ?

To comment on your thoughts, there might be a after market company that will make a metallic back cover if the demand is there?
Why not just buy a case for it? I wouldn't fancy taking glue to the back of my phone.

vimto25
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33p_ View Post
Why not just buy a case for it? I wouldn't fancy taking glue to the back of my phone.
nor me lol, i got a nice case ready for 2mrw when mine arrives.

NIK516
Old
Thanks Meter 91
yeh I just have not seen anything that I really like yet, I like keeping my device as sleek as posible, when I get phone I'll do a post of how I go with the back cover.

steve228uk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I've had the phone for about a week now. I love the back cover!

The texture makes it easier to hold and is nice to the touch. It also makes the back less prone to scratching which was apparently a problem with the original Galaxy S.

Rooster19
Old
Thanks Meter 5
@ nik

Where are you going to get your phone from?