Very Disappointed

OP mcreego

16th May 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag verona
Thanks Meter: 18

194 posts
More
Hi all, I've received my new Galaxy s2 three days ago and I've faced a lot of the same problems that were affecting my first Sgs.
Here is a quick list:
1- Wifi poor reception (worse than sgs, desire,desire hd and Iphone 4)
2- Screen is blueish like my first sgs(In miu rom or cm7 it isn't blue because I can set the red color with voodoo color!!! so it's a faulty software calibration damn!!)
3- Gps lock is fast but not strong, it keeps disconnecting with Google navigator and works better with Sygic. Worse than Desire, Desire hd, Iphone 4, but better than my Sgs.
4-Random reboot!
5- Poor sound output through headphone!! Worse than all the other devices except Sgs, but since Supercurio realeased Voodoo sound it rocks!

I don't know if this problems could be solved by the community, but I am very frustrated. I put my trust in Samsung again and in the online reviews but now i fell betrayed.
I hope that I could return my phone to get another device but since htc locked its bootloaders I don't know what to choose...
I hope You all find my post useful if You are going to buy Sgs 2.
Could anyone that has Lg phone like optimus 2 tell me if this phone is good or if it has a lot of problems like galaxy 2?
16th May 2011, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
not worth the effort of posting against a fixed viewpoint .
Deleted my phone works details as someone dont agree that out of a million phones sold some work ok .

jje
Last edited by JJEgan; 16th May 2011 at 04:51 PM.
16th May 2011, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

113 posts
I've got one on order but all this disappointment is swaying me to cancel it and hold out with my iPhone 4 a while longer, there's nothing wrong with it to me anyway.
16th May 2011, 04:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

115 posts
More
Don't return the phone, there's nothing wrong with it.

I've had 4 Galaxy S2's pass through my ownership so I think I'm pretty well equipped to say whats normal for these phones and whats not.

- Wifi

Wifi reception IS poor. My old HTC Desire and my girlfriends HTC Desire both get MUCH better range on the wifi than the Galaxy S2. The range on all the Galaxy S2's I've had has been the same - poor. This is a common complaint about the G2. Anyone who says they don't have this problem either has no idea what good wifi range is, or is just lying out of their ass.

- Screen

The screen does indeed have a blueish tint on it. There's a thread about it on these forums. Nothing we can do about that. Again, another common issue to all G2's.

Also the some other issues you have mentioned. Touch screen sensitivity is on the low side, you can tap the screen lightly and quickly enough so that it doesn't register an input. This is impossible to do on a HTC Desire.

Also the pixel response time is said to be 0.001ms by Samsung, but this is a load of crap. It works out closer to 6-8ms, as evident when scrolling black text on a white background (or vice versa) the text will blur slightly.

- GPS

The GPS is pretty poor at the moment, hopefully it improves with updates, majority of people are complaining about this, myself included. None of the 4 G2's I had could get a quick lock on GPS (they take flipping ages). The GPS is REALLY hit and miss at the moment.

- Random Reboots

This is a REALLY REALLY common issue. It's been reported everywhere. However, depending on the frequency of the reboots would determine whether or not I'd class it as faulty. Of all the G2's I've had, NONE of them have randomly rebooted. However if yours has rebooted like once or twice over the week, I'd count that as normal, happens on a few android phones. But if it does it anymore than that, get it replaced.

- Poor Sound Output

This is completely subjective. But I have an expensive amp and speaker setup that I use on my PC which I've got used to so I'm really picky about sound quality and yes I agree, the sound output is abit naff. But it's not terrible by any means. I can live with it.
16th May 2011, 04:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Moving around in the ancient land
Thanks Meter: 287

727 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreego

Hi all, I've received my new Galaxy s2 three days ago and I've faced a lot of the same problems that were affecting my first Sgs.
Here is a quick list:
1- Wifi poor reception (worse than sgs, desire,desire hd and Iphone 4)
2- Screen is blueish like my first sgs(In miu rom or cm7 it isn't blue because I can set the red color with voodoo color!!! so it's a faulty software calibration damn!!)
3- Gps lock is fast but not strong, it keeps disconnecting with Google navigator and works better with Sygic. Worse than Desire, Desire hd, Iphone 4, but better than my Sgs.
4-Random reboot!
5- Poor sound output through headphone!! Worse than all the other devices except Sgs, but since Supercurio realeased Voodoo sound it rocks!

I don't know if this problems could be solved by the community, but I am very frustrated. I put my trust in Samsung again and in the online reviews but now i fell betrayed.
I hope that I could return my phone to get another device but since htc locked its bootloaders I don't know what to choose...
I hope You all find my post useful if You are going to buy Sgs 2.
Could anyone that has Lg phone like optimus 2 tell me if this phone is good or if it has a lot of problems like galaxy 2?

If you think desire and Desire HD has better sound, you need your ears checked.
Desire HD is horrid, absolutely horrid when it comes to sound. It does not even give you proper stereo effects. Its a disaster.
That 1 point made me ignore whatever rest you said.
16th May 2011, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag verona

194 posts
More
I use it with miu rom and it comes with dsp that made the sound good. The only problems I have with Dhd is low ringtone( partially solved by kernel implemention) and incall volume very very low and distorted at full volume.
Someone thinks is possible a change if a return the phone in the first 7 days with another phone?
16th May 2011, 04:48 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 21

60 posts
It sounds like you have a faulty device tbh.

I can't compare to all the devices you can but my girlfriend has a desire (on my recommendation.) The SGS2 is superior in every issue you're having. And i loved her desire. I was actually surprised how much of a leap the SGS2 felt like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawAce

I've got one on order but all this disappointment is swaying me to cancel it and hold out with my iPhone 4 a while longer, there's nothing wrong with it to me anyway.

All new phones have issues. Actually ALL phones have issues period. This phone is actually getting hugely positive reactions from both reviewers and general users like myself. It always amuses me how some people can only focus on the negative comments :)
16th May 2011, 04:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2,461

6,447 posts
I'm extremely happy with my SGS2. Comparing it to my Nexus S, DHD, Dell Streak, SGT and HD7, I have no complaints at all.

I will buy the HTC Sensation/Pyramid when it comes out, which will be a mistake (locked bootloader), I will set it up and then put it in a drawer forever.

If anyone doesn't like their SGS2, simply take it back. I will be keeping mine. It is amazing.
16th May 2011, 04:56 PM   |  #9  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,578 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkym0nkey

If you think desire and Desire HD has better sound, you need your ears checked.
Desire HD is horrid, absolutely horrid when it comes to sound. It does not even give you proper stereo effects. Its a disaster.
That 1 point made me ignore whatever rest you said.

he is talking about the sound volume level thru headphones i believe. and since tons of other people claim the SGS2 has poor headphone volume, i think he is telling the truth. just look around the forum, the posts are everywhere.
16th May 2011, 04:58 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag verona

194 posts
More
Exactly I was talking about headphones...I think that I will try a substitution to see if another sgs2 is different

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread