Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Display problem/yellowish left side

OP Erethnor

18th May 2011, 01:37 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 4

113 posts
Fingers crossed my phone doesn't have this when I get it, or any of the other problems...

Seems at this rate though I'm pretty much preparing to return it for a refund....
18th May 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 93

1,319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawAce

Fingers crossed my phone doesn't have this when I get it, or any of the other problems...

Seems at this rate though I'm pretty much preparing to return it for a refund....

The phone is incredible, except for this one issue.

I think the build quality is great, so far beyond the Atrix even though they're both plastic.

It's thin, light, and sleek. Fantastic phone. I just don't know what to do about this one problem.
18th May 2011, 03:45 PM   |  #23  

1,319 posts
What is the consensus here? Is it worth trying to get one without the issue?
18th May 2011, 05:21 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 26

149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan

What is the consensus here? Is it worth trying to get one without the issue?

I've emailed by retailer and Samsung to see if they have any more info than we have in this thread. Will get back here with any info I receive from them.
18th May 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #25  

1,319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNoir

I've emailed by retailer and Samsung to see if they have any more info than we have in this thread. Will get back here with any info I receive from them.

Thank you. I have started the return process myself.
18th May 2011, 06:19 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 4

304 posts
Do think burning the screens in would help? Maybe leaving the screen permanently on overnight for a couple of nights whiltst on the charger with a slideshow of various colours rotating may help. Just clutching at straws lol.
18th May 2011, 06:49 PM   |  #27  

1,319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseaker

Do think burning the screens in would help? Maybe leaving the screen permanently on overnight for a couple of nights whiltst on the charger with a slideshow of various colours rotating may help. Just clutching at straws lol.

Doubtful, I'm sure they were already "burnt in" at the factory.

It's odd how it's the left side for all of us...
18th May 2011, 07:12 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 26

149 posts
More
Quote:

Doubtful, I'm sure they were already "burnt in" at the factory.

It's odd how it's the left side for all of us...

Exactly, for a potential defect, if that is indeed the case, it really is very consistent. Also doesn't seem to be worse on the left top section or left bottom section, but very uniform across the left side. Without having any info at all about the manufacturing process, I am think if the displays are stored at some point tilted to their left side, causing some glue to become very slightly thicker on that side as it cures, and if this is indeed the same situation as for the iPhone, could potentially fade away after some use. Or another of any number of factors potentially at play. Who knows, but isn't the manufacturing of high technology fascinating?

Because of these types of potential factors it would be beneficial to Samsung to look into this and provide some quick info. If this is potentially a temporary thing which will fade away in a matter of days /a week or two, it would be good for users to get that info, so that Samsung doesn't get returns for phones that just need a bit of running in.
18th May 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #29  

1,319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNoir

Exactly, for a potential defect, if that is indeed the case, it really is very consistent. Also doesn't seem to be worse on the left top section or left bottom section, but very uniform across the left side. Without having any info at all about the manufacturing process, I am think if the displays are stored at some point tilted to their left side, causing some glue to become very slightly thicker on that side as it cures, and if this is indeed the same situation as for the iPhone, could potentially fade away after some use. Or another of any number of factors potentially at play. Who knows, but isn't the manufacturing of high technology fascinating?

Because of these types of potential factors it would be beneficial to Samsung to look into this and provide some quick info. If this is potentially a temporary thing which will fade away in a matter of days /a week or two, it would be good for users to get that info, so that Samsung doesn't get returns for phones that just need a bit of running in.

Excellent points.

Working in manufacturing myself as an engineer (albeit much larger things), i'm always fascinated to learn about the process.

It would be great to hear from samsung on this, please do update us with anything you hear.

I'm hesitant to send it back because everything else is PERFECT with this phone. No dead pixels, no other issues of any kind.

It is indeed the whole left side, uniformly, like a gradient effect. Almost like they come out of a heat treat and the left side stays in longer or something.

Very odd....
19th May 2011, 12:08 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 15

191 posts
Quote:

Excellent points.

Working in manufacturing myself as an engineer (albeit much larger things), i'm always fascinated to learn about the process.

It would be great to hear from samsung on this, please do update us with anything you hear.

I'm hesitant to send it back because everything else is PERFECT with this phone. No dead pixels, no other issues of any kind.

It is indeed the whole left side, uniformly, like a gradient effect. Almost like they come out of a heat treat and the left side stays in longer or something.

Very odd....

Yeah don't want to send it back either. I do also have the grey-pink problem and the banding, but people say i's software(but some don't have it)

I also have the pink spot on the camera, but again people saying it is software. But on the other side some people not having it.

Don't want to send mine in to get a worse one, like dead pixels or stuff if this just resolves over time.

Samsung should tell us if our phones are allright or not.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix
Previous Thread Next Thread