Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Display problem/yellowish left side

Tip us?

xclusiv8
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
Serious business is serious up in this thread I see

Anyway, in the flesh mine seems fine, and it seems fine in my photos too:

All taken with the same white balance (6500k) and same shoot settings.

I don't notice it in the flesh and if it is there it's so small it's not worth messing about over tbh.
I must say that yours is the best so far but its still there but barely noticeable.
I would not return that device.

robbiekhan
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Hue/sat on yellow, Why didn't I think of that! I use it all the time for work lol.

But yeah, you certainly don't notice it in normal usage.

aussiebum
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusiv8 View Post
I must say that yours is the best so far but its still there but barely noticeable.
I would not return that device.
I squinted really hard but couldn't see the yellowness that you say it's noticeable in the screenshot. Do you mind circling it in the image?

I've also checked my own SGS2 as well as my friend's and haven't noticed any display defects either.

If the SGS2 display flaw was that widespread, wouldn't the 1 million Koreans who have bought the phone noticed it by now and made a super fuss about it?
------------------------------------------------
Nexus 10 -> Sabermod + KTManta kernel

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -> Stock MJ7 rooted

Samsung Galaxy NOTE II -> wanam lite stock something + devil kernel 4.3

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 - Overcome 4 @ 1.2ghz

HTC HD2 -> pdaimatejam WP7.5 Mango rom v7.8

xclusiv8
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebum View Post
I squinted really hard but couldn't see the yellowness that you say it's noticeable in the screenshot. Do you mind circling it in the image?

I've also checked my own SGS2 as well as my friend's and haven't noticed any display defects either.

If the SGS2 display flaw was that widespread, wouldn't the 1 million Koreans who have bought the phone noticed it by now and made a super fuss about it?
If you look at my image you can see that there are two clocks One of them is on the wrong side.

aussiebum
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusiv8 View Post
If you look at my image you can see that there are two clocks One of them is on the wrong side.
ah yeah sorry, work blocks dropbox

Will try that test page again and then do that copy and paste on my phone.
------------------------------------------------
Nexus 10 -> Sabermod + KTManta kernel

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -> Stock MJ7 rooted

Samsung Galaxy NOTE II -> wanam lite stock something + devil kernel 4.3

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 - Overcome 4 @ 1.2ghz

HTC HD2 -> pdaimatejam WP7.5 Mango rom v7.8

eallan
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Please don't mistake my intentions. From my post and thanks count you should be able to tell I'm not a troll. I don't for a munute doubt that there is an issue with the screen as outlined originally. I think the debate is over the severity of the problem, number of phones impacted, and whether each phone has the problem to the same degree.

Someone posted a screen shot of their phone a couple of pages back and proudly said, "see, my phone doesn't have it." He was corrected within minutes. He didn't have a problem and now he does. If the actual user of the phone can't detect the problem it can obviously be pretty subtle.

People that may be looking at purchasing a SGS2 could easily read this thread and think the phone's a disaster. That would be a shame. My counterpoint isn't by any means a personal attack or a denial of the issue. But, as in all discussion boards, exploring different viewpoints and sides of an issue should be healthy and welcome.

Expectations are personal. If yours haven't been met than by all means pursure any path you choose to rectify the situation. But just as it would be unfair of me to tell you what your expectations should be, the same holds in reverse when I offer a different viewpoint.

My wit sometimes doesn't translate well though the pen. If I offended anyone I'm sorry. Also, from PMs I've received, I'm not the only one that feels this way.
We're just not going to see eye to eye on this one, which is fine.

I don't think it's a bad thing if people see this thread and realize that they're about to buy an expensive device with a flaw that is annoying to many of us.

Of course all views are welcome, but there is no need to go to bat for samsung and/or defend a defect.

Whether or not it's subtle is irrelevant. Obviously, enough of us noticed to have a 400 post thread and multiple blog posts.

The path we're pursuing is raising awareness, investigating, and trying to reach out to samsung. It is made more complicated by the fact that it isn't out in some of our countries

Take care.

eallan
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
I don't notice it in the flesh and if it is there it's so small it's not worth messing about over tbh.
Great photos. Looks a little better than mine.

It's not obsessing to want a proper product
The Following User Says Thank You to eallan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kitch9
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Man, this thread is (IMO) a huge fuss about nothing........

I've checked the numerous test screens and yes, admittedly if I hold the phone in the correct light and at the right angle I may be able to see something sometimes.

I'd guess its probably intentional to save power consumption.

There's a couple of compromises on this phone it appears, firstly the Wi-Fi signal is not quite as strong as other phones, although the phone does a good job of maintaining a link when its got it, and secondly the screen can't quite drive all its pixels perfectly all of the time, so if you're using a specific test pattern and holding the phone in the right light at the perfect angle all the time you might want to send it back.

If not, you'll have the most amazing looking screen of any phone to date, on a phone with a battery that blows away most other phones.....

I dunno, maybe you should get a Nexus S or something.

LOL....

sesamee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's not a raison !

You pay 600 for a S2 without manufacturing defect!
Must be prevented samsung and wait for the response.

Quote:
There's a couple of compromises on this phone it appears, firstly the Wi-Fi signal is not quite as strong as other phones
mine is perfect, better than I9000.

mur76
Old
Thanks Meter 11
$600 is nearly enough for a HD TV. Imagine you get one with a similar defect. You would definitely return it.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using XDA App

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix