5,604,730 Members 33,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

why dont you ppl like touchwiz? touchwiz is amazing

Tip us?

ajcantonio
Old
(Last edited by ajcantonio; 31st December 2011 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
i think tw is good. the features are just amazing. this is my first time to use a samsung android phone (former lg user) and i find tw really functional compared to my past phone's ui. i just don't like the look... there's a lot of launchers out there anyway. and about aosp, i just think it's too plain for casual users, like... me... hehehe!

btw, happy new year, guys!

DannyDrama
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Because I can't resize all widgets, have 6x6 home and lock screen, customize animations and change themes and icons. I also can't hide the dock or the status bar.

ADW is better IMHO.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Arkanius
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrama View Post
Because I can't resize all widgets, have 6x6 home and lock screen, customize animations and change themes and icons. I also can't hide the dock or the status bar.

ADW is better IMHO.

Sent from my GT-I9100
TouchWiz is not a launcher!

AllSeeyinEye
Old
Thanks Meter 527
It's not TW that's bad, it's TWlauncher that sucks ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Place your ad here?! For hire?!

victorinoxs
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
how can so many of you not like touchwiz, lemme correct that *HATE touchwiz... i realize its the hip thing to do, to hate touchwiz, and you somehow think it makes you look pro.. but touchwiz rocks.. most of you havent even seen what the alternative is, you just hate it cause everyone else does.

do you realize losing touchwiz loses:

*built in screen capture by pressing home+lock
not bad, but it's built into ICS as well
Quote:
*task manager built into long press
but number of recent apps down to 6, very annoying; besides, task manager is really not necessary for a powerful phone like S2, I always have around 500mb free ram sitting around. I rarely use task manager to kill background apps.
Quote:
*swipe left/right to call/text in contacts/dialer/texts
ya, it may be handy sometimes, but no threaded call logs, and call logs are mixed with sms logs.
Quote:
*toggles in drop down menu
CM ROM can do even better, such as 2G/3G/2G&3G modes toggle
Quote:
*amazing UI in camera/file manager/ music player
indeed amazing camera UI, but file manger & music player are so so. There are better and free alternatives. The camera app is the only thing I will miss about TW.
Quote:
*ability to adjust display options, beyond what stock roms are capable of
*swype
can be installed separately anyway
Quote:
* ability to adjust brightness by moving dropbar back and forth
I find brightness level widget easier to use.
Quote:
* the option to use the actual touchwiz launcher
What's so good about TW Launcher anyway?
Quote:
* Divx, Xvid, and .avi support out of the box, as well as other formats supported only by samsung
Agree. Samsung does have the best codec support of all, but it's not like there is no alternatives available.
Quote:
its not like having a stock rom gives you anything in place of these.. if you dont like the touchwiz launcher, you can install another one, i cant see why ppl are soo determined to get rid of it, and have nothing in its place. would you really rather have no options, in place of where you DID have options?
Having a stock rom I can get almost everything that TW provides by installing 3rd party apps; on the other hand, on a stock TW rom, I'm stuck with no video calling in GTalk, no green icon indicating Google service status, only 6 recent apps and a bunch of Samsung bloatwares.
The Following User Says Thank You to victorinoxs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asdfasd2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Touchwiz is ugly..

iphoney SMS
launcher icons
Pull down toggle icons
Music player

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6515

DONATE TO ME
Touchwiz would be the best launcher if it had the following

1.multi dpi scaling.
2.proper resize support.
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73
The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josephislee
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I tried out CM9 yesterday and the only thing I miss from tw is the browser.. smoother IMO, even compared to the videos of the galaxy nexus..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Past
Sony Ericsson X10
HTC Desire HD
Asus Transformer TF101&dock
iPad 2 White 16GB
Samsung Galaxy SII
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Blackberry Playbook

Present
Rogers HTC ONE X
ViperXL/Stock JB
Nexus 7

nicregi
Old
Thanks Meter 166

DONATE TO ME
Happy new year!

I don't hate TouchWiz but I just felt it is too 'stock' feeling. Just love to modify so TouchWiz isn't my main choice...

Sent from my Galaxy S II using XDA App
If I had helped you in anyway, it would be great if you can press the "Thanks" button for me

The Big Fat Reality Blog - The Latest And Hottest Technology Blog In Town!

mike21pr
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I like touchwiz. Its the only UI where the launcher runs perfectly smooth even using a heavy live wallpaper. I believe that they use the cartoony colors to show off the Super Amoled screen as well. The only thing that will make me flash a non touchwiz ROM is Stock ICS, cuz im not using the visually unpolished abomination that AOSP Gingerbread is. MIUI is sorta buggy for us so its out imo

sEnT fRoM mY ExYnOs PoWeReD MoNsTeR
Carrier: AT&T USA
Current OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Stock)
Current Device: Moto G Google Play Edition