5,599,911 Members 46,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

POSSIBLE FIX FOR PHONES THAT ARE STUCK AT BOOTLOGO AFTER LQ5/LPM + Wipe

Tip us?

d.fx
Old
(Last edited by d.fx; 19th October 2012 at 12:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Talking POSSIBLE FIX FOR PHONES THAT ARE STUCK AT BOOTLOGO AFTER LQ5/LPM + Wipe

THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE 16GB GALAXY S2 I9100 (but a similar procedure can be applied to some other samsung devices)

BIG THANKS TO USER HG42, ALL CREDITS GO TO HIM AS HE IS THE ONE THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE. THE ORIGINAL GALAXY NOTE THREAD IS HERE

THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THIS WILL WORK, IT DID FOR ME AND A FEW OTHERS BUT YOUR PROBLEM COULD BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

AFTER FLASHING THE PIT FILE, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATLY FLASH A SAMSUNG ROM OR A KERNEL VIA ODIN, ESPECIALLY IF YOU STILL HAVE THE LQ5 KERNEL INSTALLED, IN ANY CASE, DON'T TRY TO WIPE DATA AFTER THE PIT FILE FLASH, FLASH A ROM OR A KERNEL BEFORE DOING ANY WIPE

As you must know by now, some users experienced hard bricks after flashing the leaked LQ5 firmware and doing a factory reset or a data wipe, some others, like me, can still access Odin or recovery but no matter what we try we can't get the phone to actually fully boot.

SYMPTOMS:

-You can go into download mode and maybe in recovery
-When you try to wipe data in recovery the phone gets stuck and reboots eventually
-Flashing a firmware through odin doesn't do any good even when the flash was a success
-During the Flash through odin it may get stuck at data.img or fastoryfs depending on the firmware you're trying to flash

If your symptoms aren't the same as those, i would advise not trying this procedure

THE REASON FOR THE "BRICK"

It seems that during the factory reset or data wipe you made after flashing LQ5, the data partition got badly corrupted somehow, and because of that, neither CWM nor Odin can write or format this faulty data partition. This is why you can't boot into any rom.

What you need to do if you're in the same situtation i was into (make sure of it) is to flash a modified pit file which is gonna create a new data partition on your internal sdcard, leaving the faulty one aside, and thus getting a brand new data partition which is gonna make your phone work again, but at the cost of having a smaller internal SD. Other than that, your phone should work exactly as it did.

WARNING / BACKUP

By doing so, you're also repartitionning the internal sdcard, which will result in the loss of everything you have on it, to backup the content of your internal sdcard, you must follow the steps described in THIS THREAD which is the thread started by the man that found the solution to this problem. The thread is a galaxy note thread, but the backup procedure is the same.

Once you have backed up what you wanted to backup, and made sure you read everything carefully, you can proceed to the flashing of the modified pit file.

AFTER FLASHING THE PIT FILE, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATLY FLASH A SAMSUNG ROM OR A KERNEL VIA ODIN, ESPECIALLY IF YOU STILL HAVE THE LQ5 KERNEL INSTALLED, IN ANY CASE, DON'T TRY TO WIPE DATA AFTER THE PIT FILE FLASH, FLASH A ROM OR A KERNEL BEFORE DOING ANY WIPE

The zip containing the modified PIT files can be found in THIS THREAD at the end of the first post.

STEP BY STEP

-Put your phone into Download Mode
-Flash the modified pit using odin, NOTHING ELSE
-After pit flash, the phone will try to reboot, and will get stuck. Remove the battery
-Go into Download Mode.
-Flash a clean, unmodified, samsung firmware (like KI4) WITHOUT PUTTING ANY PIT FILE
-Reboot in stock recovery, do a factory reset
-Reboot phone
-Format internal sdcard
-You should be good to go

ALTERNATIVE WAY (NOT RECOMMENDED)

-Put your phone into Download Mode
-Flash the modified pit using odin, NOTHING ELSE
-After pit flash, the phone will try to reboot, and will get stuck. Remove the battery
-Go into Download Mode.
-Flash a custom kernel with Odin.
-Then Boot into recovery and install a rom from a zip which must be on your external SD

I hope this works for you as well as it did for me. Good luck, and congratulations to hg42 for finding a way to get our devices working again
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to d.fx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oinkylicious
Old
(Last edited by oinkylicious; 12th August 2012 at 08:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 712
edit: OP entirely changed his post since my response, rendering it incorrect.
The Following User Says Thank You to oinkylicious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trucker11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Worked for me too

Tried everything was beginning to give up tried this and my phone works again thanks alot

d.fx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Glad it worked for you mate.

Next time we'll think twice before flashing a leaked firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d.fx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

limpbizkit
Old
(Last edited by limpbizkit; 9th July 2012 at 04:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Doesnt work for me , i can now go to recovery mode but i can't format/wipe data. i tried with flashing Siyah 3.3.2 tar but formatting data is not possible again .
Thanks anyway for your work .

dejarque88
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default The same thing for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpbizkit View Post
Doesnt work for me , ican now go to recovery mode but still can't format/wipe data. i tried with flashing Siyah 3.3.2 but formatting data is not possible.
Hi, the same thing happend with me. Now I can enter in recovery but I cant wipe data.

Im thinking of try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1457458

To do that should I flash first the original Pit file???????

Thanks

dejarque88
Old
(Last edited by dejarque88; 9th July 2012 at 06:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpbizkit View Post
Doesnt work for me , i can now go to recovery mode but i can't format/wipe data. i tried with flashing Siyah 3.3.2 tar but formatting data is not possible again .
Heeyyy!!!! Bro, i found an alternative for us. It worked for me so with you will work to!!!

Im from argentina and my english is not good. So, sorry for that.

Ok, do this:

1/ Download resurrection remix v2.5.3

2/ Flash siyha v3.3.2

3/ Enter to the recovery

4/ Go to "dual-boot options

5/ Select "install zip to second rom from external sd. Automatically siyah will create a second data partition.

6/ select the rom from the external sd and install it. Then restart and enter in recovery again

7/ go to "dual boot options / wipe second rom dalvik-cache.

8/ go to dual boot options / fix second rom permissions

9/ go to dual boot options / wipe second rom data cache

10/ reboot and you will see during boot the next reading: press home o volume button to enter to second rom.... so, press the home buttom and the phone will revive!!!!!!

I must say that every time the phone starts you have to choose to enter the second rom. This solution sucks, but at least your phone will work.

good luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dejarque88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a0007
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejarque88 View Post
Hi, the same thing happend with me. Now I can enter in recovery but I cant wipe data.

Thanks
any help for this problem

d.fx
Old
(Last edited by d.fx; 9th July 2012 at 08:28 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejarque88 View Post

Thanks
Have you tried flashing a samsung rom? Are you still on LQ5 kernel?

If this still fails after trying to flash a samsung rom using odin, i think you should indeed flash the original PIT, which will make things back the way they were before, even if it didn't work then
The Following User Says Thank You to d.fx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a0007
Old
Thanks Meter 82
when i use Odin to install original rom , it stuck on data.img

and when I use recovery to wipe factory or cache , it stuck on formatting data

(( I used pit stock and i9100_u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4-patched-standard ))

Tags
bricked, data.img, galaxy s2, lpm, lq5