Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S II very hot

Tip us?

fluidz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I wish i could agree with you. Flashing that modem made no difference to my temps whatsoever using 4.03 neat lite rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

mightyillidan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
^ exactly at using neat rom and almost whetever i flash there is no way it gets allot hot and i think its an ics bug

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorD View Post
Flash modem KH3. It makes a huge difference.

Sent from my wallet
no change also

usandthem1973
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Maybe it's something normal. All the android devices that I've used get hot, some more than others, mostly when you overclock.

But the design of the processor itself also matters, I've read that Qualcomm cpu's are better at keeping the temperature safe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

paulfrankie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone done any permanent damage to their phone due to overheating?

r3vo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfrankie View Post
Has anyone done any permanent damage to their phone due to overheating?
Nope, no damage (got up to 57c). It's just annoying...

Bayangan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My phone using ICS stock is working fine.
But now I got those "burning" experience after I use CM10 JB.
The only time it was hot is during the first 30 mins after boot up. After that it goes back to cool (normal temp), but during the burning time it drains the battery like 15-20% even its just doing nothing (I'm not using the phone at all). And the heat makes it quite impossible to use the phone because too hot for the ear.
I have tried multiple ROM (Slim, CM10, Ressurection) all giving the same heat on boot up.

I'm using the Baseband DXLP7 and gonna try flash to LQ6 soon.
I hope this can fix... But according to the battery history usage, OS is eating like 47% of the usage instead the GSM radio... (makes me think more before flashing to LQ6)...
HTC Hero
VillainROM 10.3.3
EZHero 4

SGS II I9100
ROM: CM10
Baseband: DXLP7

Kyuuba
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Mine gets very, very hot when playing games, specially Dead Trigger from Madfinger games.
I don't know if this Siyah-Dorimanx kernel ver. 8.14 throttles the cpu when it gets hot as i can't ask for that info in the Dev thread but aparently, the phone runs fine at that high temp.
Sometimes, my fingers on my left hand hurts when it happens and i wonder why it gets that hot since i set the Max OC frequency on the Stweak app to 1.6 Ghz.

Mcjim113
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayangan View Post
My phone using ICS stock is working fine.
But now I got those "burning" experience after I use CM10 JB.
The only time it was hot is during the first 30 mins after boot up. After that it goes back to cool (normal temp), but during the burning time it drains the battery like 15-20% even its just doing nothing (I'm not using the phone at all). And the heat makes it quite impossible to use the phone because too hot for the ear.
I have tried multiple ROM (Slim, CM10, Ressurection) all giving the same heat on boot up.

I'm using the Baseband DXLP7 and gonna try flash to LQ6 soon.
I hope this can fix... But according to the battery history usage, OS is eating like 47% of the usage instead the GSM radio... (makes me think more before flashing to LQ6)...
I think the heat up and battery drain you're experiencing is more to do with the media scanner, the more you have on the SD card the longer it takes to run on boot up. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Previous phones:

Ericsson GH688 > Nokia 3310 > Nokia 3510i > Nokia 6230i > Nokia N95 > Nokia N958GB > HTC HD2 (lost ) > SGSII > Nexus 5

genesis0403
Old
Thanks Meter 3
heating is normal. sometimes changing kernel can make it a bit better