Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy S2 refuses to charge and start

OP MapleDouglas

11th August 2011, 01:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

660 posts
Hi folks,

So here's the deal: my Samsung Galaxy S2 suddenly refused to charge and became very hot. I turned it off, took out the battery and it won't accept any new juice.

After I turned it off, it won't even start. So I have a battery that cannot be charged, and a Galaxy S2 that refuses to start. When connected, a battery icon with a triangle is displayed. Any ideas?

Should I try to get a new battery or is there any trick for this? I'd rather not send it away.

Cheers
11th August 2011, 01:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

660 posts
It's pretty similar to this issue:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1114016
11th August 2011, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

660 posts
No one knows, huh? That doesn't bode well...
11th August 2011, 08:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 16

172 posts
More
This is identical to my problem. To restart your phone. Take the battery out. Plug the phone in, wait a few seconds then put the battery back in. Imediately, press and hold the power button. The usb charging circuit is damaged. It needs a repair but will probably be replaced. A few of us had this problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
12th August 2011, 05:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

660 posts
Thanks for your reply! If that's the case, it's the first phone I've ever had since 1998 that has broken down.

I tried the method of starting it that you suggested, but it didn't work. I guess I have to send it back. Even though it's a great phone in other regards, I won't be buying a Samsung again.
27th August 2011, 03:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

660 posts
Hm, it suddenly decided to start again for some reason and now I can charge the device while it's turned off. But when I try to charge it when it's turned on, it just becomes super hot and loses power instead of gaining it.

Can it be a software issue? It's really weird, since my SGS2 can be charged while it's turned off but not when booted.

Cheers
Last edited by MapleDouglas; 27th August 2011 at 04:00 PM.
27th August 2011, 06:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Hi there i have the same problem with mine too, do you flash any rom in it or kernel?
I guess its a problem with the kernel or rom you have flashed, mine have the same problem, but you can put it charging in the usb cable in the computer and let it stay there for a whyle, then you have to try to boot it up by using the 3 keys (power+home+vol up) it will boot in recovery mode then you ask it to reeboot and install an updated kernel or reflash the rom, while the device is on, do not put it off, because if you do it you will have the same problem to put it on again, but when its on it charges normally.
I have changed mine for a new one but the problem i am sure it was the things i flashed it. I was using another kernel to install and root the device and again put the original stock kernel in the device to get rid of the yellow triangle, but that came up with that problem. I even dowloaded root explorer in order to reset the battery status bin (you have to be rooted to do this) and reboot the phone but with no avail. The other you have to do this is install CWM MANAGER V1.80 MY KERNEL CF-ROOT 4.0 MY ANDROID VERSION 2.3.3 BASEBAND i9100UHKE2 and now note this the stock kernel was the uhke4 but the kernel i put it it is 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE7-CL215725root@DELL103#2 COMPILATION NUMBER: GINGERBREAD.UHKE4
Note: i dont know if it will work for you, i am using a stock rom from samsung. If you do not flash anything its better to return the device or even you have flashed it buy a usb jig and reset the counter and find for the repair, they have to fix that for you.
I hope that have provided you some help.
best regards
27th August 2011, 07:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 82

680 posts
More
Happend to me after installing an over clock thing i uninstalled it and it worked fine
27th August 2011, 07:26 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
thats what i have said but try to update the kernel and try it mine was uhke4 and now im using xwke7 rooted and worked like a charm all working perfect now, just the problem with the yellow triangle on boot, besides that nothing else even it improved battery life and gps works even better .
hope i have been usefull.
27th August 2011, 07:33 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 1,385

3,854 posts
More
@OP- Go to Service center. Don't waste your time by doing this and that. I am having the same problem, though freak me did some experiment with it. You will get replacement/repaired as it's inside warranty very much.
And don't try any freak method with the new one.

Regards.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sgs2
Previous Thread Next Thread