Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy s2 warranty for USA users

OP drgopoos

25th May 2011, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 477

2,304 posts
There has been a lot of discussion about warranty for galaxy s2 for users in USA.
I have found some definite answers. Summary is : none of them will get warranty in usa but needs to be shipped to UK/Europe.
I was planning to buy one handset but holding back due to the lack of warranty.

However if someone has got other info please add it here

1. Handtech : I sent a mail and this is the reply that i got.

If you needed to claim on the warranty for the Galaxy II then it would more than likely have to come back to us I'm afraid as it is only covered by a UK warranty. However, sometimes Samsung in Europe will help but we obviously cannot guarantee this as it would be their decision.

2. Expansys-usa - Talked over the phone -
Told me they will help me ship the phone to UK. But i dont know how fast that is going to be.

Hope this someone here
25th May 2011, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,428

23,044 posts
Pretty much as is and as has been reported .
Two warranty suppliers one the seller and two Samsung .
Samsung have said in the past that they cover warranty within Europe providing user has receipt from authorized seller .

jje
25th May 2011, 04:17 PM   |  #3  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
My company buys $10MM a year in Samsung TVs. My global account rep checked with the retail electronics group and said it would be serviced at any Samsung repair center worldwide. I'd take that over a shop clerks statement.

Here's an excerpt from the e-mail I received:

In the event that warranty service is required on your Samsung Mobile product and you are located outside of the country where it was originally purchased, the local Samsung entity in the foriegn countries listed below may be able to provide you with warranty service (labor or parts) during your warranty period.

Any warranty services rendered shall be in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the Samsung Mobile Products Limited Warranty. Warranty services performed outside the country of purchase may take longer if parts are needed to repair.
25th May 2011, 05:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4,428

23,044 posts
Samsung posted a reply to a consumer and that was the basis of my statement regarding warranty in Europe .

So one part of Samsung differers with another .
Personally if its an international model i would expect warranty to be covered worldwide .

Buy one from Europe break it take it to Samsung USA service centre will be the test .

jje
25th May 2011, 05:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Buy one from Europe break it take it to Samsung USA service centre will be the test .

jje

So true. That's the only real test. Personally, I'd rather not be first.
25th May 2011, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 535

4,006 posts
More
I was sending tweets to @galaxyssupport and they wouldn't give me the time of day. Referred me to SamsungUK as "its not a US market phone." SamsungUK has yet to repsond to me. That was a few days ago.....
9th June 2011, 08:29 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 118

464 posts
Anybody have updated info on this? I bought from Expansys and would like to know who I would talk to regarding a warranty covered issue. Thanks.
13th July 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwein

Anybody have updated info on this? I bought from Expansys and would like to know who I would talk to regarding a warranty covered issue. Thanks.

What is the issue you are having? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one from Expansys.

Thanks
13th July 2011, 08:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Not sure if this is helpful, but I bought from Handtec, had to return it for replacement (screen issue diff from ring or yellow). They shipped back using Royal mail, took forever b/c of the Canada post lockout.

The point is shipping back and forth for issues on a phone that seemed to have a propensity for initial quality errors, could get expensive.
13th July 2011, 08:50 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 23

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benivolent

The point is shipping back and forth for issues on a phone that seemed to have a propensity for initial quality errors, could get expensive.

How much did it cost and how long to did it take befoe you had a working phone again?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread