Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

gorilla glass scratches ??? YES!

Tip us?

mojojuju
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default gorilla glass scratches ??? YES!

Well i stratched mine ... actually my wife did. She picked a few shells from the beatch thru them in the bag where my phone was. Next thing that damn screen had scratches on it

Next day went and bought creen protector. I hate that because even if the screen is unbreakable, you can scratch it.

I do think that in normal use, that won;t happen but you you have a wife that loves sand ... and shells ... take care and good luck. I believe that sand will scratch that screen.
HTC Diamond on Gen.Y rom

HTC Desire InsertCoin HD Port 1.8f by baadnewz

Samsung Galaxy S stock

AI IZ

Bajo76
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I would kill my wife

HTC Blackstone, Iphone 3gs, HTC Hero, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Ipad Mini, Asus Transformer TF300t, Xiaomi MI2, Galaxy S4 i9505, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to Bajo76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p00kienrayray
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Gorilla glass is not unscratchable or unbreakable. Its advertised as stronger and less likely to scratch, but how much more stronger and scratch durable? My dell streak's gorilla glass shattered from a 3 foot faceplant. Granted it has a bigger surface area, it still shouldn't have shattered.

I never remove the factory screen cover until I have a skinomi or other type of protector ready to install.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Intratech
Old
Thanks Meter 4,505

DONATE TO ME
Your wife is blonde?
Need official GT-I9100 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
Need official GT-I9300 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969

I don't want to help and provide tech support by PM. Please post on the forum so everyone can learn from each other

[/CENTER]

vimto25
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
I take care of mine and only yesturday i noticed quite a few small scratchs so time for a screen protector,

haghdk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Damn... The least you can ask for is a blo.... eh... a cold beer everyday for the next month :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to haghdk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

godutch
Old
(Last edited by godutch; 14th June 2011 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 227
Luckily I learned that lesson on my lg arena

tolis626
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Sand particles will scratch Gorilla glass.They are unprocessed glass after all! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to tolis626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,151
There's also been three reported screen fractures. Two from falls, one from sitting on it. So it's definitely not unbreakable. I've got a Zagg Invisible Shield full body suit on mine. As far as encasing your phone in vinyl goes, it looks pretty good. It's dead if I drop it but at least it will die pretty.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

lynxboy
Old
Thanks Meter 326
I stopped using screen protectors when I got a DHD and never had any scratches on it, nor have I on my SGS2. That said, I treat the phone like it's my baby! I suppose accidents can happen to anyone though.

Regards.