[Guide] Alternate to Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi Network for your Android Device

OP Harsha Raj

24th November 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 3

1 posts
I've created a GUI solution to your method. It is lightweight (less than 200kb) and works only with a click
Download : sdrv.ms/TmzOfU
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggfairy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Themer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 290

627 posts
More
THANX a ton brol... was finding something which cud do this...which cud make a network of my own without use of 3rd party app...... coz i really dont like connectify which was kinda buggy a lota times.... thanx a lot bro... nice guide and it works for non anddroid fones too.... ....
26th November 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,234

4,235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggfairy

I've created a GUI solution to your method. It is lightweight (less than 200kb) and works only with a click
Download : sdrv.ms/TmzOfU

Thank you. Yet to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarrun

THANX a ton brol... was finding something which cud do this...which cud make a network of my own without use of 3rd party app...... coz i really dont like connectify which was kinda buggy a lota times.... thanx a lot bro... nice guide and it works for non anddroid fones too.... ....

Well yes. The virtual wifi which you create is just like any router. So anything that has a wifi receiver can connect to it :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
27th November 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Themer
Flag Mumbai

627 posts
More
yesterday i ws figuring out how to make an automatic or kinda one click on off for the wifi hotspot coz typing the command each time is hectic. so i made 2 .bat(batch) files with command for starting wifi ap and other for stopping. but just now i saw theres a person who has made an app for it....thanx to him and u ...coz its really helpfull.
27th November 2012, 10:01 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 160

343 posts
i was able to create the virtual AP using the steps provided by the OP. However, my phone will pass authentication, will show obtaining IP address and then it won't connect. Then the status will show as Saved, Secured. It will reconnect and then a message will appear the says "Attention! network disabled. Poor connection."

anyone has any ideas how to fix this?
Last edited by peekeesh; 27th November 2012 at 10:19 PM.
28th November 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

4,235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekeesh

i was able to create the virtual AP using the steps provided by the OP. However, my phone will pass authentication, will show obtaining IP address and then it won't connect. Then the status will show as Saved, Secured. It will reconnect and then a message will appear the says "Attention! network disabled. Poor connection."

anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

Well looks like the device is having problem in taking the IP address. You sure have shared the internet from LAN properties?

1. Make sure that virtual wifi adapter created has an IP address. System automatically sets it to 192.168.137.1.

2. You can try is try setting the IP address manually in your S2 to 192.168.137.xxx, anything except 192.168. 137.1 and xxx can't be greater than 225.

Now this would skip the" obtaining IP address" when connecting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harsha Raj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member

4,235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarrun

yesterday i ws figuring out how to make an automatic or kinda one click on off for the wifi hotspot coz typing the command each time is hectic. so i made 2 .bat(batch) files with command for starting wifi ap and other for stopping. but just now i saw theres a person who has made an app for it....thanx to him and u ...coz its really helpfull.

Thank you. I will to try it out once and add it to OP.

28th November 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 160

343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj

Well looks like the device is having problem in taking the IP address. You sure have shared the internet from LAN properties?

1. Make sure that virtual wifi adapter created has an IP address. System automatically sets it to 192.168.137.1.

2. You can try is try setting the IP address manually in your S2 to 192.168.137.xxx, anything except 192.168. 137.1 and xxx can't be greater than 225.

Now this would skip the" obtaining IP address" when connecting.

I tried setting static IP but still it didn't work. But i managed to get it to work by uninstalling Dell Wireless Lan utility and re-installing the wifi driver. I'm thinking Dell utility is not compatible with it and it's causing it to not work properly. Anyway, it's all good now so thank you!

To all those who use Dell laptops with Dell Wireless 1540 wifi card and can't get virtual AP to work, you can try doing what I did.
Last edited by peekeesh; 28th November 2012 at 10:05 PM.
29th November 2012, 01:47 PM   |  #29  
Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 46

286 posts
More
Connectify does this in 1 step
29th November 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #30  
Recognized Themer
Flag Mumbai

627 posts
More