5,604,730 Members 32,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [UPDATED] Dual Booting on KitKat ROM's [NOOB Friendly] [GT-I9100]

Tip us?

koolkunz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Hi guys....the kernel got updated to cwm 6.0.4.7 which is KitKat compatible... so now no need to apply patches...I'll be updating the guide soon

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to koolkunz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koolkunz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Updated the thread...now its even easier to dual boot kitkat roms
The Following User Says Thank You to koolkunz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fr3ddyZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Dual booting with this thread is really easy, thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Fr3ddyZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koolkunz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3ddyZ View Post
Dual booting with this thread is really easy, thank you
Glad to help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koolkunz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zot71
Old
(Last edited by zot71; 17th March 2014 at 09:27 PM.) Reason: wrong thread
Thanks Meter 0
-- sorry, wrong thread, i don't know how to delete my post, sorry again ---

TimAnd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Do all custom ROMs (CM or AOSP) already support dual boot in versions 4.3 or 4.4? Do they create /data/data_sec...or similar (/data_sec_rom, /system_sec_rom or whatever) during the installation?

In my case: if I copy CM 10.2 from the second rom to the first rom, will both still work? I'd like to upgrade to CM 11 in the first rom. Now that Dorimanx has proper CWMR I hope it can be done easily.
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
ROM - dualboot: ICS Stock & MIUI -> JB Omega & MIUI -> 4.1 Omega v.24 & 4.3 CM v.10.2 -> 4.1 Omega v.24 & 4.4 CM v.11
Kernel: Siyah -> DorimanX

koolkunz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAnd View Post
Do all custom ROMs (CM or AOSP) already support dual boot in versions 4.3 or 4.4? Do they create /data/data_sec...or similar (/data_sec_rom, /system_sec_rom or whatever) during the installation?

In my case: if I copy CM 10.2 from the second rom to the first rom, will both still work? I'd like to upgrade to CM 11 in the first rom. Now that Dorimanx has proper CWMR I hope it can be done easily.
yes both should word...and then you can upgrade your main rom to cm 11 and use cm 11 and cm 10.2 as dual boot

TimAnd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Sorry, I have another option:
if I continue with DorimanX 8 (it has CWMR 6.0.4.7) and simply upgrade my CM 10.2 from the second rom to CM 11, will it just work (I keep stock 4.1.2 in the first ROM)?
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
ROM - dualboot: ICS Stock & MIUI -> JB Omega & MIUI -> 4.1 Omega v.24 & 4.3 CM v.10.2 -> 4.1 Omega v.24 & 4.4 CM v.11
Kernel: Siyah -> DorimanX

koolkunz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAnd View Post
Sorry, I have another option:
if I continue with DorimanX 8 (it has CWMR 6.0.4.7) and simply upgrade my CM 10.2 from the second rom to CM 11, will it just work (I keep stock 4.1.2 in the first ROM)?
yes it will work

jenson_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
great, this will help me, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jenson_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
dual boot, kitkat, s ii gt-i9100