XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [UPDATED] Dual Booting on KitKat ROM's [NOOB Friendly] [GT-I9100]

Tip us?

Lizzy1965
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Dual Booting KitKat ROM's

@koolkunz

Tkanks for the very helpful guide. It is as it is written very well for beginners like me.
So everyone can cope with it.

Greetings
Lizzy1965
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzy1965 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TimAnd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAnd View Post
Sorry, I have another option:
if I continue with DorimanX 8 (it has CWMR 6.0.4.7) and simply upgrade my CM 10.2 from the second rom to CM 11, will it just work (I keep stock 4.1.2 in the first ROM)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
yes it will work
Not correct. It didn't work until I applied maliv2 patch to KK ROM. Thank you anyway, that's beyond this thread.
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
ROM - dualboot: ICS Stock & MIUI -> JB Omega & MIUI -> 4.1 Omega v.24 & 4.3 CM v.10.2 -> 4.1 Omega v.24 & 4.4 CM v.11
Kernel: Siyah -> DorimanX
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimAnd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Troubadour666
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3791
Mali v2 is needed in kk rom when we use dorimanx branch 8 to dualboot roms. That mean we have at least , one 4.1.2 rom in our dualboot. If not, we use branch 10

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
DualBoot Method INSIDE 4.1.2/4.4.2
open your eyes or clear them to read yellow color, decrypt and CLICK below
Some friend called me "MASTER OF DUALBOOT" so what
DorimanX 8.43v76 or new @stanTRC recovery (WTF!)
we need each other ! and YES i'm flash addict, so WHAT ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troubadour666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koolkunz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubadour666 View Post
Mali v2 is needed in kk rom when we use dorimanx branch 8 to dualboot roms. That mean we have at least , one 4.1.2 rom in our dualboot. If not, we use branch 10

sorry for the mistake guys..i have never tried stock with dual boot..

marjune23
Old
Thanks Meter 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAnd View Post
Not correct. It didn't work until I applied maliv2 patch to KK ROM. Thank you anyway, that's beyond this thread.
if you're looking for a dualboot thread that will let stock 4.1.2 with other rom, check my siggy mate...it says NeatRom but it will work also for other rom...just replaced the NeatRom name from my procedure by the name of the Rom you want to install...

Or check @nik60's siggy for other procedure...

Quote:

oh yeah Dualboot/aroma master is here...you're everywhere mate...
Thanks a big for being there for us always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
sorry for the mistake guys..i have never tried stock with dual boot..
It's ok mate...nobody is perfect...so chill...

A lesson learned here is, be careful with the answers we provide for the users...
Specially if we're not sure of our answer...

My tapatalk Signature
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marjune23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Chill
Old
Thanks Meter 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjune23 View Post

It's ok mate...nobody is perfect...so chill...

A lesson learned here is, be careful with the answers we provide for the users...
Specially if we're not sure of our answer...

My tapatalk Signature

Yeah. Just Chill.

Device : GT-I9100 SlimKat 4.4.2 & JB 4.1.2
1st Rom : [AOSP] NeatROM v4.2
2nd Rom [XWMS3]NeatROM Lite v5.9

- C h i | |
The Following User Says Thank You to -Chill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

areynoldsnz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

So in order to dualboot like you are with Samsung based 4.1.2 as primary ROM, and CM11 KitKat as Secondary Rom we have to apply the Maliv2 patch to the Secondary ROM? And must use Dorimanx branch 8. Is that right?
The Following User Says Thank You to areynoldsnz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marjune23
Old
Thanks Meter 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by areynoldsnz View Post
So in order to dualboot like you are with Samsung based 4.1.2 as primary ROM, and CM11 KitKat as Secondary Rom we have to apply the Maliv2 patch to the Secondary ROM? And must use Dorimanx branch 8. Is that right?
Exactly

My tapatalk Signature
The Following User Says Thank You to marjune23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sadhan2014
Old
Thanks Meter 13
thank you, hope it works for me
The Following User Says Thank You to sadhan2014 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

banjara
Old
(Last edited by banjara; Yesterday at 03:21 PM.) Reason: whatsapp worked too ;)
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for the guide with easy steps.

I am on Cyanfox KK Rom and I flashed Dori 10.43xxx. I tried Ehndroix and C-Rom installations on secondary Roms but somehow it never booted to the secondary Roms. It was either stuch at the Dori main screen or even if it passed that screen, it did not boot the 2nd Rom.

Then I tried cloning the 1st rom to 2nd rom and it worked well. Could boot to 2nd rom and make calls and stuff.

Finally I tried to install another Rom, this time AOSB (from Sooti) and it worked.
Any guess what I might have done the first 2 times? AFAIK, I followed the exact same steps all 3 times (with 3 different Roms) but only the AOSB could boot as a 2nd Rom.

EDIT: Whoa! Just tried your whatsapp trick and it worked. Really appreciate your efforts in coming up with this guide dude.

Tags
dual boot, kitkat, s ii gt-i9100