Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [UPDATED] Dual Booting on KitKat ROM's [NOOB Friendly] [GT-I9100]

Tip us?
 
bhavstech
Old
#91  
bhavstech's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 741
Join Date: Aug 2013
Can cm11 and a sammy rom be dual booted if yes then which of them should be primary
?
If i helped you ,you know where the Thanks button is!
 
Troubadour666
Old
#92  
Troubadour666's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4770
Posts: 2,066
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 43.7031 - 7.2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech View Post
Can cm11 and a sammy rom be dual booted if yes then which of them should be primary
?
I vote for 4.1.2 as 1rst ROM.
Thnks
DualBoot Method INSIDE 4.1.2/4.4.2
open your eyes or clear them to read yellow color, decrypt and CLICK below
Some friend called me "MASTER OF DUALBOOT" so what
DorimanX 8.43v76 or new @stanTRC recovery (WTF!)
we need each other ! and YES i'm flash addict, so WHAT ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Troubadour666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
greg285
Old
(Last edited by greg285; 14th May 2014 at 06:29 AM.)
#93  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2012
Hi

Thanks fot those infos will definitively look into this.

Here is my setup :

I'm runnig under rootbox 4.2 with dorimanx kernel 9.43 which will never be updated anymore
...but it is for the moment still my preferred rom

I would like to test some kitkat roms (pa, c-rom for example) as dual boot

would it be possible to have those two roms in dual boot ?
Which order would be the best, KK as first or the stable one as first ?
Is it also possible to restore a nandroid backup (of the rootbox) as rom or do we need to clean everything and restart both roms from scratch ?

Sorry for those questions. Thanks for the help

edit : hummm ok was a bit lazy this morning ^^ ...should probably find my answers trought the pages of this topic
 
koolkunz
Old
#94  
koolkunz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 563
Posts: 537
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg285 View Post
Hi

Thanks fot those infos will definitively look into this.

Here is my setup :

I'm runnig under rootbox 4.2 with dorimanx kernel 9.43 which will never be updated anymore
...but it is for the moment still my preferred rom

I would like to test some kitkat roms (pa, c-rom for example) as dual boot

would it be possible to have those two roms in dual boot ?
Which order would be the best, KK as first or the stable one as first ?
Is it also possible to restore a nandroid backup (of the rootbox) as rom or do we need to clean everything and restart both roms from scratch ?

Sorry for those questions. Thanks for the help

edit : hummm ok was a bit lazy this morning ^^ ...should probably find my answers trought the pages of this topic
yes you can dualboot a kitkat rom with a 4.2 jb rom
you dont need to factory reset your current rom..you can keep it as it is
also you can keep any rom as 1st or 2nd (it doesnt matter)
The Following User Says Thank You to koolkunz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
greg285
Old
#95  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
yes you can dualboot a kitkat rom with a 4.2 jb rom
you dont need to factory reset your current rom..you can keep it as it is
also you can keep any rom as 1st or 2nd (it doesnt matter)
Hi,

So if i folow you right i can start at step 5 ? (assuming i flashed the KK recovery before) and start flashing the 2nd rom
This will leave my actual rom as it is and as 1st rom and give me the possibility to flash whatever rom i want as 2nd ?

5) Flash Dorimanx v10.43.xx Kernel you downloaded earlier
6) Go to advanced in CWM recovery and Reboot Recovery
7) Go to dual boot options in new CWM and select Wipe 2nd ROM data/cache (takes 5-10 minutes)
8) Then select Wipe 2nd ROM dalvik-cache
9) After that Install 2nd ROM from Internal SD card or External SD card and flash the 2nd ROM.
10) Reboot System and Enjoy
 
greg285
Old
(Last edited by greg285; 16th May 2014 at 09:52 PM.)
#96  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg285 View Post
Hi,

So if i folow you right i can start at step 5 ? (assuming i flashed the KK recovery before) and start flashing the 2nd rom
This will leave my actual rom as it is and as 1st rom and give me the possibility to flash whatever rom i want as 2nd ?

5) Flash Dorimanx v10.43.xx Kernel you downloaded earlier
6) Go to advanced in CWM recovery and Reboot Recovery
7) Go to dual boot options in new CWM and select Wipe 2nd ROM data/cache (takes 5-10 minutes)
8) Then select Wipe 2nd ROM dalvik-cache
9) After that Install 2nd ROM from Internal SD card or External SD card and flash the 2nd ROM.
10) Reboot System and Enjoy
Ok i started and i ran into some issues
...impossible to boot the 1st rom (i think this is due to the 10.43 kernel) i get the dorimanx start page and then the phone turns off
second rom is booting fine

Any ideas ?

edit : ok i reflashed my nandroid backup and now i able to boot the first rom again but i went back to 9.43 kernel... Now second rom refuses to boot ^^ (not so dramatic for the moment)
 
tiuro
Old
#97  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2013
Hi Everyone

I'm currently running SlimKat KK on Dorimanx 10.43 ver. 113.
I would like to try a second ROM which is SlimKat Reborn 4.3.1.

Can I just flash Reborn as the second one or I have to do something like downgrade Dorimanx, flash some patch or some version of Mali driver?

How can I get back to just one ROM? For example if in the future I would like to change kernel for Apolo for my main ROM SlimKat KK. Does nandroid backup will work and will restore backup from today or I would have to do a clean install after everyone wiped?

thank you!

Tags
dual boot, kitkat, s ii gt-i9100
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes