DorimanX Stweaks Guide for the S2
Updated: 13/01/16

Logo.png

Picture from DorimanX website​

Guides:​

Which version to get?
So all goes like this:

Unofficial builds by gsstudios - Development stopped in 2016

12.x support = 5.1.x, 6.0.1 maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 12.0 by gsstudios - ROMS include Cyanogenmod 13, Cyanogenmod 12.1
11.x support = 5.1.x maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 11.0 by gsstudios - ROMS include Cyanogenmod 12.1
10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 10.45 by gsstudios - ROMS include Slimsaber 4.4.4, SlimKK, CM11, Omni 4.4
9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 9.45 by gsstudios - ROMS include CM10.1.3
8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.45 by gsstudios - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Unofficial builds by chhapil - Development stopped in 2016

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.47 by chhapil - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Unofficial builds by GreekDragon - Development stopped in 2016

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.70 by GreekDragon - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Unofficial builds by Cybernetus and Computoncio- Development stopped in 2014
All unofficial kernels support 4.4.y ROMS!

10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 10.44 v008 by Cybernetus - ROMS include Slimsaber 4.4.4, SlimKK, CM11, Omni 4.4
9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 9.44 v005 by Computoncio - ROMS include CM10.1.3
8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.44 v005 by Computoncio - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Official - Development stopped in 2013

9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 9.43 - ROMS include CM10.1.2
8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 8.43 - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2
7.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y maliv1 only! LATEST: DorimanX 7.46 - ROMS include Stock 4.0.x, leaked 4.1.2
5.x support = 4.0.y, 4.1.2 no mali only! LATEST: DorimanX 5.92 - ROMS include Stock 4.0.x

mali = video driver (for new users that dont care to look for answers)
STOCK = Stock 4.1.2 Jellybean Update for s2

I've complete the basic guide on Stweaks. Now I have to start on the advanced guide!

I was looking at other device threads when I noticed that there was no guide explaining all of the things you can do in dorimanx. There were guides on how to tune other kernels but NOT dorimanX. This is well needed thread that is long overdue and should have been created ages ago. So please, be patient.

Changelog:

13/01/16:
- Added GreekDragon DorimanX JB builds into kernel list

05/05/15:
- Added a troubleshooting guide on dorimanx kernel and stweaks
- Improved kernel version guide (Added examples of ROMs)

26/04/15:
- Officially finished basic guide on Stweaks
- Overhaul of OP (Now there's a guide on what version to use)

25/04/15:
- Unofficially finished basic guide on Stweaks

Last edited:

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Installation
I won't include a guide on how to root your phone or how to put the kernel onto your phone. I assume you already know how to root your phone.

Picture coming soon

Step 1:
Reboot your phone to recovery
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-24-26.png

Step 2
Select install zip
IMG_20150420_201045.jpg

Step 3
Select the storage location
IMG_20150420_201102.jpg

Step 4
Find DorimanX kernel zip
IMG_20150420_201140.jpg

Step 5
Confirm to flash
IMG_20150420_201214.jpg

Step 6
Let it finish flashing
IMG_20150420_201223.jpg

Step 7
Reboot your phone to system
IMG_20150420_201237.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Initial Setup

When your phone is rebooting, you'll notice a loading bar under your phone's logo and then this screen will pop up:
IMG_20150420_195927.jpg

No need to worry as that is the DorimanX boot/splash screen. If your phone can get past this and boot into your OS, congratulations. DorimanX has been successfully installed.

To double check if your kernel has changed, go to your phone's settings, about phone. Then scroll down until you see something similar to this:
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-26-52.png

Now lets go to the app drawer. You will see an app called Stweaks. This is the app you want to tweak DorimanX kernel.
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-47-55.png

Here is how the app looks like. It may be complicated for beginners but I will guide you through how to use it
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-01-22.png

Last edited:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Stweaks Basics
Note: This is the i9100 version of dorimanx stweaks. I will not make a guide for the newer dorimanx stweaks app since I don't have the LG G2! However, if someone can provide screenshots, I'm sure I can do something about it!

CPU

Boot CPU frequency:
The CPU frequency that your phone will run at while booting or at startup. Increase this for faster boot speed, decrease for better battery life and stability.
My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults

Boost CPU frequency:
The CPU frequency that your phone will run whenever there is a sharp increase in CPU load. Increase this for faster responsiveness, decrease for better battery life. Please note that you can't set this value higher than the max cpu frequency. It's COMMON-SENSE!

Max Normal Frequency:
The CPU frequency that your phone will run before going to max frequency. This won't do much to your phone's CPU frequency, so it's best to leave it to defaults unless underclocking.

Max OC Frequency:
The overall max CPU frequency your phone will run at. Increase this for better responsiveness and processing speed, decrease if you want better battery life.
My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults unless you want to overclock or underclock

Min Frequency:
The minimum CPU frequency your phone will run at. Increase this for better responsiveness and processing speed, decrease if you want better battery life.
My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults unless you want to overclock or underclock

CPU-VOLTAGE
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-01-31.png

This section of Stweaks allow you to undervolt and overvolt your CPU. Please note that undervolting (UV) your CPU will decrease phone stability if set too low, whereas overvolting (OV) will decrease your CPU's lifespan and generate more heat.

CPU Voltage main switch:
Ticking this enables set CPU voltages. If your phone reboots from instability, stweaks will most likely be resetted to protect your phone from any further problems.

Check CPU Voltage Group:
Using this button checks what CPU voltage group your CPU is using. The Galaxy S2 has 5 different CPU types around the world, the most common is number 3 and the most stable is number 4 and 5. Number 2 and 1 are old CPU types and need more voltage to be stable. If your CPU type is 1 or 2, don't UV much otherwise you'll get SODs. Remember that the higher the number, the more undervolt you can apply on your CPU. If you are downloading someone else's profile and they have a different CPU voltage type, try to avoid using it. Higher voltage require higher voltages to be stable, but at the cost of heat and battery life. Please be careful if you are considering to overclock your CPU!

If you want to undervolt, here are some safe voltages you can set (see link below), just set the sliders to the same voltages for the corresponding frequencies:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MlV6Tbfo_7_QEUnTkfpdioSSPSDSWPJLRxL8Z00A8yA/edit?usp=sharing

CPU-TUNING (AWAKE)
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-02-42.png

Default CPU governor:
The default CPU governor when your phone is awake (screen is on). DorimanX kernel by default gives users an option to change to various governors such as HYPER, Ondemand and NeoX. Changing this will affect your phone's responsiveness and multitasking performance. For more information about governors, visit my guide: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957
My Recommendation: The default governor (HYPER for the i9100) is responsive and stable for everyday usage, you can change it if your want.

Hotplug_Enable:
The hotplugging governor for your phone. You can choose from Alucard hotplug, Intellihotplug, enabled auto and disabled.
My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults. Enabled Auto setting will select the best hotplugging governor for your device.

Gov Policy Install:
This applies all the changes to the CPU governor settings and tunables. It is required by the user to press this if they want to keep the CPU settings.

Up Threshold:
Measured as percentage, when load on CPU is equal or above this threshold, your CPU will scale up.
Lower value = early scale up, and vice versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, Intellidemand, PegasusQ, Conservative, Sleepy and zzmanX)
Default value = 60%
My Recommendation: Change it to 70% for better balance between battery life while keeping good performance.

Up Threshold at min freq sleep:
This threshold is used as up threshold while sampling rate is at frequencies less than freq_for_responsiveness. Above that, normal up_threshold is used.
Lower value = early scale up, and vice versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, PegasusQ)
Default value = 50%
My Recommendation: Leave to defaults

Sampling rate sleep:
This factor determines how often the governor should poll for CPU usage in terms of frequency and load percentage to make scaling decisions.
Lower value = early scale up, and vice versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, Intellidemand, PegasusQ, Conservative, Nightmare, Darkness Sleepy and zzmanX)
Default value = 60000uS

Freq for responsiveness sleep
Long story short, this is setting is the frequency before the CPU goes to lower frequencies. It prevents any lag spikes from happening.
Lower value = More battery life, but more lags! (Applies only to HYPER, PegasusQ and Nightmare)
Default value = 400000kHz

Down threshold sleep:
This is the same as the up_threshold but for the opposite direction.
Lower value = Frequencies reduced faster, and vise versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, Intellidemand, PegasusQ, Conservative, Nightmare, Darkness Sleepy and zzmanX)
Default value = 30%

CPU-TUNING (SLEEP)
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-08.png

Settings are pretty much the same as the awake CPU governor settings, but there are slight changes to the CPU governor tunables (more info on that later).

Deep-Sleep CPU governor:
The default CPU governor when your phone is in deep sleep or standby (screen is off). DorimanX kernel by default gives users an option to change to various governors such as HYPER, Ondemand and NeoX. Changing this will affect battery life and stability. For more information about governors, visit my guide: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957
My Recommendation: The default governor (Ondemand for the i9100) is responsive and stable for everyday usage, you can change it if your want.

IO
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-17.png

Kilobytes To Read-Ahead:
This only applies to the external sd card. This setting determines the kilobytes to read-ahead for your external sd card. Changing this will affect the transfer speeds to your phone's external sd card.
My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults. Auto setting will select the best setting for your device.

Default Awake IO scheduler:
This will set the default IO scheduler when your phone is awake (screen-on). There are many IO schedulers included with dorimanX kernels such as SIO, ZEN, BFQ and CFQ. Changing this will affect transfer speeds, phone responsiveness and load times. For more information about IO schedulers, visit my guide here: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957
My Recommendation: You can leave it to the default IO scheduler. I'm sure that the scheduler dorimanX chooses is stable, so if you don't know much about IO schedulers, leave it to defaults. However, I do recommend changing it to a simpler scheduler such as SIO and ZEN which have low overheads and less IO lantency.

Standby and Deepsleep IO scheduler:
The default IO scheduler when your phone is on standby or in deepsleep (screen off).
My Recommendation: Keep it the same as the awake IO scheduler. You can make it different from the awake scheduler if you really want to (but I don't recommend this).

Memory
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-23.png

AUTO OOM
Stands for Automatic low memory management, this allows the low memory management settings to be applied automatically or to take effect on your phone.
Default: Ticked
My Recommendation: Keep it ticked.

OOM Level Screen ON
The setting for the level of low memory management when screen is on. More aggressive settings leads to more free RAM but more killed apps.
Default: Aggressive
My Recommendation: Change it to medium as I believe it's the sweet spot for our phone.

OOM Level Screen OFF
The setting for the level of low memory management when screen is off. Same scenario applies where more aggressive settings leads to more free RAM but more killed apps.
Default: Medium
My Recommendation: Leave to defaults.

GPU
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-31.png

VPLL MODE
Ticking this box allows users to overclock the gpu even further than the default allowed frequencies. Please note that higher frequencies need more voltage, but there is the risk of damaging your GPU if too excessive.
Default: Unticked
My Recommendation: Keep this unticked. This settings is for the advanced overclockers and and tweakaholics. It is too risky keeping this enabled

GPU utilization timeout
This settings changes the CPU utilization timeout calculation. Basically this tunes the ramp up aggresiveness for the GPU, much like the CPU thresholds. Smaller values give faster GPU response but more battery drainage and vice versa.
Default: 400MSec
My Recommendation: Keep to default value.

GPU frequency steps
Dorimanx Kernel includes 5 GPU steps. These steps allow the GPU to scale frequencies efficiently and is originally made to save battery when not busy.
My Recommendation: Keep to default values unless you want to overclock.

GPU voltage steps
Complementing the frequencies, these settings are the GPU voltages for each step. Much like CPU voltages, settings these values too high will result in damage to the GPU, while not having enough voltage will result in instability.

Screen
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-46.png

Min BL
Stands for minimum brightness level. Higher value will result in staying in the lowest brightness level for brighter conditions.
Default: 30
My Recommendation: Keep to default values.

Min Gamma
The setting to adjust minimum brightness level.
Default: 1

Max Gamma
Default: 23

Other settings will be explained in advanced guide!

Sound
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-51.png

Headphone Amplifier:
This setting allows you to adjust the headphone amplification level. Increase this if you want your headphones to sound louder.
My Recommendation: Keep to Disabled or Reset unless you want to boost headphone volume. I don't really recommend increasing this value.

Volume levels and Gain Controls:
These settings should be pretty straightforward, they're clearly labeled. Increase these values to boost the recording/playback volumes.
My Recommendation: Keep values to 0dB unless you want to boost headphone volume. I don't personally increase these values.

BLN
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-55.png

BLN stands for Backlight notification, meaning that your phone's buttons will light up whenever your phone gets a notification.

BLN
Tick it to enable Backlight notification. Please note that BLN will increase your phone's battery drainage when enabled.
My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. Enable it if you want to.

BLN effect
This setting will set LED behavior for BLN, if BLNWW (BLN without wakelock, without getting CPU out of deep sleep) is on, the effect can only be steady. Options include steady, breathing and blinking.

Notification Timeout
This setting determines how long the Backlight Notification will stay on for. Time ranges from never to 2 hours.
My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. But keeping it to a shorter value will save you battery.

Force LEDS disabled
The title says it all, forces your touch LEDs off if enabled.
My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. Change the settings if you need this function

LED Timeout
This setting determines how long your phone's touch LEDs will light up when touched or when using touch screen.
Default value = 3 sec
My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. Change the settings if you need this function

BLNWW
BLN Without Wakelock. This is a more battery efficient BLN but has less features than normal BLN. Enabling this (while BLN is also enabled) will let the CPU continue to sleep during BLN and save battery.
Default value = Ticked
My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. Tick the setting if you need this function

The rest of the BLN settings should be pretty straightforward :)

Other
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-01.png

DorimanX has included scripts in his kernel that can optimize the phone by during certain conditions(time) or they can be applied straight away. The settings should be well explained anyway or straightforward.

Cron task main switch
Enable this to enable all set tasks. You need to enable this otherwise the set tasks will not be done!
My Recommendation: I don't personally enable Cron. Tick the setting if you need this function

Cron task main switch
Press this to test if the Cron task service is online or not. If the service is offline and you've enabled cron, the your ROM needs to be updated. (Busybox out of date)

Cron reset
Press this button to reset the scripts and jobs from kernel and to refresh the configuration. This will clear all your custom changes.

Tweaks
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-05.png

Cortexbrain is a script created by DorimanX that can manipulate many kernel settings based on chosen Stweaks profiles and settings and on screen state. It is so useful that the kernel enables it as default.

Cortexbrain-Background-Process
Enables or Disables the Cortexbrain background process.
Default: Enabled
My Recommendation: Leave it to enabled!

Check Background-Process
Checkes whether the Cortexbrain background process is running or not.

Android logger control
Controls what you can see in android logcat.
Default: AUTO
My Recommendation: Leave it to AUTO!

Modules will covered in advanced guide

Profiles
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-16.png

Here is the menu you want to manage all of the custom profiles available on stweaks

Profile Check:
Checks what profile you are currently running. By default, dorimanX kernel uses the default profile, and all changes will be saved there.

Profiles:
Include:
- Extreme battery
- Battery
- Default (Default)
- Performance
- Extreme Performance

I don't recommend uses the other profiles since they are outdated or can be further optimized.

Backup or Restore
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-21.png

This section allows users to backup and restore the settings in stweaks. It will take approximately 30secs for stweaks to restore user settings. The app will restart and the values should all be restored.

Settings Backup
Press this button to backup your stweaks settings. The settings will be saved in the internal sd card on your phone and will be called default.profile.backup. You can open this file in notepad or wordpad to edit settings externally

Settings Restore
Press this button to restore your stweaks settings. Read the description of the section about how long to wait and app behavior.

Dualboot
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-25.png

This section allow you to reboot your phone in several ways. DorimanX kernel supports dualbooting, and you can boot into 2 different roms during the boot process or via app. In order to boot into 2nd rom, the 2nd rom needs to be installed first. To install second rom, go into recovery and dualboot settings. The buttongs should be straightforward here :)

Bug-Report
Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-12-34.png

Allows users to report any stweak/kernel specific bugs. Pressing this button will create a log file on your internal sd card which can be used to diagnose any kernel problems.

Partitition Status
Use this button to check your phone's partitions for errors (data, system, cache, efs and preload). This will NOT fix any errors, it will just check. To fix, backup your files with a backup app or making a nandroid backup (backup via recovery), then press the data and cache fix button located in the OTHER tab. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK SOME DATA MAY BE LOST DURING THE FIXING PROCESS! If there's any broken apps, reinstall them. If you get bootloop, reinstall rom. If you are stuck on boot, wipe phone than install rom. If it says your partitions are CLEAN, your partitions should have no errors. Usually if your partitions has errors, the stock browser will pop up saying that your partitions need to be fixed.

Kernel-Update
Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-12-42.png

Allows to check of updates. Again this feature doesn't work properly anymore. And so ignore the message saying that there is a newer version of the kernel!

Extras
Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-12-47.png

Gives info about your phone. That's about it!

For now, I will be taking a break. Wait to tomorrow for more info! ;)

Last edited:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
The following settings only apply to my personal dorimanx builds
Other
attachment.php

TCP algorithm
Congestion control strategies (or algorithms) are used by TCP, the data transmission protocol used by many Internet applications. The main goal of a TCP algorithm is to avoid sending more data than the network is capable of transmitting, that is, to avoid causing network congestion. Different algorithms respond differently to network loads, but they are all based on the same principle of avoiding network congestion.

This setting allows you to choose what TCP algorithm should be used for internet transmission. Changing this will result in changes to latency and download speeds (differences are marginal or hard to measure).

My Recommendation: Use Westwood or Cubic as they are the most reliable and best for performance.

Last edited:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Troubleshooting
This is the troubleshooting section of the guide. It is important that you read this first before blaming anyone else. Remember that in XDA, we are here to help each other.

Phone doesn't boot?
There may be a few cases where after you flash dorimanX kernel, your phone will fail to boot. This is quite a broad problem which has many aspects that may have caused this to occur. The common mistake is people do not read before they flash. THAT IS FINE, EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE. Simply read the post regarding to kernel versions, download the correct version, put it on your phone, then flash the kernel.

If that doesn't work, we can narrow the problem down to the file you've downloaded or the custom recovery. There is chance that the kernel zip you've downloaded is corrupted. If that's the case, download it again. If you have trouble installing a kernel on your phone, flash a kernel .tar file via ODIN. Need a .tar file, have a look at my guide here:

Stweaks doesn't save my settings
Stweaks has safety features that safeguard your phone from any damage, especially from overvolting and overclocking. Because of this, the values will reset to defaults. As frustrating as it is, this is the only way for keeping your phone from its death. There are some cases where Stweaks doesn't even save your settings, this is usually because of the app it misbehaving (aka glitching) or it's because of permission issues. If you face this problem, try reflashing the kernel. Reboot your phone and see if it's working properly. If not, you may have issues with the permissions given to stweaks. Check if you've given root access to stweaks, without root, stweaks is useless.

After installing dorimanX kernel, my battery life has been horrible
If you face battery problems after installing dorimanX kernel, you can revert to a previous backup of your rom and kernel or flash a different kernel. Kernel developers don't intend to make kernels that use a lot of battery life, in fact, it's the opposite. Most issues regarding to battery life is usually caused by the kernel not being able to determine the new setup environment. Give your phone a few charge cycles before you make your judgement! Battery life is usually affected by the combination of both ROM + Kernel, so the combination is very important if you consider battery life!

My phone freezes when screen is off/Freezes when screen switches on
Also known as Sleep Of Death (or SOD), this can occur when a value changed regarding to the CPU or GPU is changed to unstable values. This issue commonly occurs when you undervolt your CPU too low, causing the CPU to be unstable. In a event such as this, force your phone to reboot by removing and re-inserting your phone's battery. After that, Stweaks would have already reset to defaults, removing any further instabilities. If you still consider changing those values, try reduce the amount of the value you are changing.

My phone reports that there is 16 CPU steps. Shouldn't there be less
I won't go too technical in this, but in simple, DorimanX include more than the required CPU frequency steps to allow CPU frequencies to scale efficiently. By samsung default, there is 5 CPU steps. The advantages of having 16 steps is that CPU scaling will be more efficient as the frequencies don't scale up or down too frequently as middle frequencies are used. Also, this allows the user to have more control over the overclocking and voltage capabilities over the CPU. You cannot change the number of steps unless you change the CPU governor to darkness.

Phone is laggy on boot up
Isn't it always the case that your phone is laggy when you first boot up your phone? Your phone needs to load all of the services and startup apps before you can fully use your phone. Give your phone a little patience then enjoy your new experience.

My Setup

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
DorimanX kernel version: 10.44 v008
Max CPU frequency: 1200mhz
Min CPU frequency: 200mhz
Undervolting: -20mV for each step
Awake CPU gov: HYPER
Sleep CPU gov: Ondemand
I/O scheduler: SIO

Last edited:

Twiq

Guide updated on the 21/04/15. Please be patient. I have school work to worry about too. ;)

Good thread, will be very useful to "new" i9100 survivors who's looking for a way to tame one of best custom kernels around..

Just a suggestion, you might want to add informations about CPU Group limitation/compatibility related to OV/UV, as one setting wont fit all..
And also there is no safe voltage guidelines for each groups yet, just incase you wanna go there :)

Last edited:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Good thread, will be very useful to "new" i9100 survivors who's looking for a way to tame one of best custom kernels around..

Just a suggestion, you might want to add informations about CPU Group limitation/compatibility related to OV/UV, as one setting wont fit all..
And also there is no safe voltage guidelines for each groups yet, just incase you wanna go there :)

I'll see what I can do today
Update: Added a few more descriptions. Still busy with school work....

Last edited:
Reactions: Twiq

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
@gsstudios
I recomand u to try to sec cpu thread shold (boost up) higher at 1000 mhz and 1.2 ghz ?
Why ?
I'm using my phone with maximium freq 800 mhz. And it is still smooth and fast. Even in game in which i normally had big heat up and batt drain is smooth. Phone is only laggy when mediascanner is running or app is installing. I'm olso using Live Wall Paper.
And why higher boost up not maximum freq 800 mhz ?
Because if u open app like Asphalt and Real Racing or Facebook [emoji14] phone will go to higher frequences but only when it is important. And imoprtant doesnt mean scrolling through app drawer :D

Wysłane z Cyano-fonika 11 nightly...

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
@gsstudios
I recomand u to try to sec cpu thread shold (boost up) higher at 1000 mhz and 1.2 ghz ?
Why ?
I'm using my phone with maximium freq 800 mhz. And it is still smooth and fast. Even in game in which i normally had big heat up and batt drain is smooth. Phone is only laggy when mediascanner is running or app is installing. I'm olso using Live Wall Paper.
And why higher boost up not maximum freq 800 mhz ?
Because if u open app like Asphalt and Real Racing or Facebook [emoji14] phone will go to higher frequences but only when it is important. And imoprtant doesnt mean scrolling through app drawer :D

Wysłane z Cyano-fonika 11 nightly...

Nice.

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
@gsstudios
I have a little problem.
I have olny toutched setting u told that we can savety touch. And u have a problem. Whan i leave device without touching it , the cpu frequency wont go under 500 mhz. Is that normal ?

Wysłane ze Slim-Saberd-fonika 4.3.1 R powered by DorimanX v008 kernel

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
@gsstudios
I have a little problem.
I have olny toutched setting u told that we can savety touch. And u have a problem. Whan i leave device without touching it , the cpu frequency wont go under 500 mhz. Is that normal ?

What setting was this? Was it the up threshold. Try resetting back to default values to fix problem.

MikiGry

Oct 2, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Gear S3
@gsstudios
Can u post in one od OP post full stock CPU voltages ? I noticed , that STweaks changed my setting a few times (lowerd my CPU freq and staff like that) and now I'm not sure if i have my lower volatages are set or they are resetted to default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DorimanX Stweaks Guide for the S2
    Updated: 13/01/16

Logo.png

Picture from DorimanX website​

Guides:​

Which version to get?
    So all goes like this:

Unofficial builds by gsstudios - Development stopped in 2016

12.x support = 5.1.x, 6.0.1 maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 12.0 by gsstudios - ROMS include Cyanogenmod 13, Cyanogenmod 12.1
    11.x support = 5.1.x maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 11.0 by gsstudios - ROMS include Cyanogenmod 12.1
    10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 10.45 by gsstudios - ROMS include Slimsaber 4.4.4, SlimKK, CM11, Omni 4.4
    9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 9.45 by gsstudios - ROMS include CM10.1.3
    8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.45 by gsstudios - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Unofficial builds by chhapil - Development stopped in 2016

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.47 by chhapil - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Unofficial builds by GreekDragon - Development stopped in 2016

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.70 by GreekDragon - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Unofficial builds by Cybernetus and Computoncio- Development stopped in 2014
    All unofficial kernels support 4.4.y ROMS!

10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only! LATEST: DorimanX 10.44 v008 by Cybernetus - ROMS include Slimsaber 4.4.4, SlimKK, CM11, Omni 4.4
    9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 9.44 v005 by Computoncio - ROMS include CM10.1.3
    8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest! LATEST: DorimanX 8.44 v005 by Computoncio - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2 JB, NeatROM, Omega ROM

Official - Development stopped in 2013

9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 9.43 - ROMS include CM10.1.2
    8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y maliv2 only! LATEST: DorimanX 8.43 - ROMS include Stock 4.1.2
    7.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y maliv1 only! LATEST: DorimanX 7.46 - ROMS include Stock 4.0.x, leaked 4.1.2
    5.x support = 4.0.y, 4.1.2 no mali only! LATEST: DorimanX 5.92 - ROMS include Stock 4.0.x

mali = video driver (for new users that dont care to look for answers)
    STOCK = Stock 4.1.2 Jellybean Update for s2

I've complete the basic guide on Stweaks. Now I have to start on the advanced guide!

I was looking at other device threads when I noticed that there was no guide explaining all of the things you can do in dorimanx. There were guides on how to tune other kernels but NOT dorimanX. This is well needed thread that is long overdue and should have been created ages ago. So please, be patient.

Changelog:

13/01/16:
    - Added GreekDragon DorimanX JB builds into kernel list

05/05/15:
    - Added a troubleshooting guide on dorimanx kernel and stweaks
    - Improved kernel version guide (Added examples of ROMs)

26/04/15:
    - Officially finished basic guide on Stweaks
    - Overhaul of OP (Now there's a guide on what version to use)

25/04/15:
    - Unofficially finished basic guide on Stweaks
    Stweaks Basics
    Note: This is the i9100 version of dorimanx stweaks. I will not make a guide for the newer dorimanx stweaks app since I don't have the LG G2! However, if someone can provide screenshots, I'm sure I can do something about it!

CPU

Boot CPU frequency:
    The CPU frequency that your phone will run at while booting or at startup. Increase this for faster boot speed, decrease for better battery life and stability.

Boost CPU frequency:
    The CPU frequency that your phone will run whenever there is a sharp increase in CPU load. Increase this for faster responsiveness, decrease for better battery life. Please note that you can't set this value higher than the max cpu frequency. It's COMMON-SENSE!

Max Normal Frequency:
    The CPU frequency that your phone will run before going to max frequency. This won't do much to your phone's CPU frequency, so it's best to leave it to defaults unless underclocking.

Max OC Frequency:
    The overall max CPU frequency your phone will run at. Increase this for better responsiveness and processing speed, decrease if you want better battery life.

Min Frequency:
    The minimum CPU frequency your phone will run at. Increase this for better responsiveness and processing speed, decrease if you want better battery life.

CPU-VOLTAGE
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-01-31.png

This section of Stweaks allow you to undervolt and overvolt your CPU. Please note that undervolting (UV) your CPU will decrease phone stability if set too low, whereas overvolting (OV) will decrease your CPU's lifespan and generate more heat.

CPU Voltage main switch:
    Ticking this enables set CPU voltages. If your phone reboots from instability, stweaks will most likely be resetted to protect your phone from any further problems.

Check CPU Voltage Group:
    Using this button checks what CPU voltage group your CPU is using. The Galaxy S2 has 5 different CPU types around the world, the most common is number 3 and the most stable is number 4 and 5. Number 2 and 1 are old CPU types and need more voltage to be stable. If your CPU type is 1 or 2, don't UV much otherwise you'll get SODs. Remember that the higher the number, the more undervolt you can apply on your CPU. If you are downloading someone else's profile and they have a different CPU voltage type, try to avoid using it. Higher voltage require higher voltages to be stable, but at the cost of heat and battery life. Please be careful if you are considering to overclock your CPU!

If you want to undervolt, here are some safe voltages you can set (see link below), just set the sliders to the same voltages for the corresponding frequencies:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MlV6Tbfo_7_QEUnTkfpdioSSPSDSWPJLRxL8Z00A8yA/edit?usp=sharing

CPU-TUNING (AWAKE)
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-02-42.png

Default CPU governor:
    The default CPU governor when your phone is awake (screen is on). DorimanX kernel by default gives users an option to change to various governors such as HYPER, Ondemand and NeoX. Changing this will affect your phone's responsiveness and multitasking performance. For more information about governors, visit my guide: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957
    My Recommendation: The default governor (HYPER for the i9100) is responsive and stable for everyday usage, you can change it if your want.

Hotplug_Enable:
    The hotplugging governor for your phone. You can choose from Alucard hotplug, Intellihotplug, enabled auto and disabled.
    My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults. Enabled Auto setting will select the best hotplugging governor for your device.

Gov Policy Install:
    This applies all the changes to the CPU governor settings and tunables. It is required by the user to press this if they want to keep the CPU settings.

Up Threshold:
    Measured as percentage, when load on CPU is equal or above this threshold, your CPU will scale up.
    Lower value = early scale up, and vice versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, Intellidemand, PegasusQ, Conservative, Sleepy and zzmanX)
    Default value = 60%
    My Recommendation: Change it to 70% for better balance between battery life while keeping good performance.

Up Threshold at min freq sleep:
    This threshold is used as up threshold while sampling rate is at frequencies less than freq_for_responsiveness. Above that, normal up_threshold is used.
    Lower value = early scale up, and vice versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, PegasusQ)
    Default value = 50%

Sampling rate sleep:
    This factor determines how often the governor should poll for CPU usage in terms of frequency and load percentage to make scaling decisions.
    Lower value = early scale up, and vice versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, Intellidemand, PegasusQ, Conservative, Nightmare, Darkness Sleepy and zzmanX)
    Default value = 60000uS

Freq for responsiveness sleep
    Long story short, this is setting is the frequency before the CPU goes to lower frequencies. It prevents any lag spikes from happening.
    Lower value = More battery life, but more lags! (Applies only to HYPER, PegasusQ and Nightmare)
    Default value = 400000kHz

Down threshold sleep:
    This is the same as the up_threshold but for the opposite direction.
    Lower value = Frequencies reduced faster, and vise versa. (Applies only to HYPER, Ondemand, Intellidemand, PegasusQ, Conservative, Nightmare, Darkness Sleepy and zzmanX)
    Default value = 30%

CPU-TUNING (SLEEP)
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-08.png

Settings are pretty much the same as the awake CPU governor settings, but there are slight changes to the CPU governor tunables (more info on that later).

Deep-Sleep CPU governor:
    The default CPU governor when your phone is in deep sleep or standby (screen is off). DorimanX kernel by default gives users an option to change to various governors such as HYPER, Ondemand and NeoX. Changing this will affect battery life and stability. For more information about governors, visit my guide: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957
    My Recommendation: The default governor (Ondemand for the i9100) is responsive and stable for everyday usage, you can change it if your want.

IO
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-17.png

Kilobytes To Read-Ahead:
    This only applies to the external sd card. This setting determines the kilobytes to read-ahead for your external sd card. Changing this will affect the transfer speeds to your phone's external sd card.
    My Recommendation: Leave it to defaults. Auto setting will select the best setting for your device.

Default Awake IO scheduler:
    This will set the default IO scheduler when your phone is awake (screen-on). There are many IO schedulers included with dorimanX kernels such as SIO, ZEN, BFQ and CFQ. Changing this will affect transfer speeds, phone responsiveness and load times. For more information about IO schedulers, visit my guide here: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/ref-to-date-guide-cpu-governors-o-t3048957
    My Recommendation: You can leave it to the default IO scheduler. I'm sure that the scheduler dorimanX chooses is stable, so if you don't know much about IO schedulers, leave it to defaults. However, I do recommend changing it to a simpler scheduler such as SIO and ZEN which have low overheads and less IO lantency.

Standby and Deepsleep IO scheduler:
    The default IO scheduler when your phone is on standby or in deepsleep (screen off).
    My Recommendation: Keep it the same as the awake IO scheduler. You can make it different from the awake scheduler if you really want to (but I don't recommend this).

Memory
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-23.png

AUTO OOM
    Stands for Automatic low memory management, this allows the low memory management settings to be applied automatically or to take effect on your phone.
    Default: Ticked
    My Recommendation: Keep it ticked.

OOM Level Screen ON
    The setting for the level of low memory management when screen is on. More aggressive settings leads to more free RAM but more killed apps.
    Default: Aggressive
    My Recommendation: Change it to medium as I believe it's the sweet spot for our phone.

OOM Level Screen OFF
    The setting for the level of low memory management when screen is off. Same scenario applies where more aggressive settings leads to more free RAM but more killed apps.
    Default: Medium
    My Recommendation: Leave to defaults.

GPU
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-31.png

VPLL MODE
    Ticking this box allows users to overclock the gpu even further than the default allowed frequencies. Please note that higher frequencies need more voltage, but there is the risk of damaging your GPU if too excessive.
    Default: Unticked
    My Recommendation: Keep this unticked. This settings is for the advanced overclockers and and tweakaholics. It is too risky keeping this enabled

GPU utilization timeout
    This settings changes the CPU utilization timeout calculation. Basically this tunes the ramp up aggresiveness for the GPU, much like the CPU thresholds. Smaller values give faster GPU response but more battery drainage and vice versa.
    Default: 400MSec
    My Recommendation: Keep to default value.

GPU frequency steps
    Dorimanx Kernel includes 5 GPU steps. These steps allow the GPU to scale frequencies efficiently and is originally made to save battery when not busy.

GPU voltage steps
    Complementing the frequencies, these settings are the GPU voltages for each step. Much like CPU voltages, settings these values too high will result in damage to the GPU, while not having enough voltage will result in instability.

Screen
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-46.png

Min BL
    Stands for minimum brightness level. Higher value will result in staying in the lowest brightness level for brighter conditions.
    Default: 30

Min Gamma
    Default: 1

Max Gamma
    Default: 23

Other settings will be explained in advanced guide!

Sound
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-51.png

Headphone Amplifier:
    This setting allows you to adjust the headphone amplification level. Increase this if you want your headphones to sound louder.
    My Recommendation: Keep to Disabled or Reset unless you want to boost headphone volume. I don't really recommend increasing this value.

Volume levels and Gain Controls:
    These settings should be pretty straightforward, they're clearly labeled. Increase these values to boost the recording/playback volumes.
    My Recommendation: Keep values to 0dB unless you want to boost headphone volume. I don't personally increase these values.

BLN
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-03-55.png

BLN stands for Backlight notification, meaning that your phone's buttons will light up whenever your phone gets a notification.

BLN
    Tick it to enable Backlight notification. Please note that BLN will increase your phone's battery drainage when enabled.

BLN effect
    This setting will set LED behavior for BLN, if BLNWW (BLN without wakelock, without getting CPU out of deep sleep) is on, the effect can only be steady. Options include steady, breathing and blinking.

Notification Timeout
    This setting determines how long the Backlight Notification will stay on for. Time ranges from never to 2 hours.
    My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. But keeping it to a shorter value will save you battery.

Force LEDS disabled
    The title says it all, forces your touch LEDs off if enabled.

LED Timeout
    This setting determines how long your phone's touch LEDs will light up when touched or when using touch screen.
    Default value = 3 sec

BLNWW
    BLN Without Wakelock. This is a more battery efficient BLN but has less features than normal BLN. Enabling this (while BLN is also enabled) will let the CPU continue to sleep during BLN and save battery.
    Default value = Ticked
    My Recommendation: I don't personally enable BLN. Tick the setting if you need this function

The rest of the BLN settings should be pretty straightforward :)

Other
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-01.png

DorimanX has included scripts in his kernel that can optimize the phone by during certain conditions(time) or they can be applied straight away. The settings should be well explained anyway or straightforward.

Cron task main switch
    Enable this to enable all set tasks. You need to enable this otherwise the set tasks will not be done!
    My Recommendation: I don't personally enable Cron. Tick the setting if you need this function

Cron task main switch
    Press this to test if the Cron task service is online or not. If the service is offline and you've enabled cron, the your ROM needs to be updated. (Busybox out of date)

Cron reset
    Press this button to reset the scripts and jobs from kernel and to refresh the configuration. This will clear all your custom changes.

Tweaks
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-05.png

Cortexbrain is a script created by DorimanX that can manipulate many kernel settings based on chosen Stweaks profiles and settings and on screen state. It is so useful that the kernel enables it as default.

Cortexbrain-Background-Process
    Enables or Disables the Cortexbrain background process.
    Default: Enabled
    My Recommendation: Leave it to enabled!

Check Background-Process
    Checkes whether the Cortexbrain background process is running or not.

Android logger control
    Controls what you can see in android logcat.
    Default: AUTO
    My Recommendation: Leave it to AUTO!

Modules will covered in advanced guide

Profiles
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-16.png

Here is the menu you want to manage all of the custom profiles available on stweaks

Profile Check:
    Checks what profile you are currently running. By default, dorimanX kernel uses the default profile, and all changes will be saved there.

Profiles:
    Include:
    - Extreme battery
    - Battery
    - Default (Default)
    - Performance
    - Extreme Performance

I don't recommend uses the other profiles since they are outdated or can be further optimized.

Backup or Restore
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-21.png

This section allows users to backup and restore the settings in stweaks. It will take approximately 30secs for stweaks to restore user settings. The app will restart and the values should all be restored.

Settings Backup
    Press this button to backup your stweaks settings. The settings will be saved in the internal sd card on your phone and will be called default.profile.backup. You can open this file in notepad or wordpad to edit settings externally

Settings Restore
    Press this button to restore your stweaks settings. Read the description of the section about how long to wait and app behavior.

Dualboot
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-04-25.png

This section allow you to reboot your phone in several ways. DorimanX kernel supports dualbooting, and you can boot into 2 different roms during the boot process or via app. In order to boot into 2nd rom, the 2nd rom needs to be installed first. To install second rom, go into recovery and dualboot settings. The buttongs should be straightforward here :)

Bug-Report
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-12-34.png

Allows users to report any stweak/kernel specific bugs. Pressing this button will create a log file on your internal sd card which can be used to diagnose any kernel problems.

Partitition Status
    Use this button to check your phone's partitions for errors (data, system, cache, efs and preload). This will NOT fix any errors, it will just check. To fix, backup your files with a backup app or making a nandroid backup (backup via recovery), then press the data and cache fix button located in the OTHER tab. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK SOME DATA MAY BE LOST DURING THE FIXING PROCESS! If there's any broken apps, reinstall them. If you get bootloop, reinstall rom. If you are stuck on boot, wipe phone than install rom. If it says your partitions are CLEAN, your partitions should have no errors. Usually if your partitions has errors, the stock browser will pop up saying that your partitions need to be fixed.

Kernel-Update
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-12-42.png

Allows to check of updates. Again this feature doesn't work properly anymore. And so ignore the message saying that there is a newer version of the kernel!

Extras
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-12-47.png

Gives info about your phone. That's about it!

For now, I will be taking a break. Wait to tomorrow for more info! ;)
    Troubleshooting
    This is the troubleshooting section of the guide. It is important that you read this first before blaming anyone else. Remember that in XDA, we are here to help each other.

Phone doesn't boot?
    There may be a few cases where after you flash dorimanX kernel, your phone will fail to boot. This is quite a broad problem which has many aspects that may have caused this to occur. The common mistake is people do not read before they flash. THAT IS FINE, EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE. Simply read the post regarding to kernel versions, download the correct version, put it on your phone, then flash the kernel.

If that doesn't work, we can narrow the problem down to the file you've downloaded or the custom recovery. There is chance that the kernel zip you've downloaded is corrupted. If that's the case, download it again. If you have trouble installing a kernel on your phone, flash a kernel .tar file via ODIN. Need a .tar file, have a look at my guide here:

Stweaks doesn't save my settings
    Stweaks has safety features that safeguard your phone from any damage, especially from overvolting and overclocking. Because of this, the values will reset to defaults. As frustrating as it is, this is the only way for keeping your phone from its death. There are some cases where Stweaks doesn't even save your settings, this is usually because of the app it misbehaving (aka glitching) or it's because of permission issues. If you face this problem, try reflashing the kernel. Reboot your phone and see if it's working properly. If not, you may have issues with the permissions given to stweaks. Check if you've given root access to stweaks, without root, stweaks is useless.

After installing dorimanX kernel, my battery life has been horrible
    If you face battery problems after installing dorimanX kernel, you can revert to a previous backup of your rom and kernel or flash a different kernel. Kernel developers don't intend to make kernels that use a lot of battery life, in fact, it's the opposite. Most issues regarding to battery life is usually caused by the kernel not being able to determine the new setup environment. Give your phone a few charge cycles before you make your judgement! Battery life is usually affected by the combination of both ROM + Kernel, so the combination is very important if you consider battery life!

My phone freezes when screen is off/Freezes when screen switches on
    Also known as Sleep Of Death (or SOD), this can occur when a value changed regarding to the CPU or GPU is changed to unstable values. This issue commonly occurs when you undervolt your CPU too low, causing the CPU to be unstable. In a event such as this, force your phone to reboot by removing and re-inserting your phone's battery. After that, Stweaks would have already reset to defaults, removing any further instabilities. If you still consider changing those values, try reduce the amount of the value you are changing.

My phone reports that there is 16 CPU steps. Shouldn't there be less
    I won't go too technical in this, but in simple, DorimanX include more than the required CPU frequency steps to allow CPU frequencies to scale efficiently. By samsung default, there is 5 CPU steps. The advantages of having 16 steps is that CPU scaling will be more efficient as the frequencies don't scale up or down too frequently as middle frequencies are used. Also, this allows the user to have more control over the overclocking and voltage capabilities over the CPU. You cannot change the number of steps unless you change the CPU governor to darkness.

Phone is laggy on boot up
    Isn't it always the case that your phone is laggy when you first boot up your phone? Your phone needs to load all of the services and startup apps before you can fully use your phone. Give your phone a little patience then enjoy your new experience.

My Setup

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
    DorimanX kernel version: 10.44 v008
    Max CPU frequency: 1200mhz
    Min CPU frequency: 200mhz
    Undervolting: -20mV for each step
    Awake CPU gov: HYPER
    Sleep CPU gov: Ondemand
    I/O scheduler: SIO
    Installation
    I won't include a guide on how to root your phone or how to put the kernel onto your phone. I assume you already know how to root your phone.

Picture coming soon

Step 1:
    Reboot your phone to recovery
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-24-26.png

Step 2
    Select install zip
    IMG_20150420_201045.jpg

Step 3
    Select the storage location
    IMG_20150420_201102.jpg

Step 4
    Find DorimanX kernel zip
    IMG_20150420_201140.jpg

Step 5
    Confirm to flash
    IMG_20150420_201214.jpg

Step 6
    Let it finish flashing
    IMG_20150420_201223.jpg

Step 7
    Reboot your phone to system
    IMG_20150420_201237.jpg
    Credits List
    - DorimanX (the master behind DorimanX kernel)
    - Cybernetus (for providing the last real DorimanX kernel for i9100 users)
    - Computoncio for also providing i9100 users dorimanx builds
    - Other XDA members that I haven't listed