Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.

Tip us?

Adithya88
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Default imei

Quote:
Originally Posted by rythu_u View Post
Dude im sorrie to sy this. but u hav been cheated .. i got it done for 150 dhs(probabli 2000 rs) . i tried rooting through 1 clik root apps . which is risk free . but dint work because my phone was secure so i decided to just giv it for repair .. my advice dont go to oficial samsung service . they asked me 800 dhs !!!!!
i know i m cheated. but i didn't had any other way to recover my imei No.
can u tell me how did u repaired ur imei without replacing ur motherboard....

Citadel69
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default restored lost imei but still no 4G

I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently lost my imei (went to zero), I re-injected it using the PeoplesArmy method, but it didn't restore my 4G. So the imei is on my phone but my data service is stilled screwed up as I"m only on EDGE. I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this. I went through the steps layed out by the Peoples Army but it didn't work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Walentyn15
Old
(Last edited by Walentyn15; 24th February 2013 at 08:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Does this guide works only with SGSIl?
Sorry if same question was already asked, I'm lazy to search it on 33 pages

rythu_u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidLover GS II View Post
i know i m cheated. but i didn't had any other way to recover my imei No.
can u tell me how did u repaired ur imei without replacing ur motherboard....
yea i guess they rooted my phone and used certain commands to fix my efs folder .. if you loose your imei no. its because of corruption in efs folder . you can only acess it if you have root acess in your phone ... hope you can understand what im saying
Samsung Galaxy S2

If you cant convince them , confuse them

evolution_x
Old
(Last edited by evolution_x; 6th March 2013 at 04:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
The EFS Clear option from ODIN isn't the same thing as erasing the EFS manually ?

I have not made a backup and my IMEI and Baseband is unknown after flashing a ROM on Samsung i9070, is this tutorial valid for I9070 ?
GT-I9070
GT-I8190 - JB 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

opticon107
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello! I need help so bad , my phone doesn't recognize any SIM Card and my IMEI is empty.

I followed this guide with no success. What am I doing wrong?
I have a lot of EFS backups, so I don't know what's the problem. I even tried to copy my EFS backup content to the root EFS manually, but it didn't work. I even used the HC-kTool to make a restore... but everything seems useless. Is there something I am missing here?

I found this alternative http://www.unlocksamsungonline.nl/in...?page=download but I don't know if this works, what do you guys think?

I'm sorry for my bad english and thank you so much in advanced!!!
Have a nice day.

lawong
Old
Thanks Meter 28
i've tried every method available on xda including this one but my phone still same as 'unknown imei n baseband'
except for qpts tools that cant get it to work , i mean it still wont detect my phone..

Any other idea?

ddaazzzzaa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i have imei showing null( most the time) imei-sv showing unknown( most the time) in settings. have been searching high and low for a fix and tried everything ive com across. efs repair ro gs2 repair. the manual 9 steps in this thread samsung tool installing other roms modems etc etc to name a few with out a fix yet............. there has been odd occasions that the phone displays the generic imei and then shows baseband etc etc as normal on phone, but unable to make network connection.....allthough there have been 2 very odd occasions i have had network connections. once able to make a call. and another recived a text that was sent days before to me.. ive noticed over about a hour the phone was showing signal bars on off on off on off etc about 5 seconds on average for a hour or so yesterday.... im thinking its more a hardware problem with the baseband chip. is there any way to check/test if this chip is operating properly or not?

ghnogueira
Old
(Last edited by ghnogueira; 13th March 2013 at 06:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Hi guys. I had my phone working properly this morning, and then all of a sudden I got the generic IMEI (0049 etc). No apparent reason at all. I tried restarting my phone several times but nothing helped.

First I tried doing the 9 steps described on this thread, since I had a backup of the original EFS folder on my sdcard (the files were dated from 27/07/2011, which is exactly when I got my SGSII), but after step 9 and rebooting the phone I got the welcome to android screens as if I was booting the phone for the first time, but still had the generic IMEI.

Maybe worth mentioning as some others I didn't have the ".nv_data.bin" file, only the ".nv_data.bak" file both on my original efs folder and the backed up one.

After that, I tried using Galaxy SII Repair app but it didn't change anything either.

Then I found the tutorial on this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post39100837), which I tried doing both from terminal app available on Market and from the adb on my PC. Through terminal I couldn't do all the steps, but from my PC I could (I had to force a recovery reboot to do some steps, though). I finished doing all the steps, but even like that nothing changed.

My current status is I have the generic IMEI (0049...), I can access the 3G mobile network, but status shows as "emergency calls only" and when I try to call some number a message on the screen appears saying I'm not registered on the network.

I have gone through all possibilities I have read and none made my IMEI return to its original state

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

ghnogueira
Old
(Last edited by ghnogueira; 13th March 2013 at 06:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I think I'm lost

I tried using Ktool to recover my IMEI using an .img that was created last year when I began changing ROMs and stuff, so it's obvious it was working back then. The phone even popped up with the pattern lockscreen I wasn't using recently, but with the code that I used back then... but no IMEI change, still the generic one =/

Tags
efs, imei, recover