Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard-brick + goodbye s2 community

Tip us?

fatjoez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Smile Hard-brick + goodbye s2 community

Tonight while sleepy, I mistaken flashed an S1 PIT to my S2 & bricked it

After 2 years on I9100 I'm moving on to S4 mini.

thanks

- Dorimanx
- eskriminal
- nico60 - spirit rom
- infected
- @ASROCK97 - miui

so many people I cant remember names.. thanks. bye everyone
Dorimanx Kernel Extreme Battery Profile v25 31 Oct 2013:
http://www.tinyurl.com/dorimanx-battery-fatjoez
installation
1. Download profile to SDCard 2. STweaks: set profile "extreme battery" 3. STweaks: restore backup

knuckles1978
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Honestly mate, you'd be better staying clear of the galaxy mini series. They aren't proper galaxy phones.

Have a comparison of the specs of the S4 and S4 mini..

My brother stupidly bought an S3 mini because he didn't really want a phone as big as the S3. He thought he was getting a small S3. He told me the other day that 'this thing is a POS'. I told him that mini series phones are not proper galaxy S's, but he'd obviously already learned it himself by then..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knuckles1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Loochmiester
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978 View Post
Honestly mate, you'd be better staying clear of the galaxy mini series. They aren't proper galaxy phones.

My brother stupidly bought an S3 mini because he didn't really want a phone as big as the S3. He thought he was getting a small S3. He told me the other day that 'this thing is a POS'. I told him that mini series phones are not proper galaxy S's, but he'd obviously already learned it himself by then..

Good to know. My S2 T-989 is close to meeting its maker as well. I've been happy with it but am ready for a new one since I've had it for almost a couple years now.
Thinking of a new Nexus 5 but we'll see.

phoenix1589
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Having decided it's time to move away from my S2 I've just ordered a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. It's virtually the exact size of the S2 but decent specs - Snapdragon 800, 2G RAM, 4G/LTE.

It's the only 'mini' phone that seems to have the same specs as the big phone (ignoring the screen size, obviously).

knuckles1978
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1589 View Post
Having decided it's time to move away from my S2 I've just ordered a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. It's virtually the exact size of the S2 but decent specs - Snapdragon 800, 2G RAM, 4G/LTE.

It's the only 'mini' phone that seems to have the same specs as the big phone (ignoring the screen size, obviously).
That's the way they should be. The galaxy s mini's are pretty misleading. Lots of people who don't follow mobile technology buy them because they think that the screen size is the only difference.

Nice to see that Sony Z compact are actually proper Z phones. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I'd happily use an experia z series too.

ebullube25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello can you help me upgrade my phone Samsung s2 gt-i9100 to Ics.?
Im afraid to hardbrick it.

What Ics Rom that safe to flash. ? I have faulty chip in my Phone gt-i9100. please help me.. please please...thank you help

St Thủ C Đơn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Chia buồn cng gia quyến

Kushal19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That's the way they should be. The galaxy s mini's are pretty misleading. Lots of people who don't follow mobile technology buy them because they think that the screen size is the only difference.

Nice to see that Sony Z compact are actually proper Z phones. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I'd happily use an experia z series too.
Yeah true, but the big versions are always better=p so it's always safer going for the normal version, rather than the smaller version.

Another problem with the smaller version = hardly anyone has it compared to its normal phone = so if there's a bug on a ROM, that means that you're stuck=p as barely many people have it. It's also not as supported as the normal device. Take S4 Mini for an example.
People barely have it compared to an S4, so it hasn't achieved nowhere near that attention

Z1 > Z1 Compact