5,604,859 Members 33,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Root Galaxy SII SCH-R760 Generic CDMA (NON US CELLULAR)

Tip us?

chicinwang
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Default Re: How to Root Galaxy SII SCH-R760 Generic CDMA (NON US CELLULAR)

@cspiresucks-I'm not aware of any other devices matching the S2 other than the E4GT, possibly straight talks S2.

Sent from my A100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

@michaelnm-Did you try installing Busy Box with the custom kernel installed? Or on the stock one? Also do you have Super User installed before trying to install busy box. Maybe dumb questions, just trying to make sure so we can figure out the next step

SCH-R760(Generic)-rooted stock rom
Iconia A100 rooted stock rom
MilestoneX(retired)rooted stock (ATM)

daddyodizzel
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Alrighty time for me to jump in the band wagon on this. I have an Alltel SGSII ofcourse. I'm cm9 experimental ICS... I see there's more roms now that I can mess with, but like always there is that thought of failure and having to go back to stock. My problem is, I don't have a stock file. Is there Any stock file for Alltel. Or generic along with the tar and pit things... Thank you

michaelnm
Old
Thanks Meter 0

@chicinwang-After I installed the custom kernel, I tried to install busy box using JRummys busy box installer app like it said in the rooting instructions, but it kept failing to install. But the app showed there was a version of busy box already installed, im guessing the custom kernel already had busy box in it. I then used Odin to reinstall the stock kernel, and it got rid of the already installed busy box, but kept the super user. I found another busy box installer on the app store and tried that. And it installed buybox v1.21.0-Stericson, for some reason "BusyBox by Stephen (Stericson)" managed to install busy box where JRummy couldn't. I don't think I have any problems now, since my only one was busybox not installing and thats been taken care of. Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the lengthy story.

chicinwang
Old
Thanks Meter 39

No problem micheal, biggest thing you got it going!
@daddyodizzel look up a cpl post (feb 18) i have one in my dropbox. Btw: I'm not 100% sure its our exact firmware. Though I'v been told it was. I'm still waiting on a cpl of ppl who asked for it too let me know..

SCH-R760

Shortyred
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So any more developments???

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

When installing cwm on the rooted r760 which cwm do we use? Samsung galaxy s2 (galaxy s2) is that the right one? Thanks!!

cspiresucks
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Has anybody had any bugs? Using this method to root? I've been receiving incoming calls with no sound. I've double checked and my ringer volume is set to high.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using xda app-developers app

chicinwang
Old
Thanks Meter 39

Shortyred-not as of late, neither custom recovery will work yet. But I've wondering if the booloader was unlocked or making the kernel insucre would give us a better chance. I haven't had a chance lately to read any more on it ,but I'll post as soon as figure something out.

Not me!? Working great,is it all calls or a few? This may sound crazy,but make sure under call settings you have an actual ring tone selected. I know my old moto would do that at times(revert back to none). Also select another ring tone and see if that helps.

cspiresucks
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Some calls it partially rings. I checked I have a ringtone selected and volume is high. I also changed ringtones and still nothing. I checked all my apps that have access to the audio system and it still doesn't work.

cspiresucks
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Ok I figured it out. I had a call blocker app that had a setting that was interfering with the incoming ringtone.

chicinwang
Old
Thanks Meter 39

Sweet! Glad you figured it out.

SCH-R760

The Following User Says Thank You to chicinwang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
galaxy s 2, generic cdma, gsii, sch-r760