Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 51,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] reset custom binary counter in download mode

Tip us?
 
ffosilva
Old
#311  
ffosilva's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 421
Posts: 115
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Campina Grande

 
DONATE TO ME
Works like a charm! I'd putted 2x 150k in a row. (150k + 150K) Some glue to protect the 'circuit'. =)

 
wilforknowledge
Old
#312  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jan 2010
I am not understanding the obsession with resetting the download counter. It does not void your warranty as it does not show why you put it in download mode. Here at a tech center I work at, we use Samsung official software to flash the original RUU and this requires us to put the device in download mode twice to run it.

Am I missing something? Please enlighten me.

P.S. Also, in the event that we cannot fix a device, we exchange it with the manufacturer and I have yet to see Samsung not accept a device due to the devices download count.
 
sebarkh
Old
#313  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 1,003
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Warsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilforknowledge View Post
I am not understanding the obsession with resetting the download counter. It does not void your warranty as it does not show why you put it in download mode. Here at a tech center I work at, we use Samsung official software to flash the original RUU and this requires us to put the device in download mode twice to run it.

Am I missing something? Please enlighten me.

P.S. Also, in the event that we cannot fix a device, we exchange it with the manufacturer and I have yet to see Samsung not accept a device due to the devices download count.
It doesn't count going into download mode but the number of times you flash custom rom/kernel...
 
Fasciana
Old
#314  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 33
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hi guys,

you can also by a JIG at amazon.

I tired and tested a JIG from amazon.de and amazon.co.uk, both work perfectly.

Cheers
 
Jiia
Old
#315  
Jiia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 427
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oulu, Finland
If I already have official firmware do I just need to plug the USB-jig, remove it and reboot to reset the counter? Or do I need to flash my firmware again before the reset happens.
Current device: NEXUS 5

 
vnvman
Old
(Last edited by vnvman; 9th September 2011 at 11:41 AM.)
#316  
vnvman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 2,000
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alba
Just turn off the phone, plug the jig: the phone will boot up in download mode. Now power it off (long press power), reboot and you're done. You're download counter will go back to stock whatever rom you have on your phone. You will have to redo this only if you flash something via odin. If you just flash roms through recovery that won't be counted
My toys:
Google Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 920 White
Samsung Ativ S
Asus Transformer TF300T
Cowon J3 16 GB
 
icecubix2
Old
#317  
icecubix2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jul 2007
I don't understand. I've installed lots of unofficial roms. Last is LeoMar75 Rom Revolution 2.6 - XXKH3. I don't have any jig.
But now I don't have the yellow triangle and in Download i read:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-i9100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

WHY? Need I the Jig to reset something?? Can I install infinite ROMs without counter increase?

Regards!

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)
Rom:Criskelo ROM
 
Lennyuk
Old
#318  
Lennyuk's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,420
Posts: 5,701
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, England

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubix2 View Post
I don't understand. I've installed lots of unofficial roms. Last is LeoMar75 Rom Revolution 2.6 - XXKH3. I don't have any jig.
But now I don't have the yellow triangle and in Download i read:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-i9100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

WHY? Need I the Jig to reset something?? Can I install infinite ROMs without counter increase?

Regards!
as soon as you flash a custom rom it will say the following:

ODIN MODE (Binary count: 1)
PRODUCT NAME: GT-i9100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES
CURRENT BINARY: SOMETHING

then if you try to return it like this to samsung for repair they would clearly see you were on a custom rom and *could* void the warranty.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:
 
Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
 
icecubix2
Old
(Last edited by icecubix2; 9th September 2011 at 03:21 PM.)
#319  
icecubix2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
as soon as you flash a custom rom it will say the following:

ODIN MODE (Binary count: 1)
PRODUCT NAME: GT-i9100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES
CURRENT BINARY: SOMETHING

then if you try to return it like this to samsung for repair they would clearly see you were on a custom rom and *could* void the warranty.
I've checked it again and I see "NO". I've installed lots of roms and I remember I saw the yellow triangle before. But now I don't see it and CUSTOM BYNARY DOWNLOAD says NO.
I don't understand!!

=================================

SOME HOURS LATER...

Ooooh, I see a yellow triangle in first screen of download mode
Must I buy the jig?


Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)
Rom:Criskelo ROM
 
OpenMinded
Old
#320  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 793
Join Date: Oct 2006
at dh2311: i can understand you would like to have people donate to fix the screen.
I do believe that is not fair.
You should ask O2 again and be persistive, it is bullocks this is a user issue.
If O2 does not help, call Samsung.
They have international warranty.
Flash back orignal rom and reset rom counter with usb jig and all should be fine under warranty.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes