XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9100, I9101 and I9103

Tip us?

mawardi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default I9100, I9101 and I9103

There are Galaxy S II variants for International market. I9101 is NFC-enabled while I9103 is Tegra 2-based. So, which one will get the most of the development here? It's soooo important for me. I see that Galaxy SL has very little attention from devs. So, I don't want to be on a loser's side. Or is it not gonna be like Galaxy S/SL?
The Following User Says Thank You to mawardi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LyInIa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think active contributors are also early users, the i9100 should be a good base. Anyway, the nfc ver. is very similar. The tegra based will be less followed I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Dark_Lord0122
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I think that developers will focus more on the I9100 as its the first version to get release in the UK. the NFC version shouldn't be that much of a difference the tegra 2 will get less attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawardi View Post
There are Galaxy S II variants for International market. I9101 is NFC-enabled while I9103 is Tegra 2-based. So, which one will get the most of the development here? It's soooo important for me. I see that Galaxy SL has very little attention from devs. So, I don't want to be on a loser's side. Or is it not gonna be like Galaxy S/SL?

HumanoidTalking
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Technically NFC is only difference between I9100 and I9101, so same development can be applied.. for Tegra 2 version, all CPU development will be bit different.. Gamer lovers will like tigra 2(though I9100 is better for all non-Tegra games).. most Devs are into Roms, themes, root, overclock.. so for me I9100 is safe bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawardi View Post
SGS2 Secret Codes + Volume Boosting Click HERE :

N7000 STOCK ROM Installation Guide HERE

Sleepycat3
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord0122 View Post
I think that developers will focus more on the I9100 as its the first version to get release in the UK. the NFC version shouldn't be that much of a difference the tegra 2 will get less attention.
The I9103 with its Tegra 2 chip should run existing software that is tailored for Tegra 2. Since there is huge backing behind Tegra 2, the I9103 is not really getting less attention.

bilboa1
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 297

DONATE TO ME
since many "tegra" games already run on the i9100, and that the exynos is so much faster, tegra is like, bleh.
also the tegra version is a super lcd i think?

Sleepycat3
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa1 View Post
since many "tegra" games already run on the i9100, and that the exynos is so much faster, tegra is like, bleh.
"Many" refers mostly to the Gameloft games. There are many other 3D games out there that the exynos can't run. I'd say "handful" instead.

BlueScreenJunky
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepycat3 View Post
"Many" refers mostly to the Gameloft games. There are many other 3D games out there that the exynos can't run. I'd say "handful" instead.
errr, nope, Gameloft has never done any "Tegra 2 only" games that I'm aware of, so all their games will probably be updated to support Exynos eventually.
I think "many" referred to the games which are supposed to run only on Tegra 2 devices like Samurai Revenge 2 HD, Pinball HD, or Guerilla Bob THD, but which work perfectly on Exynos once you use the appropriate drivers, proving that the "Tegra 2 optimised" is just marketting and a software lock.

Just wanted to make that clear, but actually I agree that most games will probably be optimised for Tegra 2 since it will be the most common platform. (Also Xperia play seems to have lots of games designed for it... I guess it's good news for those who are stuck on single core/Adreno 205 phones...)

mawardi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I9101 is going to be powered by TI OMAP 4430 after all (source: GSMArena).

Mew178
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa1 View Post
We in Croatia are getting the Tegra version and it does indeed have a Super Amoled+ diplay. Still it's only clocked at 1.0 Ghz compared to the 1.2 Ghz of the Exynos