Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS for Galaxy S2 I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2

Tip us?
 
bocautrang.pt
Old
#1  
bocautrang.pt's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default ICS for Galaxy S2 I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2

I think guys @Sammobile are really working hard even on weekend, one more ICS leak in less than 24 hours. I am kind of started hating this flashing again and again. But that curiosity is forcing me to do it every time. So here it is, I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA firmware based on Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3. Its really hard to say as of now that what is new in this I9100XXLP2 when compared to I9100XXLP1 but still I think this should be better than previous one. I will review it in detail soon by that time Please check the installation guide as well as changelog.



**This ROM is still in BETA and may not be good for daily use. But if you want to try it follow the procedure below. Upgrading firmware is a risky procedure.. Please do it at your own risk. **

I9100XXLP2 Review

Changelog
FaceLock working (verified by me)
Task manager is back.. Long Press home button and you will see task manager in bottom left
Rom is fast... no force closes
3G, data , wifi is fine
Touch wiz working good so far
Baseband version is LP1 only as same modem is used



Prerequisite

Samsung USB Drivers , Download Link
I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA.rar 333.7 MB Password - samfirmware.com | Download link
Pit file download
ODIN , you will get in the RAR file
Charge your phone battery up to a good level
Backup all your Data


Phase 1- setting up PC and backup

Install the Samsung USB drivers
Unzip the main firmware file I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA.rar and you will see these files
1. GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5
2. I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship. tar.md5
3. MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5
Take Backup of your contacts messages and other data from your phone. Please note that this procedure doesn`t format your internal memory, only messages, contacts and apps will be erased.
Shut down Samsung Kies completely
Run Odin which you have already installed
Power off your Galaxy S2 and wait till one vibrate comes to ensure complete switch off

Phase 2 - Upgrading the firmware

Hold Volume down key+ Home button key and press power on, now you will see this screen, accept it
Connect your phone with USB cable and run ODIN
You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
Check only Re partition, Auto reboot & F. Reset time in option
Put the files like this in Odin:
PIT = u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit,
PDA = I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship. tar.md5,
PHONE = MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5,
CSC = GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5,
Hit the start button and process will begin
Wait until your phone gets restart and then unplug the cable


That it you will have Android 4.0.3 Ice cream Sandwich I9100XXLP2 on your Phone.

Enjoy
 
ephraim
Old
#2  
ephraim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,038
Posts: 2,539
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cebu City
Isn't this already out a few days back? And sammobile isn't the one fixing the bugs, they just release leaks from an insider in samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Galaxy S2 dual booting Stock ICS and CyanogenMod10
Catalina Mosquera Reyes April 30,1928 - August 26,2012.
I love you grandma,i know you are in a better place now.
 
alangrig
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 1,141
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Riga
Does movie editor aka google movie studio works on this build?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Nexus 5 & HTC ONE
 
bala_gamer
Old
#4  
bala_gamer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,550
Posts: 11,332
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Madurai-Chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
oh what a waste of time, a good example for someone who doesnt read anything..
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73
 
jj03
Old
#5  
jj03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 458
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer View Post
oh what a waste of time, a good example for someone who doesnt read anything..
perhaps you could spend your time being helpful instead of wasting your time moaning...just a thought.

.
The Following User Says Thank You to jj03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sebarkh
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 1,003
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Warsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocautrang.pt View Post
I think guys @Sammobile are really working hard even on weekend, one more ICS leak in less than 24 hours. I am kind of started hating this flashing again and again. But that curiosity is forcing me to do it every time. So here it is, I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA firmware based on Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3. Its really hard to say as of now that what is new in this I9100XXLP2 when compared to I9100XXLP1 but still I think this should be better than previous one. I will review it in detail soon by that time Please check the installation guide as well as changelog.



**This ROM is still in BETA and may not be good for daily use. But if you want to try it follow the procedure below. Upgrading firmware is a risky procedure.. Please do it at your own risk. **

I9100XXLP2 Review

Changelog
FaceLock working (verified by me)
Task manager is back.. Long Press home button and you will see task manager in bottom left
Rom is fast... no force closes
3G, data , wifi is fine
Touch wiz working good so far
Baseband version is LP1 only as same modem is used



Prerequisite

Samsung USB Drivers , Download Link
I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA.rar 333.7 MB Password - samfirmware.com | Download link
Pit file download
ODIN , you will get in the RAR file
Charge your phone battery up to a good level
Backup all your Data


Phase 1- setting up PC and backup

Install the Samsung USB drivers
Unzip the main firmware file I9100XXLP2_I9100OXALP2_OXA.rar and you will see these files
1. GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5
2. I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship. tar.md5
3. MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5
Take Backup of your contacts messages and other data from your phone. Please note that this procedure doesn`t format your internal memory, only messages, contacts and apps will be erased.
Shut down Samsung Kies completely
Run Odin which you have already installed
Power off your Galaxy S2 and wait till one vibrate comes to ensure complete switch off

Phase 2 - Upgrading the firmware

Hold Volume down key+ Home button key and press power on, now you will see this screen, accept it
Connect your phone with USB cable and run ODIN
You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
Check only Re partition, Auto reboot & F. Reset time in option
Put the files like this in Odin:
PIT = u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit,
PDA = I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship. tar.md5,
PHONE = MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5,
CSC = GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5,
Hit the start button and process will begin
Wait until your phone gets restart and then unplug the cable


That it you will have Android 4.0.3 Ice cream Sandwich I9100XXLP2 on your Phone.

Enjoy

OMG, what a pathetic thread!
OP! There is a SEARCH button!!!!!
 
walidhiphop
Old
#7  
walidhiphop's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 427
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Djelfa
READ READ READ READ READ READ READ.........SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH...............god damn !!! is there any one nowadays doing the reading and the searching..........????? ...................
LG G2 aka The Monster
 
sxi200
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 1,497
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Hey, new leak!!!! I9100XXKP1. I should start a new thread about it.

Sent from my GT-I9100
 
walidhiphop
Old
#9  
walidhiphop's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 427
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Djelfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxi200 View Post
Hey, new leak!!!! I9100XXKP1. I should start a new thread about it.

Sent from my GT-I9100
yeah you should i'm going to start a new thread about it too.......
LG G2 aka The Monster
 
Intratech
Old
#10  
Intratech's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,505
Posts: 4,992
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London

 
DONATE TO ME
You're late, XXLP3 is the latest.
Need official GT-I9100 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
Need official GT-I9300 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969

I don't want to help and provide tech support by PM. Please post on the forum so everyone can learn from each other


[/CENTER]

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes