Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS Official ROM] XXLPQ (4.0.3) - Europe (XEO/SEB)

Tip us?

stigslim
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I get very tempted to lash a stock ICS ROM. But if i am brutaly honest i dont know enough to do it with any confidence. SIM free UK handset, but i do like the ripped back plain Android. But with a 500 quid handset i dont want to be dropping a boll***.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

aRc.
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigslim View Post
I get very tempted to lash a stock ICS ROM. But if i am brutaly honest i dont know enough to do it with any confidence. SIM free UK handset, but i do like the ripped back plain Android. But with a 500 quid handset i dont want to be dropping a boll***.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
I did what you are contemplating. Had random errors and shut downs. Did a factory reset and reflash and now it works fine and is very speedy. Stock is the way to go man! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

snex_snex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everybody !
Can i use this version of ICS on my SGS 2 , or any other version , even if i have karnel I9100XWKI4 ?

hope for an answer .

Respect,
S.

aceofclubs
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by snex_snex View Post
Hello everybody !
Can i use this version of ICS on my SGS 2 , or any other version , even if i have karnel I9100XWKI4 ?

hope for an answer .

Respect,
S.
Yes you can but I would go for LP3 myself.

----------------------
GTI9100 XWKK5
siyah 2.6.12
magicconfig

rammoo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

dellian0
Old
(Last edited by dellian0; 1st April 2012 at 05:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
also flashed my sgs2 (XXLPQ 4.0.3 SEB before that i had XWKK2 2.3.6) today, everything is working great and smooth but i have 1problem that showed up.

When i want to use the keyboard, the letter "v" (with dutch language) its not anymore on the 3rd place, but instead on the 7th place. Sgs2 shows me first all kinds of diffrents "u" instead.

After checking every settings, and correct language input, i tried to do with the english (uk) language and everything works like it supposed to be. But with the small problem i cant use my T9 words because everything is now in english

Someone else that had this problem, or know how to fix this problem?

kind regards

aRc.
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Hi, I've had some problems with ICS root, so I've gone back to stock GB for now.

My question is, can I root just to remove the bloat and then go back to stock and keep the bloat frozen, and safely?

Karpfenhai
Old
Thanks Meter 2,324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRc. View Post
Hi, I've had some problems with ICS root, so I've gone back to stock GB for now.

My question is, can I root just to remove the bloat and then go back to stock and keep the bloat frozen, and safely?
Yes you can ;) not sure about freezing but you can uninstall the bloat and flash a stock kernel.

But why would you do that?

Swyped from my GT-I9100 using XDA App.
Galaxy SII + Nexus 10 32Gb,
What else?
Maintaining, HTC Sensation (Pyramid), Galaxy SIII / IV , Zopo P980 + other Phones and Tablets..

aRc.
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai View Post
Yes you can ;) not sure about freezing but you can uninstall the bloat and flash a stock kernel.

But why would you do that?

Swyped from my GT-I9100 using XDA App.
I want to stay root but my phone goes into SoD overnight and my.alarm doesn't go off. Not sure what the cause is, but I've tried all possibilities and ICS just doesn't seem ready yet. GB root is far superior.

Back to my original question; after rooting, uninstalling bloat and reflashing the stock kernel, would the bloat stay uninstalled?

aceofclubs
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRc. View Post

Someone pointed out that we can go into settings->apps->all and use the disable button to freeze system apps without rooting in ICS.

----------------------
GTI9100 XWLP3