Previous test ROM was LP2,
Question: Is this ROM a thumb down?
• I am confused to call it better/worse than previous one as some issues were solved and some bugs reintroduced !
• Phone calls were good, earpiece, loudspeaker volume in call was very good. NR was there present usually.
• On previous ROM I said Vibration intensity for incoming call was little bit fainter than previous, now it's back strong again.
• Same incoming call UI and Answer/Reject animations doesn't work.
• WiFi, Bluetooth works absolutely fine. Same goes for 3G/H+
• 480x800 walls does NOT set for Home screen. Bad. They set at Lock screen however.
• Market is working fine and downloading works too.
• Swype is present. Default keyboard layout is QWERTZ instead of QWERTY.
• That kiddish feature called Face unlock works, tried it at least 10 times and worked every time.
• GPS lock is fine in GMaps, Sygic.. But there is no satellites found in GPS Status/GPS Test app or couldn't get a lock in Endomondo and similar apps.
• Now the big issue, There is NO option to switch networks, aka Network Mode. Thus you won't be able to change network modes to 2G or WCDMA. The default Auto option is enabled I guess.
Now for that reason I got shaky network signal all time, in my area 3G signal is weak however.
*** If you wanna stick with this ROM and don't know how to switch to 2G then go to keypad, dial *#*#4636#*#*
and tap on Phone information and scroll down to change the network to 'GSM Only', see below,
• Another weird thing, FM Radio does NOT work. Is it due to the above reason? I guess not, cause it wasn't working either after switching to GSM only.
• I like the new gray background of Stock email app, the emails are now more readable than previous black background.
• Camera and Video recording works fine as usual.
• Same GMail app.
• Lock screen ICS animation is weird, again.
• Google+, Messenger and Kies Air apps are included. Don't why this is a worth mentioning point in changelog of Sammobile!
• Task manager is also same and that's normal, don't know what Sammobile tried to say by saying 'Task manager is back' !
• Development option is present and same as usual.
• 1080P YouTube videos ran smoothly.
• Now another big thing, this is a positive though. 1080P videos ran very fine/smoothly with Stock Video player.
• Same Missed call and SMS icon in Lock screen.
• Restart option turns off the device but doesn't actually Restarts it!
• There is an additional option to Vibrate the device when a call is connected under Settings-Call alert. However the vibration intensity is damn faint that you won't even feel it. This ain't a big thing anyway as there are plenty apps available to do this purpose.
• Touch keys glow and haptic feedback works, but they reduced the vibration intensity of haptic, which is good.
• Call log entries shows a compact mode count if you call a same number, but if you call a different number at middle then that previous calling number gets separated again and starts counting a new compact mode until you dial a different number.
• The Stock Browser worked great as usual. I don't think there is any other things needed to do finish/polish this thing, it's just awesome. Still an Exit option would be more than welcome.
• Phone does go to deep sleep. Confirmed. I was on CF kernel though.
• Connection with PC worked at first go.
• The elastic scrolling all over the UI is great and the best I've used so far, it's smooth and fast.
• The touch screen response seems a bit better than previous leaks.
• No comments on battery life as I am using it for just three hours now. I am not that much interested in that anymore anyway
*** More points will be added later ***
Well some things like 1080P Video Playback and Smart input are back but at the same time they introduced some bugs, some bad issues, like no Network mode, FM doesn't work, Wallpapers don't set and etc. So no, it's NOT a daily usable ROM and I don't think I'd call this an update from the previous version other than the smooth HD Video Playback.
Attaching some screenshots as usual, they are more or less same. And will upload a work through video later.
In the mean time you guys, who have already tried or using this ROM please give your feedback here, both Pros and Cons.
*** Video ***
Thanks and Regards.