KF2 or KF4?

Search This thread

godutch

Jun 29, 2009
www.burgerforumeu.nl
Offtopic here, but on my KE7 I loose around 3% on standby during night (8 hours)...
Amusing, how many different results people get :/

Last week for the first time I was struck by the battery drain issue (this was on kf1 btw) but I sort of think it's dependent on particular usage and I somehow triggered it, got a few bad days, pulled the battery (for other reasons) and now it's good again

dudi1986

Dec 11, 2010
germany
This is absolutely OT here, but just try this:

"Dial" *2767*4387264636#

This brings you into the ServiceMode
If you see these values in the third line:
[2]PCode: GT-I9100LKAVIA
then the answer is: YES ;)

This means your phone is branded by O2 Germany. And they didn't
release an own SGS firmware until now. After they released their first one
the message inside Kies will change...

Thanks. it is as you said.but i still wonder what kind of brandding that . only the homepage applied and i changed it to google. I even didnt have to network settings!!

phorcesquad

May 11, 2010
Alright guys... Here is my most recent conclusion to this topic: I have been trying KF3 and battery life got worse..so i would say don't even bother flashing that one. Have been on KF2 for a couple of days and i am getting some good 24 hours battery life on moderate usage. That's very sufficient since I am charging over night anyway. So no more trying out firmware updates for me... Waiting for 2.3.4.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

MCOGW

Sep 16, 2010
Thanks. it is as you said.but i still wonder what kind of brandding that . only the homepage applied and i changed it to google. I even didnt have to network settings!!

Like I said, they didn't release an own branded firmware until now. So meanwhile they are using some kind of "generic" carrier branding for the phones they sell.
I think their first customized version will have some more "branded items" inside...

Reactions: dudi1986

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have KE2 on phone and when i connect with kies it tells me that the version of my software can not be updated. is this normal?

This is absolutely OT here, but just try this:

"Dial" *2767*4387264636#

This brings you into the ServiceMode
    If you see these values in the third line:
    [2]PCode: GT-I9100LKAVIA
    then the answer is: YES ;)

This means your phone is branded by O2 Germany. And they didn't
    release an own SGS firmware until now. After they released their first one
    the message inside Kies will change...
    Awesome, glad I waited. KE7 has been great, battery life is fantastic after the Fastdormancy + Under volt + ATK to kill rogue apps. I'm hoping KF3 will allow me to not have to do all that for excellent battery life. :)

Like I said, they didn't release an own branded firmware until now. So meanwhile they are using some kind of "generic" carrier branding for the phones they sell.
    I think their first customized version will have some more "branded items" inside...